Cleaning Makeup Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use baby bath lotion, tea tree cleanser (a gentle one, anti bacterial and removes oils)

im not really sure to be honest as im still new to makeup

I'm sure I don't clean them nearly as often as I should. I usually clean at least a couple whenever I spot a thread about brush cleaning, but I feel like I don't use so many of them enough to warrant a regular cleaning.

I probably end up cleaning mine once a month, but it should be more. I use Suave Clarifying Shampoo to clean and sometimes just antibacterial soap. I've noticed with the Suave I only have to wash once, it removes the makeup really well

I'm naughty. I only clean my makeup brushes about once a month. I really do need to be better about that.

i wash my brushes with shampoo under warm running water after 2 applications and let dry laying flat on a towel (what a mac sa taught me a few years ago)

i have a couple sets of brushes to alternate

What is the best way to clean your make-up brushes. Just water doesn't seem to be enough to clean everything. I've tried it but I'm sure that there are still small make-up particles accumulating...yuck~!

I wash mine once a week with a mild shampoo in the bathroom sink, rinse ,and lay flat to dry. In between I use a spray brush cleaner from Lise Watier to clean them between uses or when I use different makeup colors.

I saw Sonia Kashuk on the Rachael Ray show this week and she said she cleans her brushes with whatever soap is at her kitchen sink and then lays them flat to dry.

I totally need to get better at brush cleaning. *guilty*
tocktock.gif

Face brushes at least every two days with MAC brush cleaner. Eye and lip brushes daily with MAC brush cleaner-depending if I plan not to use the same colors the next day.

i try to do it every night if i've used the brush(es).

i use baby shampoo for deep cleaning and brush-off for in between (to get rid of the colors if i wanna use the brush for another right then and there).

Back