Quantcast

Cheap Haul at Kmart! LOL

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Got a few things today at Kmart - the bargain hunters haven! LOL

Got 3 pairs of sandals and a mint green "suede-like" bag for Spring!

The first pair (black) are the COMFY daily sandals ... feel like slippers and only $10.99! Second & Third pair are by Thalia Sodi... kind of reminded me of a "modern" Dr. Scholls type - figure I could wear em' with capri's or dress up jeans or a sundress... (only $9.99 each! Had to get brown & white! LOL) The bag is kinda - sorta similar to one I saw in Macys for $118 - (w/o pockets, and it was leather but same light mint green color) Mine... $8.79!!! LOL (Now if only they had the light blue I'm after... I'd really be happy!)

Tightwads, UNITE! LOL

Reaction score
Great haul Janelle! Love the shoes in white and brown. I always do the same thing. Payless has some really cute pocketbooks, in some really cool bright spring colors. I definitly want to get one. Filenes also has a really cute bright pink spring coat. I would love to get it just don't know if I can pull it off or not.

Reaction score
very, very cute! i especially love the sandals!

i love when people can admit they shop at stores like that. i can't STAND when people lie about where they get their stuff!

Reaction score
LOL I went to Kmart the other day too to buy a lotion, and saw these flipflops and HAD to get them in two colors, black and turquoise/blue something!!! they were buy one get one half of, $8 each, so got them for $12! And the ones on the right I got for $1.98 at walmart!
yes, I am supporting sweatshops and providing work for people in 3rd world countries, yuhuu!! (DISCLAIMER: ATTENTION!! SARCASM!!! Do NOT take seriously!
) I always need flops like these for everyday, especially the beach.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by destiny LOL I went to Kmart the other day too to buy a lotion, and saw these flipflops and HAD to get them in two colors, black and turquoise/blue something!!! they were buy one get one half of, $8 each, so got them for $12! And the ones on the right I got for $1.98 at walmart!
yes, I am supporting sweatshops and providing work for people in 3rd world countries, yuhuu!! (DISCLAIMER: ATTENTION!! SARCASM!!! Do NOT take seriously!
) I always need flops like these for everyday, especially the beach. $1.98!?!?!
Do you have pics?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jennifer very, very cute! i especially love the sandals!
i love when people can admit they shop at stores like that. i can't STAND when people lie about where they get their stuff!

Thanks guys! I really liked the sandals too - I saw them in the circular in Sunday's paper... so I went on lunch to check them out. They came in white, brown, bright turquois blue & bright pink... and they're actually pretty comfy too! I have flat feet and usually anything with a heel that isn't a little 'platform' in the front has my feet killing me, but these seem to be alright!
I have a few other black sandals, one I got at Walmart last year in PA when we were on vacation & going to dinner & I didn't have shoes... so I picked up a pair and I love em'... slips on w/ a buckle and thick strap near the toes for like $10... These black ones I got because they are so comfy! They are just for everyday bumming around & days at work when I know I'll be on my feet a lot. And although I like nice things, I'm not Paris Hilton & can't afford to shell out $500 on a pair of shoes or $600 on a pair of sunglasses that are made out of the same $10 plastic that you can find at a flea market... so yeah - I'll wear stuff from Kmart, Walmart - and some 'brand name' stuff - Guess, BeBe, etc... whatever I feel something is worth for what it is... And if I find something for $10 that I like.. I'll get it - I could care less if people think less of me for wearing something that isn't "expensive"... If I like something... I'm not going to pass it b/c of where it came from or how much it cost. Actually I TRY to find look-alikes of expensive things in cheaper stores.... so I can still have what I like, yet not leave myself broke. Which is why I got the bag... I saw a JONES NEW YORK bag in Macy's... came in a light mint green (same as mine) and a light blue-grey... but they were $128 a piece... now I know I won't get much use of colored bags (I usually have all black ones) so I'm not going to spend $250 on bags that I'll only use a few times... the macy's ones even looked like these just w/o pockets (same buckle like straps) so I got the green one... CHEAP! and now I wanna check out some stores for a blue one... have to try Payless (thanks, Tylda!) Every bag I saw in Macy's was pastel... so I'm sure I'll find other pastels elsewhere if thats whats in this Spring. But to sum it up... why spend $300 on something that I'll only wear once a week or only a few times a year... it's rediculous & I'm not a millionaire where I can afford to spend that much on one thing... I'd rather have 100 cheap things that will always be in style... that 3 $500 items!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by destiny yeah sorry, forgot to attach pic
Those are cute! I think I only have one pair of flip-flops... for the beach & for getting pedicures... I really like them, but the thing between the toe annoys me after awhile of clenching my toes to keep em' on! LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thanks guys! I really liked the sandals too - I saw them in the circular in Sunday's paper... so I went on lunch to check them out. They came in white, brown, bright turquois blue & bright pink... and they're actually pretty comfy too! I have flat feet and usually anything with a heel that isn't a little 'platform' in the front has my feet killing me, but these seem to be alright!
I have a few other black sandals, one I got at Walmart last year in PA when we were on vacation & going to dinner & I didn't have shoes... so I picked up a pair and I love em'... slips on w/ a buckle and thick strap near the toes for like $10... These black ones I got because they are so comfy! They are just for everyday bumming around & days at work when I know I'll be on my feet a lot. And although I like nice things, I'm not Paris Hilton & can't afford to shell out $500 on a pair of shoes or $600 on a pair of sunglasses that are made out of the same $10 plastic that you can find at a flea market... so yeah - I'll wear stuff from Kmart, Walmart - and some 'brand name' stuff - Guess, BeBe, etc... whatever I feel something is worth for what it is... And if I find something for $10 that I like.. I'll get it - I could care less if people think less of me for wearing something that isn't "expensive"... If I like something... I'm not going to pass it b/c of where it came from or how much it cost. Actually I TRY to find look-alikes of expensive things in cheaper stores.... so I can still have what I like, yet not leave myself broke. Which is why I got the bag... I saw a JONES NEW YORK bag in Macy's... came in a light mint green (same as mine) and a light blue-grey... but they were $128 a piece... now I know I won't get much use of colored bags (I usually have all black ones) so I'm not going to spend $250 on bags that I'll only use a few times... the macy's ones even looked like these just w/o pockets (same buckle like straps) so I got the green one... CHEAP! and now I wanna check out some stores for a blue one... have to try Payless (thanks, Tylda!) Every bag I saw in Macy's was pastel... so I'm sure I'll find other pastels elsewhere if thats whats in this Spring. But to sum it up... why spend $300 on something that I'll only wear once a week or only a few times a year... it's rediculous & I'm not a millionaire where I can afford to spend that much on one thing... I'd rather have 100 cheap things that will always be in style... that 3 $500 items!
AMEN TO THAT, SISTA!

Reaction score
Cute haul Janelle! I hit up a thrift store today & scored a pair of black Candies clogs, a Gap faux suede/shearling coat (we're in the middle of the strangest windstorm), a BN violet Esprit handbag, 2 navy skirts, 2 t-shirts, a bohemian looking top & a belt for only $40. I'll post photos later.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keaLoha Cute haul Janelle! I hit up a thrift store today & scored a pair of black Candies clogs, a Gap faux suede/shearling coat (we're in the middle of the strangest windstorm), a BN violet Esprit handbag, 2 navy skirts, 2 t-shirts, a bohemian looking top & a belt for only $40. I'll post photos later.
Wow! You made out pretty damn good there!
All that for $40!?!?! That's awesome! Even my Kmart stuff was more than that!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keaLoha I know, I always score like a bandit there.
Just ANOTHER reason I should be in Hawaii!
(Like I really need a reason! LOL)

Reaction score
Cute sandals and bag, Janelle! I really like the white and brown ones.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naturally NICE haul ...our one and only Kmart we have ...is ...well ..VERY SEEDY like ...I hate going in there ..it's dark and creepy! Thanks guys!
And Kim, we have like 4 Kmarts in my area... and they're acutally re-doing all of them to make them kind of look like dept. stores.... nice look - but it took up my whole lunch hour trying to find where they moved everything!! LOL
It used to attract a well... "interesting" crowd of shoppers... but yesterday was just stay-at-home moms and Senior Citizens! LOL So I think I got the harmless day crowd!

Latest posts