Christmas shopping for couples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet?? (BTW only 8 weeks away). I started my list, which seems to get longer every year. I need help in figuring out unique gifts to give couples. I have quite a few on my list and instead of getting them individual gifts, I would like to make it easier this year and give one gift to both. If anyone has any ideas please share......

I tend to give Gift Certificates to our "Coupled" friends... Usually for a restaurant, or dinner/movie combo - so they can use it when they want, and if you get a cert. for a movie, or a local place, they can make a night out of it. Seems to work pretty well!

Or you could do theme baskets -

"Movie Night" - Popcorn, one or two dvd's (or a gift card to Blockbuster), some various candies, etc...

"Italian Night" - Jar of Sauce, Bottle of Wine, 2 wine glasses, Box of Imported Pasta, and a CD of Classical or Italian music... etc.

Sometimes just knowing what a couple likes could give you some ideas... A bunch of my friends love the baskets I'll usually put together... it's not very expensive (or it could be, depending on what you put in it! lol) and it's something they could use together that they normally wouldn't think of...

Good luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I swore last year that I wasn't going to leave my X-mas shopping for the last minute but here I'm 8 weeks away and very unorganized. My friend is really organized and starts her shopping way early. She actually shops through out the year so then by the time it's X-mas she is all done. I wanted to model her way but I'm not that organized. I've got a couple of things for our son but that's it. I need to get going so I won't be stressed out about it right before X-mas. Doing a list like you did is a great idea. I need to do that. As far as couples go, maybe some movie or movie rental tickets if they are movie goers? something that they could enjoy together or if there is a sport or a hobby that the couple likes to do together then maybe something to do with that. They are not too unique ideas though.

I did everything early last year... but unfortunatly - I pretty much haven't even started yet!!! Last year I just picked up one or two things a week starting in like Aug. or September... and just put them away- so I didn't leave myself broke, and then by Xmas time, I had tons of stuff...(half of the things I totally forgot i even bought! lol) and I still had $$ too! But ... of course, this year is a different story! LOL

I've managed to get a few things done, mostly gifts for our youngest daughter, she loves clothing from Delias so I give her a catalog and let het pick out some things. My oldest daughter works night shift and sleeps during the day so it's a little tougher shopping for her, we will probably end up at Bed, Bath & Beyond the day before Christmas again, like last year
icon_rolleyes.gif
. She loves getting stuff for her house. Hubby and I usually wait until a couple days after Christmas when things have slowed down to shop for each other, we maybe go out for a nice dinner and then hit the sales. I agree with Angel about the gifts for couples, with a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant or tickets to a movie, you can't go wrong.

I think the DVD/movie idea is great. My husband and I are starting our DVD collection, and it's greatly appreciated whenever we get a new one.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what I'm getting or making for anyone. I'm learning o crochet, but doubt I'll know enough in time to make scarves or hats for anyone. I have a few ideas for what I might get for my husband, but I don't even really have any major wants for my wishlist. Maybe a few movies, a batch of lipbalms from MyLipStuff.com, a few of the new Bonne Bell holiday collection glosses...oh, and a few books. But it seems that ever since I got married, all those material gifts don't hold as much importance for me. I'm happy to have my darling of a hubby, and that's a gift enough for me.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by naturally How about a "Lover's Spa" kit ...you could get a basket and fill it with some ..FUN bathing things ...if they like to do that ....or Massage oils, lotions, candle, bottle of wine! Even put some chocolates or so forth in there! That way it's something they can use/do together! that's unique! lol Good idea!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My daughter loves Delias too!

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 I've managed to get a few things done, mostly gifts for our youngest daughter, she loves clothing from Delias so I give her a catalog and let het pick out some things. My oldest daughter works night shift and sleeps during the day so it's a little tougher shopping for her, we will probably end up at Bed, Bath & Beyond the day before Christmas again, like last year
icon_rolleyes.gif
. She loves getting stuff for her house. Hubby and I usually wait until a couple days after Christmas when things have slowed down to shop for each other, we maybe go out for a nice dinner and then hit the sales. I agree with Angel about the gifts for couples, with a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant or tickets to a movie, you can't go wrong.

Great ideas guys, thanks.

I think I'm gonna combine the gift certificates, with the baskets and DVD ideas.

I'm think I may get started this weekend.

Since i absolutley love shopping i started my Christmas shopping whenever i see something that i know a person will love and it just seems right for them. In the case of couples i always try to think of something nice that they both would like and can use. I would pick something really useful that they could enjoy like an expensive bottle of wine, a CD/Movie and a little personal thing for the female, usually something like bath products or a nail kit with nice polish's etc. It really depends on the couple and their personalities.

Usually for a man, like my bf's Uncle, i will buy him something from qvc for his computer.

Oh Candy !

I absolutely hate shopping and i have told all my relatives that im agoraphobic and anti capitalist. They all think im nuts anyway and last year i had no presents. It didnt bother me because i still cooked for everyone and made a special day of it for them. I lost my daddy last year and split with my husband all in 2 months and so didnt feel like bothering with it all but i made the best of the day for my daughter.

This year , we are going to make Christmas day very special and we are all going to give each other little gifts that dont cost much. Thanks to god, i have met a lovely chap who is a great cook and has got twin daughters that are my daughters age and they get on really well so fingers crossed.

Im going to put my feet up, watch the choirs and let my new b friend cook us all a nice lunch. His ex wife and mother have all got him well trained in the kitchen.

xxxxxxxxx

That's what its all about Donna!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It seems everyone (well here in the US anyway) is all about the big flashy EXPENSIVE gifts... and honestly, it stinks that its gotten to be that way. Personally, I think what makes a gift special really is about the thought. Yeah, some expensive jewelry or a new computer or something along the lines is nice... but it's a 'general' gift. A 'one size fits all' present - so to speak. I think the best gifts I've ever gotten were the ones where someone took the time to learn what I like, what I collect, or what I'm interested in. Especially if I talk about something in June, and there it is at Xmas... something that shows someone listened & cared is the best gift!

Latest posts

Back