Chi vs. Other ceramic hair straightener

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Chi and wouldn't trade it for the world, I have had mine for 4 years nows and it is still going strong.

I just got my maxiglide today and it's awesome! IT REALLY REALLY REALLY works! It takes like 5 minutes to do my hair.

Originally Posted by cmlegend99 I just got my maxiglide today and it's awesome! IT REALLY REALLY REALLY works! It takes like 5 minutes to do my hair. Really? Thats awesome!! I know a lot of people on here were interested in it...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And welcome to Mut! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
redface.gif

Ok, so the Chi it is. Now, why the one inch as opposed to something wider?

(your comments will help me to decide
icon_smile.gif
)

I searched for and decided to bump up this thread because I'm considering buy a ceramic flat iron in the near future.

My hair is thermal reconditioned and I'd use it for when my roots start growing out and become wavy.

Can anyone recommend which Chi and why?

Thanks so much in advance!

Originally Posted by Amethyst Ok, so the Chi it is. Now, why the one inch as opposed to something wider?

(your comments will help me to decide
icon_smile.gif
)

I don't use one often, I have a drugstore cheap one, so I have no idea which to buy. My hairdresser said you need the 1" for doing flips, the wider ones are only for straightening.

I have a Chi ceramic iron it is the one that is preset and has and on and off. I think its 1inch to 2inch. It workt great. I would use a silicon base gel on your hair when you are drying it and dry most of it first then use a ceramic brush and dry the rest that way. Then use the iron. Thats what seems to work the best. It is easier to straighten your hair when its the least curly as possible. So I would by the original chi or if you think that will be to hot and intense for your hair, then buy the one that you can adjust the temperature settings. I bought mine on ebay for a pretty good price. Good luck!

The CHI is amazing!!!!! I have the 1" flat iron as well as the Chi 1 1/2" barrel curling iron. I love them and would recommend highly
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I want a CHI, but I think the 1 inch will take FOREVER on my hair, and all I want to do is straighten, I could care less if it flips. Does CHI make a bigger model? If so, what is it and where can I get one for a decent price?

Originally Posted by nawtylaura http://www.ghds.co.uk/newimages/ghd-classic.jpgi use these hair straighteners. ive had over 5 different sets in the past and i find these are the best ive ever used. GHD proffesional straighteners
icon_smile.gif
I have the same kind, My sister-in-law has one of the Sally Flat irons and hers is doing the same thing that yours is. Only Chi is worth the money and you will save a lot instead of having to keep buy the cheap irons that don't last but a few months. You will save a lot in the long run. I got mine on ebay for $87.99, it is the best and I LOVE IT!! Also, if you ever have any problems with it you can mail them $20.00 for the shipping cost and they will fix it!!

I love my Solia, got it around this time last year FOr $85 from Folica.com and it still works great.

I was just gonna mention the GHDs, are they only available in the UK? I'd never heard of the CHI ones till I saw them mentioned on this site. Has anyone tried them both? which would you say is better? My GHDs have broken 3 times, at least they've still been under the guarantee and I got them replaced but the wait between sets was torture!

I have a wet dry ceramic straightener by babyliss that I got from the hairshow, cost me 35 bucks. and mine turned black also, I think it is becuase of the white finish on the plate it is very delicate so you would have to be careful in cleaning it. but chi is excellent, and also flat irons with tourmaline in them their great too,

My only experience with Chi has always been in the salon, but it's always worked wonders! I still haven't bought one for myself though. I've tried two other brands you can just get in Wally World in the past, and they obviously didn't work well *lol* I recently received a Jilbere flat iron, and it seemed okay for the few test patches I did. I'm going to give it a try sometime soon to see how well it actually works though.

the chi is quite popular. i think it would be a good choice. i've only used a flat iron by conair, but i've been thinking lately that it is time for an UPGRADE.
wink.gif

Back