Color Adjusting Foundations...rants/raves?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So many lines seem to be jumping on this bandwagon...Max Factor, Covergirl, Loreal, and I've heard Lancome. I've been tempted to try them but still sourta iffy. Anybody tried them? Post up your experiences, rants, raves, ect.

The only one I've tried is the one by Avon and it was horrible.Most of the shades claimed to be neutral which I found NOT to be the case.Most were too pink/peach..Yuck

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa So many lines seem to be jumping on this bandwagon...Max Factor, Covergirl, Loreal, and I've heard Lancome. I've been tempted to try them but still sourta iffy. Anybody tried them? Post up your experiences, rants, raves, ect.

I haven't tried any of them yet, not sure that I will. It seems a little gimmicky to me. I'll wait to hear more about it. Originally Posted by Mz LaLa So many lines seem to be jumping on this bandwagon...Max Factor, Covergirl, Loreal, and I've heard Lancome. I've been tempted to try them but still sourta iffy. Anybody tried them? Post up your experiences, rants, raves, ect.

I haven't tried these either but would like to. Maybe next time I'm at Target I'll check them out.

I've heard a few raves for them here and there, which is what made me wanna ask you girls if you've heard anything. Unfortuantly I've heard that most of their finishes are powdery leaning towards matte..which makes me think they wouldn't work for my dry skin type anyways.

Right, I heard the same. Wouldn't work for me either at least not during the winter. Originally Posted by Mz LaLa I've heard a few raves for them here and there, which is what made me wanna ask you girls if you've heard anything. Unfortuantly I've heard that most of their finishes are powdery leaning towards matte..which makes me think they wouldn't work for my dry skin type anyways.

I went to Target today and looked at these foundations but didn't end up buying one because the colors looked funky. Maybe they are suppose to be like that since they are suppose to be self-adjusting.

^^I've noticed that. Accept the Loreal one seems to have quite the selection of different shades. My Kmart has a huge thing set up with a lighted mirror (lol) and samples of all the colors, I'm tempted to try but the samples aren't sanitary and I don't wanna put stuff on my face that other people's fingers have been in. Yuck.

I used Nivea Visage tinted moisturiser, and loved it. It says that the color will adjust to your skintone but i didnt find that to be totally true. Even so i loved the creamy texture and the healthy glow it gave. I am sure it could have been mistaken for one of the more expensive founations,it is so nice. There are 2 shades, a 'normal' shade and a 'bronze' shade. The bronze one is good for if you are using fake tan and need a make up to match. You can apply more for a thicker coverage if needed. Which reminds me, i really need to get more of that as it was so versatile and i always used it. It keeps my skin well moisturised in this cold weather.

Latest posts

Back