cassoulet recipe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i made up this cassoulet recipe last winter. it doesnt have the duck confit, but really, who wants to mess around with that? im not a big fan of taking short cuts when it comes to cooking, but then again i refuse to cook dried beans most of the time.
smile.gif

i never write down the measurements on my recipe cards, so im at a loss in trying to guess. the proportions arent too important. you cant mess it up unless you add way too much dried herbs.

1/2-1 lb andouille sausage

3 chx breasts

cut sausage into rounds. you can take it from the casing if you want. brown. reserve. brown chx pieces in sausage fat. reserve. deglaze the pan with

white wine- 1 cup ish. red is fine too.

large onion, sliced.

garlic - i usually use the whole head.

2 cinnamon sticks

salt and pepper

herbs of choice. i use dried thyme and sometimes marjoram.

cook in wine until soft.

large can diced tomatoes w/ juice

2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed. (you know....those reg sized cans)

1 c milk

add to pot w/ reserved meats. simmer until as thick as youd like. 20-30 minutes. adjust seasonings and finish with minced parsley.

serve w/ crusty bread and salad.

it freezes nicely.

That sounds really good, i have a great recipe for stew if anyone wants it. Think i will make that Cassoulet but i have never heard of that sausage before.

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk That sounds really good, i have a great recipe for stew if anyone wants it. Think i will make that Cassoulet but i have never heard of that sausage before. Donnamary..Yes..post your receipe for stew..Always on the look out for new things to make.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse i made up this cassoulet recipe last winter. it doesnt have the duck confit, but really, who wants to mess around with that? im not a big fan of taking short cuts when it comes to cooking, but then again i refuse to cook dried beans most of the time.
smile.gif

i never write down the measurements on my recipe cards, so im at a loss in trying to guess. the proportions arent too important. you cant mess it up unless you add way too much dried herbs.

1/2-1 lb andouille sausage

3 chx breasts

cut sausage into rounds. you can take it from the casing if you want. brown. reserve. brown chx pieces in sausage fat. reserve. deglaze the pan with

white wine- 1 cup ish. red is fine too.

large onion, sliced.

garlic - i usually use the whole head.

2 cinnamon sticks

salt and pepper

herbs of choice. i use dried thyme and sometimes marjoram.

cook in wine until soft.

large can diced tomatoes w/ juice

2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed. (you know....those reg sized cans)

1 c milk

add to pot w/ reserved meats. simmer until as thick as youd like. 20-30 minutes. adjust seasonings and finish with minced parsley.

serve w/ crusty bread and salad.

it freezes nicely.

Gawd..That sounds yummy..especially with a whole head of garlic**drool**

i *love* garlic! i make stuff so garlicky that it burns. lol. a whole head in this recipe doesnt even make it noticeably garlicky. im sure it rounds out the flavor a lot, though. donna- andouille is a cold smoked sausage (so its raw) made of pork. its really spicy and has a deep red tint from cayenne pepper. its a french/creole thing, but its available all over the US. i live in the middle of nowhere, and i can get it at my butchers. you could substitute something like spicy italian sausage. i dont know if you have that there, or what it would be called. its pork, fennel seed, spices, and is raw.

Back