Circular Swap - Who's in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm already having fun going throw my stash for things to add! I love the idea of the pictures too. It will be fun to see what goes in the box.

Hmm... So I've already set aside an eye shadow palette I bought just cause it was half price, a couple of full size skin care items, some eye shadow singles, lip liner minis, lip gloss.

Are we doing makeup and skin care??

I'm already having fun going throw my stash for things to add! I love the idea of the pictures too. It will be fun to see what goes in the box.

Hmm... So I've already set aside an eye shadow palette I bought just cause it was half price, a couple of full size skin care items, some eye shadow singles, lip liner minis, lip gloss.

Are we doing makeup and skin care??
Yep! Throw it all in, hair care, skin, makeup, small accessories (hair ties, nail files, cosmetic bags (although I'd caution about throwing too many ipsy bags in there since we all probably have a ton of them) etc.)

We decided against nail polish and perfumes since USPS has restrictions on shipping those, so leave those out. Also, make sure any used or swatched items are clearly marked and in their own baggie.  

Thanks again Reija! And if you need any stock to start the box off, just PM me, glad to help. 
 Thanks for the offer! I think I have enough to start. Had I not pruned my things a while back, I would have way more but I still have plenty of stuff and more coming in various sub boxes. Maybe you can be the starter next time. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Thanks for the offer! I think I have enough to start. Had I not pruned my things a while back, I would have way more but I still have plenty of stuff and more coming in various sub boxes. Maybe you can be the starter next time. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I figured being a sub box expert you would have a nice stash to start us out with. I'd be happy to do it next time, anything to reduce my own stash. Even my husband is beginning to think I'm a hoarder, and I'm really not! I will wait until after the swap but will probably be taking some stuff to my local women's shelter, they are always tickled to get new beauty items. I also bring stuff to my hairdresser, and she sets a basket out for the women to just take whatever they want. 

I also had fun going through my stash and pulling out items for this swap, I think this will be so much fun! Thanks for starting this Reija!

I just started going through my stuff and putting it in the medium size box. Yes definitely don't need help filling it up. :lol: I'm having to figure out how to get it all in and leave room for others. Box tetris for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started going through my stuff and putting it in the medium size box. Yes definitely don't need help filling it up. :lol: I'm having to figure out how to get it all in and leave room for others. Box tetris for sure!
 I wouldn't worry too much about leaving room for others since they will be taking stuff out. 

Ok, no problem. I'll draw the names and post them in a little bit. I'll do it the old fashion way by putting names on a pieces of paper and choosing them one by one. I'll make a post with the name order as soon as I'm done with the draw.

Thank you all who signed up! Here is the order based on the draw:

@@LadyGordon

@@Bizgirlva

@@dotybird

@@lauradiniwilk

@@Pixels

@@MissKris17

@@button6004

@@mrscollinsbaby7

@@cpl100

@@mirandamanda

So everyone will have 5 days (including Saturdays) to view the box, take what they want out and put new items in. Everyone needs to take pictures of the box when they receive it and to show what was taken out and what was put in so everyone can see. Once you receive the box (or a head of time) PM the person next in line for their address so we can keep the box moving. It's going to be fun!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so excited, this is going to be such fun! I'm going to really enjoy seeing what everyone takes out and then puts back in. Thanks Reija for all you've done setting this up, you're awesome! 

Can we all like Reija's post above with the order so everyone is in agreement?

I know not everyone is super active on the threads so want to make sure everyone sees that post/order and had a general idea when their turn is coming? Or maybe we email the order to everyone?

Oh also I think sending the box earlier than five days is acceptable, I know everyone will be waiting, 5 days is the max you can have the box. If you're a fast decision maker and want to send it on in three, awesome!

Wheee I'm closer to the front I better start pulling items to include. Omgosh so excited!!

Can we all like Reija's post above with the order so everyone is in agreement?

I know not everyone is super active on the threads so want to make sure everyone sees that post/order and had a general idea when their turn is coming? Or maybe we email the order to everyone?

Oh also I think sending the box earlier than five days is acceptable, I know everyone will be waiting, 5 days is the max you can have the box. If you're a fast decision maker and want to send it on in three, awesome!

Wheee I'm closer to the front I better start pulling items to include. Omgosh so excited!!
Good idea that everyone on the list agree to it before we begin ( I liked the post). Also agree that 5 days should be the maximum time before mailing the box. 

I'm super excited! Mostly I'm trying to come up with fun different things to contribute, not just sub box rejects (although some of those may be included) because many of us might have the same items. I really want to add things that you guys are going to like. 

Can't figure out how to quote using my tablet---odd! I did a quick calculation and this should put me at a perfect time between two little jaunts out of town. So looking forward to this as I have SO much stuff!

Back