Catherine Zeta-Jones

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like another law suit for Catherine Zeta-Jones, just wondering everyones take on this, do you think she is right? Or do you think she needs to learn to get over herself a bit? I was thinking about adding a pic. of her but........ she might sue.

LOS ANGELES Oct 24, 2004 — Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones has sued a Nevada topless club she said used her image for advertising and promotion without her permission. The lawsuit filed Thursday in U.S District Court in Los Angeles said The Spice House, which bills itself as "Reno's friendliest topless cabaret," displayed her picture on "numerous pages" of its Web site, sometimes alongside partially nude women.

That created the false impression the actress "endorsed or approved of the sexually explicit content" and could "dilute the value of her celebrity endorsement," the lawsuit says.

The star of "Chicago" and "Intolerable Cruelty" has never authorized the club or its owner, Wesglow Resources, to display her image, according to the lawsuit. She seeks unspecified damages and an order barring further use of her likeness. A call to The Spice House's executive office was not immediately returned.

I think she needs to learn to get over herself. When you are a celebrity what do you think is going to happen...of course people will post pictures etc. I think it's a byproduct of being a celebrity and she should just deal with it. Especially since it's not like she is hurting for money.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I think she needs to learn to get over herself. When you are a celebrity what do you think is going to happen...of course people will post pictures etc. I think it's a byproduct of being a celebrity and she should just deal with it. Especially since it's not like she is hurting for money. I agree Reija, just for the heck of it I decided to do a search on her list of lawsuits and I'm starting to wonder who hasn't she sued. There is the one where she and Michael Douglas sued a magazine over the wedding photos, one of her complaints in the suit was that they printed a picture of her eating wedding cake that I guess she thought wasn't very flattering
icon_rolleyes.gif
. She threatened to sue anyone who said anything about her using the Atkins diet after having her baby. In 2002 a French spa had taken a quote from a magazine where CZJ had mentioned that she used their products and used it on their website, I guess it was a violation of her contract with Elizabeth Arden, the spa immediately apoligized and removed the quote from the website but CZJ thought she should be compensated and filed a lawsuit for $5 million. The one that really kills me is where she and hubby filed suit in Wales to try to shut down a neighbors small business that he ran out of his garage, they were building a mansion nearby and didn't like the little bit of traffic that this gentlemans business caused near their property. I tell ya, I just don't know about some of these celebrities and their egos.

I agree with the both of ye here aswell. She really needs to get over herself. She chose to become a celebrity. Good things & bad things come with that. She can't be going around suing everybody. And its not like she needs the money!!

yeah - i agree with you guys... They want fame and fortune and all this publicity, but then when they have it, they don't want it anymore. (Or at least pretend not to) But with the annoying 'paparazzi' and unflattering wedding cake pics, comes all the $ they make from it. So I'm sure she'll tough it out just to keep her pockets well lined.
icon_cool.gif

IMO she has ruined her natural Welsh looks in favour of plastic looking teeth and the Hollywood look. She needs to catch herself on and stop whinging about stuff. Stupid Cow she is.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 24285" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>yeah - i agree with you guys... They want fame and fortune and all this publicity, but then when they have it, they don't want it anymore. (Or at least pretend not to) But with the annoying 'paparazzi' and unflattering wedding cake pics, comes all the $ they make from it. So I'm sure she'll tough it out just to keep her pockets well lined.
icon_cool.gif
</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: newreply_reviewbit --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: newreply_reviewbit --><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>10-26-2004 11:15 AM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well said NYAngel. It seems to be that some celebs want everything thier own way. I think it is disgusting that they used their status and money against a hard working man trying to make a living from his garage business!

Latest posts

Back