chinese slippers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
are these only popular in NY?

http://store1.yimg.com/I/asianideas_1841_94032092

i have them in all the colors and i think they're the most comfortable things - EVER. when i first saw them, i was like, uhhh, nice fashion statement, but then i wore my friend's and fell in love! they're $2 (some places, like aldo, charge $10). i wear them to work (waitressing) and it's like i have nothing on my feet (i love being barefoot).

Jennifer, they are very popular here in Texas as well. Saw some in Cleveland, Ohio too while we were there.

I do not have any though.
icon_cry.gif

Need to get me a pair. Don't think I've seen any for $2 around here. Gotta start looking now!
icon_biggrin.gif

i don't live in ny, but they were big last year. i don't know how they are now. i have pink, white, and black. but only wear the black ones because the other two don't fit right.

Originally Posted by Jen Jennifer, they are very popular here in Texas as well. Saw some in Cleveland, Ohio too while we were there.
I do not have any though.
icon_cry.gif

Need to get me a pair. Don't think I've seen any for $2 around here. Gotta start looking now!
icon_biggrin.gif

ebay

OMG!!! Thanks for the link. $3.50!!! What a steal! I'm getting a few pair. Charmaine you are simply the BESTEST!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Check it out at PearlRiver

I've seen girls wear these here in Southern California. I think they are getting more popular.

A girl at work has been wearing them for like 3 years! LOL She got them as a gift during a shopping trip thru Chinatown... now they're so popular! Honestly - I really don't like them too much... they can look cute with the right outfit on some people, but they just remind me of old lady house slippers. *Sorry!* (Hides)
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 A girl at work has been wearing them for like 3 years! LOL She got them as a gift during a shopping trip thru Chinatown... now they're so popular! Honestly - I really don't like them too much... they can look cute with the right outfit on some people, but they just remind me of old lady house slippers. *Sorry!* (Hides)
icon_redface.gif
no, they do! i actually have a pair for outside and then a pair for inside the house (black). they're very old-fashioned. my mom was like, "go in your grandmother's closet and save yourself $2." LOL
my favorite ones are the red ones. i usually wear them with a red top, jeans with a red belt, and then the slippers.

EDIT: i started wearing them 2 years ago, by the way LOL

Not really popular here in Honolulu. I see them @ the stores, but not on many ladies.

I have 3 pairs of these - LOL.
icon_redface.gif

When I first saw them, I thought they were hideous. They really do look like house slippers to me. But damn - are they comfortable! So now, I wear them around the house and if I'm just running local errands in my neighborhood. I also keep them & put them out right after my house has a good cleaning and when people come in, take their shoes off and put these on. Several people I had over visiting me in my house even wanted to keep them
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 A girl at work has been wearing them for like 3 years! LOL She got them as a gift during a shopping trip thru Chinatown... now they're so popular! Honestly - I really don't like them too much... they can look cute with the right outfit on some people, but they just remind me of old lady house slippers. *Sorry!* (Hides)
icon_redface.gif
I agree with you, Janelle. They were big out here 2 years ago, but I've always thought of my grandmother when I see them. I wouldn't even wear them around the house.

Latest posts

Back