Comcast faux-pa - MUST READ!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You can't make this up.

A customer service representative for Comcast was tired of receiving repeated calls and complaints from LaChania Govan of Elgin, Illinois. When LaChania received her next cable bill, she found a little surprise. Comcast had changed her account name to "witch DOG."

LaChania didn't just get mad. She went public. Huge stories appeared in the Chicago Tribune, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and others. Bloggers jumped all over the story, too. Within six hours, there were already 39 blog posts and over 16,000 links referencing the story. In an even more ironic twist of fate, Comcast was Technorati's lead advertiser when searching for "witch dog" and "Comcast" (one has to wonder how much this hurts them?)

THE LESSON: Customers have a voice now.

Click here to follow the ongoing blogger reaction:

http://www.technorati.com/search/%22...g%22%20comcast

Read the full article here.

Originally Posted by Marisol I heard about this on Friday. Sucks for Comcast. I totally missed it. It's been hectic working 2 jobs. Any spare time I've got has been going to my son. I can't imagine what important news I might miss. I guess that's what I could do when I'm surfing the web (or should I say MuT).

I heard it on my way to work on the radio. The radio station that I listen to has a segment called "Stupid People" and this was one of the stories that they read. I used to be an avid newspaper reader but the news lately are so awful that sometimes ignorance is bliss. Sometimes just seeing what made the front page of Yahoo is enough for me.

i'll take the unpopular position on this one... customer service is hard period and it takes an extremely patient person to deliver great customer service day in and day out... but it's their job and they're expected to be GREAT... BUT, some customers are begging to be put in their place or at least they deserve to be humbled due to the way that they treat CSRs... now Comcast could have prevented this from happening if they had good QA agents and better CS training, but sometimes customers need to take responsibilty for situations that they help create...

Originally Posted by QurlySq i'll take the unpopular position on this one... customer service is hard period and it takes an extremely patient person to deliver great customer service day in and day out... but it's their job and they're expected to be GREAT... BUT, some customers are begging to be put in their place or at least they deserve to be humbled due to the way that they treat CSRs... now Comcast could have prevented this from happening if they had good QA agents and better CS training, but sometimes customers need to take responsibilty for situations that they help create... I agree.

Wow, that is unbelievable. I agree that customers can push you over the edge sometimes and be a little too assertive when it comes to complaining, however, there is NO reason comcast should have gone to the length that they did. That is immature and apparently they were never taught common courtesy.

My mom works for a cable company and she is the ONLY person that answers the phones there so she deals with everything. I have been at her work numerous times and seen firsthand the kind of people she deals with. You wouldn't believe that people would act the ways they do. But she remains to keep her cool while continuously being cussed out and called names over and over and over. Not saying she doesn't step outside and scream her head off every now and then, but when she is dealing with a customer she remains as chilled as possible. Which a good CSR would do.

Latest posts

Back