Circular Swap - Who's in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thinking out loud, rules wise:

Everyone must be willing to pay for the shipping of the box to the next person (I hope that was assumed?), with tracking and you must communicate with the group (box arrive, shipping, tracking number, what you took, what you added etc., etc.) that not only helps everyone keep and eye on things but keeps things fun! 

Also I think it would be a good idea:

Post as soon as you get the box. 

Send it on within 5 days, taking longer than 5 days (without any communication with the group will probably result in being excluded from future swaps)

PM the next one to get the box with tracking number (again no tracking number could result in being excluded in the future)

Post at least one picture of items you're taking and and one picture of the items you're adding.

Also, thoughts about used/swatched items?  Perhaps we can put a secure post-it note on items that have been used/opened or swatched, if you're including?  I'm generally ok with used items but, I realize not everyone is comfortable with it.

Count me in!  I meant to say that I was not interested in masks but am definitely interested in an everything else swap!  I am fine with the dates and also with lightly swatched items if they are clearly marked.

Just thinking out loud, rules wise:

Everyone must be willing to pay for the shipping of the box to the next person (I hope that was assumed?), with tracking and you must communicate with the group (box arrive, shipping, tracking number, what you took, what you added etc., etc.) that not only helps everyone keep and eye on things but keeps things fun! 

Also I think it would be a good idea:

Post as soon as you get the box. 

Send it on within 5 days, taking longer than 5 days (without any communication with the group will probably result in being excluded from future swaps)

PM the next one to get the box with tracking number (again no tracking number could result in being excluded in the future)

Post at least one picture of items you're taking and and one picture of the items you're adding.

Also, thoughts about used/swatched items?  Perhaps we can put a secure post-it note on items that have been used/opened or swatched, if you're including?  I'm generally ok with used items but, I realize not everyone is comfortable with it.
@@Bizgirlva These are excellent points and let's stick with these rules. Thanks for posting!! For the gently used/opened or swatched things, let's put those separate in a zip lock bag with a post-it note stating they have been used.

@@Bizgirlva These are excellent points and let's stick with these rules. Thanks for posting!! For the gently used/opened or swatched things, let's put those separate in a zip lock bag with a post-it note stating they have been used.
Good idea that keeps things nice and organized too!

Are we sticking to only full size items? What about deluxe size? I've never really looked into circular swaps before but I'm interested in what sort of items can be included.

Are we sticking to only full size items? What about deluxe size? I've never really looked into circular swaps before but I'm interested in what sort of items can be included.
I was thinking of mainly doing sample size but maybe a few full-size items can be included depending on what you have available and want to put in. I know I have full size items and I was going to put one or more in. Not quite sure yet. I guess the gentle used items probably are more full size than samples if you wish to include any. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely have full size items, off the top of my head I have the Pacifica palette from Popsugar that I'd add. I bought that palette last year so I'd rather someone else be able to use the extra. I also have an unused Cargo blush, just without the box.

Yep I have some full size items I'm planning to include. Not too many mostly will be samples. 

I would say that if you have a full size item(s) you wish to include you are welcome to but it's not a requirement since this one is mostly samples this time.

My only concern with including full size items rather than samples would be the shipping weight.  This sounds fun but shipping costs might prohibit me from being able to participate (I'm trying to follow my budget to a T going forward and it's KILLING ME). 

Hi, I'm confused as to how this works. If there are multiple items and you get to choose then does that mean the first person has to put several items in? If there are multiple items, then I agree shipping might be an issue. Or is it only one item and you get whatever the last person put in the box?

Hi, I'm confused as to how this works. If there are multiple items and you get to choose then does that mean the first person has to put several items in? If there are multiple items, then I agree shipping might be an issue. Or is it only one item and you get whatever the last person put in the box?
It's multiple items, consisting of mostly samples. The idea is you would take about as much as you would put in so shipping weight shouldn't change that drastically. Even if someone puts in a full size item, say someone adds a full size but takes 2-3 samples, the weight should equal out, I would think.

So Reija will start the box and put in her samples/items then ship it to the next person, the receiver takes what they want and adds from their stash, ships the box and so on and so on.  

Honestly I have one, maybe two full size items I was going to include. And I'm making goodie sample bags for my sister's up coming wedding for the bachelorette party so I'm def on the hunt for all sorts of things.

Honestly I don't think the box would cost more than $15 to ship and that's including tracking.

Priority mail medium size flat rate box is $12.65 to ship.
This has worked well with other circular swaps I have done.  I did one recently with a lot of full sized items in it, but because it all fit in the flat rate box, it was $12.65.  Sometimes it takes some box tetris action to fit it all in, but if it fits, it ships!

Lord I could start a box myself I have a ton of things I need to do something with, as I"m not going to use. I have overloaded my family and friends, even my hairdresser! I have enough mascara, skincare, hair care and nail polish that I could gift all the women I work with and still have stuff left over. Hey...that's a thought as Christmas is coming up  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a range of full size, deluxe and sample size products. I think the idea of putting in roughly the same as you take out, as far as weight, is a good idea. I also like the idea of taking pictures of what you take out and what you put in, so everyone knows. Plus I love to see what everyone else is trying, I think that's as much fun as picking something out myself!

Thanks again Reija! And if you need any stock to start the box off, just PM me, glad to help. 

Back