Chlorine Damaged Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This semester of school I have been taking a swimming class, so I've spent 3-4 hours per week in a pool since mid-August, and it is absolutely killing my hair.

I have very fine, fragile hair and I get split ends so easily, but never as bad as I have from being in chlorine so much.  Since starting my swimming class, my hair has also been thinning and falling out - which is the worst, since my hair is so naturally thin to begin with.  

I am planning on cutting several inches off my hair next week, because the ends are just so far gone right now.  I was wondering if there is anything else I can to do naturally restore some of the health and thickness to my hair - to get it on the right track to becoming healthy again.

Thanks!

I've had issues with thinning hair in the recent months. It seems to have stopped now though but I'm not sure. My hairdresser recommended biotin. I keep forgetting to take it so it's not really helping. Many people say that biotin should help though but it takes about 2-3 months to really see results from it. My daughter swims also and her hair gets really dry. My hairdresser recommended 12benefits spray conditioner. She said to spray it in the hair before going in the pool and also after. It seems to work well. She uses a swim cap every time she is in the pool but her hair still gets wet under it and gets more dry from the chlorine.

Our family all love swimming. DIL, son, daughter, 2 granddaughters & 1 grandson all have long either curly or straight hair and we all do the following:

1. Wet hair

2. Apply Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil to ends, wrap hair around head tight and don swim cap

3. After swim rinse hair thoroughly with fresh water, wrap hair in towel go home and shampoo, condition, use hair mask and finally apply the argan oil leave in treatment before blow drying or air drying. Seems to work for us

Hum! I think it's happened to many people when go for swimming after using the chlorine at might cause the skin irritaion so it need to be take care of using it..

Latest posts

Back