Cleaning Makeup Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How often do you clean your makeup brushes? I'm trying to get in the habit of cleaning mine once a week, on the same day. Still working on that though! And what do you use to clean them? I've been using MAC Brush Cleanser, which works well. I'm also curious about Cat Cosmetics brush cleanser though, since you can spray it on. Anyone tried this?

I clean mine once a week although I should probably do it more.Never tried the Cat cleaner but I get great results w/ J&J Head to Toe wash

I don't use a brush cleanser to clean mine and I'm bad at not cleaning them often enough. I clean mine about every couple of weeks and I just use an antibacterial soap. I've been wanting to try a brush cleanser though but I'm not sure if they are really worth it.

I use a tiny drop of fairy liquid and swirl the brushes in the warm soapy water quickly, but never soak the brushes to prevent the bristles falling out. Some beauty therapists sterilise their brushes by using the light from a sunbed. So i have ben told.

I clean mine once every 2 weeks or so. I use shampoo, thats all. The brush cleansers are not necessary in my opinion. Originally Posted by alittleweirdo How often do you clean your makeup brushes? I'm trying to get in the habit of cleaning mine once a week, on the same day. Still working on that though! And what do you use to clean them? I've been using MAC Brush Cleanser, which works well. I'm also curious about Cat Cosmetics brush cleanser though, since you can spray it on. Anyone tried this?

What is Fairy liquid?

Originally Posted by candy I use a tiny drop of fairy liquid and swirl the brushes in the warm soapy water quickly, but never soak the brushes to prevent the bristles falling out. Some beauty therapists sterilise their brushes by using the light from a sunbed. So i have ben told.

Fairy Liquid is the creme de la creme of washing up liquid which is famous over here (Uk) for baby soft hands and bubbles. It is also used to wash woollens as it is so delicate.It is a mild green (Fairy) liquid.

How often do you clean your makeup brushes? At least once a week. Sometimes more. It varies from brush to brush.

And what do you use to clean them? Trish McEvoy Brush Bath.

I'm also curious about Cat Cosmetics brush cleanser though, since you can spray it on. Anyone tried this? I haven't.

I clean my brushes at least once a week, depending on my use of the brushes and I've never used any brush cleaners before, just shampoo

i clean my shadow and liner brushes after each use with the mac brush cleaner. my foundation brush i clean everyday and a mild liquid soap. my powder brushes get cleaned weekly with a combo the the above. first the liquid soap then the mac cleaner. let them dry overnight.

I clean mine once per week using BE brush cleanser and I use Sephora Instant wipe away as a backup in case the brushes get very dirty in the middle of the week and I need to use them right away.

Originally Posted by KathrynNicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif How often do you clean your makeup brushes? At least once a week. Sometimes more. It varies from brush to brush.
And what do you use to clean them? Trish McEvoy Brush Bath.

I'm also curious about Cat Cosmetics brush cleanser though, since you can spray it on. Anyone tried this? I haven't.

I haven't used the Cat Cosmetics brush cleaner but I hear that it supposed to smell like vanilla.

Every sunday for me
smile.gif

i use antibacterial soap on my kabuki's and foundation brush then condition them about every couple of days!for eye brushes i use baby shampoo w/ conditioner & clean them every other week or so, i have a good amount of brushes , so it take mes like 30 mins to wash them.

personal brushes havent been cleaned properly in forever. professinal brushes, after each use pretty much, or at least between clients

i try to clean my brushes once a week, it depeneds on which brush and how often i use em. for ex. i clean my foundation brush more often then my eyeshadow brush. oh, and i use MAC's brush cleaner

I use Cinema Secrets brush cleaner. It smells great and is anibacterial. I use this because i clan my brushes between clients. If it was just me using them I would just use baby shamoo.

A few times a week.

And I have a great tip for drying!

When I've washed and dried them a bit with a towel, I put a hair elastic around the handle (I'm mainly talking for kabukis), and I hang it up on my window handle.

That way I can make the hair point downwards, while drying
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back