Clean and Clear

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently tried using Dermalogica face wash, and it was fine, no complaints. But before that I used Clean and Clear face wash and was just as happy. (Especially about the difference in price) Now I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub and the blackhead scrub in the morning, and just the blackhead scrub at night. Can I guarantee that to take off my makeup? Or should I use Stridex after washing my face at night?

Originally Posted by freetshirt I recently tried using Dermalogica face wash, and it was fine, no complaints. But before that I used Clean and Clear face wash and was just as happy. (Especially about the difference in price) Now I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub and the blackhead scrub in the morning, and just the blackhead scrub at night. Can I guarantee that to take off my makeup? Or should I use Stridex after washing my face at night? Hi freetshirt,I like Clean and Clear too. I use the sensitive skin liquid facial soap. I find that between the cleanser and exfoliating (do not exfoliate every day - can be irritating) that my skin is clean and pimple free without using any harsh chemicals.

Unless your skin is SUPREMELY oil prone, i would not use a harsh chemical on it like Stridex! If you strip your skin of too much natural oil, it will produce more oil to compensate. Therefore, you will end up with the very problem that you were trying to counteract.

If you are really concerned with getting your face as clean as possible, without stripping all of the natural oils which enhance it, try an alcohol-free toner as the last step in your skincare routine.

I like Neutrogena toners and L'Oreal alcohol free ones that are OTC at drugstores.

Check these out as well:

200.jpg

Neutrogena® Alcohol-Free toner is specially formulated to provide clean, refreshing toning without the harsh, drying effects of alcohol. Special mild purifiers gently remove impurities and recondition your skin. And because it is alcohol-free, this formula will not strip delicate facial skin of its own natural moisturizers. Your skin will feel fresh and clean without tightness, dryness or stinging.

200.jpg

Gently refreshes skin with no tightness or dryness.

[*]Alcohol-Free

[*]Oil-Free

[*]Noncomedogenic

[*]Hypoallergenic

I've been using all the Neutrogena products and they have been working well with my combination skin.

Latest posts

Back