comfy heels

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will this be impossible to find??

I think I need to invest in some quality shoes, since my feet have been killing me! I work at MAC, so the shoes have to be black & since the counter is at Nordstroms, they have to be "professional" (ie: no thong strap, even on a pair of heels). Can anyone recommend brands that make comfortable heels/platforms that would be appropriate for my line of work?

I recently got a pair of gauchos & know that since I'm only 5ft2, I need to wear 'em with heels! I'm looking for something with a rounded toe, rather than pointy (don't like that trend very much!).

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Will this be impossible to find??
I think I need to invest in some quality shoes, since my feet have been killing me! I work at MAC, so the shoes have to be black & since the counter is at Nordstroms, they have to be "professional" (ie: no thong strap, even on a pair of heels). Can anyone recommend brands that make comfortable heels/platforms that would be appropriate for my line of work?

I recently got a pair of gauchos & know that since I'm only 5ft2, I need to wear 'em with heels! I'm looking for something with a rounded toe, rather than pointy (don't like that trend very much!).

Any suggestions?

TIA!

I have some Steve Madden boots that are platform/heels that are really comfy (because the bottoms are rubbery, not hard) and the toes are kinda squared w/ rounded edges, & kinda stick out more where your big toe is - if you know what I mean... (kinda looks like Gumby's head! LOL) but they are really cute, yet don't kill my flat feet at the end of the day!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Let's see...I'm the queen of heels, but I like em high! Via Spiga isn't too out there with the prices and I've always found them to be pretty comfortable. An old coworker of mine used to love Enzo Angelini(?however it's spelled) and Nine West, I don't know about either one of them cuz they're usually too low of a heel for me. I used to have some Aldo shoes that were pretty comfy too.I'm trying to only name ones that fall in a decent price range cuz most of the shoes I own now are pretty pricey

If you go for a thicker heel or one with more of a platform style, they'll be much more comfortable than the kind I prefer.(I like stillettos, just not the stripper kind) Wedges are great too

2nd Via Spiga & add Charles David. For now though, I'd do an espadrille until you can find a comfy heel that you like.

steve madden has some round toe shoes. you can check out ebay or zappos for ones that are a few seasons old. some of them have a shorter heel too, so you're not totally ont he balls of your feet.

check otu some ballet flats or pointy flats that are mac-ish. hehe.

wedges would be good too since the weight is kind of distributed across the wedge.

I'm in the same predicament. I used to wear 4 inch heels back when I was in high school (loong time ago). Ruined my feet and now I can't go higher than 2 or 2.5 inches or I'm in major PAIN. I've got the bunions to show for my past shoe attire too.

Comfortable, yet stylish office shoes are hard for me to find. I don't want to look frumpy but spike heels aren't professional or practical for a corporate office environment.

HELP!!!

I always find that nine west shoes are quite comfy. They seem to get the balance right so that I can wear their heels without killing my feet (and I stand up all day because I'm a teacher). The price is always reasonable too.

check out shoes that have like rubber soles. that helps a little.

Latest posts

Back