Comptoir Sud de Pacifique Fragrances

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are the perfumes that come in the aluminum spray bottle and you can get them at Sephora. Most of them are vanilla based. I love this stuff. I haven't "smelled" the entire line but the ones I have smell delicious.

I have: Vanille Coco, Vanille Abricot, Matin Calin (the spelling is off) and Aloha Tiare.

Does anyone else have these or tried them ?

one of my absolute favorite fragrances is CSP vanille ambre. i dont know if it was LE or what, but its no longer on sephora, and i need to get some more. even if youre not a big fan of amber, its worth trying out. vanilla can sometimes be cloying, but their mix of the two is warm and sweet and just yummy. its definitely a foody scent, but its very sophisticated.

i was hoping to find something great in vanille banane, but all i smelled was vanilla. no hint of banana. i found this one really boring.

im on the fence about amor de cacao. i got a sample spray vial, and im entertianing the idea of getting the small sized travel spray from sephora. i like it, but i dont know if i like it enough to invest. it doesnt last for long on me. its choc with some vanilla. its simple but realyl pleasant. it might be too foody for some.

ive tried vanille canelle, and i just cant get with it. it smells like a burnt cannoli or something. i just dont care for canelle scents.

Funny how our noses differ. I noticed the Banana scent in Vanille Banane immediately. But then I found more cocoa in Amor de Coco than I did in Vanille Coco. Vanille Abricot is very nice and Aloha Tiare reminds me both of Fracas and Bobbi Brown's Beach Fragrance. Smells like sun and sand
icon_cool.gif

i have a sample of BB beach, and i thought it was ok. nice enough, but not something i care for enough to get more.

i have been dying to try fracas, though.

Halo,

Hey.. I've been dying to smell BB Beach, but nobody around here carries it that I've found. I wonder if you'd be willing to spray some on a piece of paper or something and send it to me? lol! I want to know if I'd like it well enough to buy it. This is a silly request, isn't it? Oh well, never hurts to ask!
biggrin.gif
If you don't want to mess with it, that's fine... Thanks either way!
wink.gif

aww, melzie, im sorry, but ive since swapped away my vial. i added it in as a surprise extra in a swap where the girl was dying to try it.
frown.gif

if its any consolation, its not that great. lol. its just your standard tropical beachy scent. not too floral, with a hint of sun tan lotion.

Originally Posted by melzie_fire Halo,
Hey.. I've been dying to smell BB Beach, but nobody around here carries it that I've found. I wonder if you'd be willing to spray some on a piece of paper or something and send it to me? lol! I want to know if I'd like it well enough to buy it. This is a silly request, isn't it? Oh well, never hurts to ask!
biggrin.gif
If you don't want to mess with it, that's fine... Thanks either way!
wink.gif

I love Aloha Tiare. Another beachy scent is Instant Vacation by Mark. It's a great scent for only $15, and I'd consider it a good alternative to the more expensive Aloha Tiare.

Hey Halo - thanks for the response! No biggie! Ah, I guess I won't try it, then. I will take your word that it isn't that great, hehe! Have you smelled Miami Glow? Lots of girls are saying it is pretty "coconutty" so I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and ordering it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse aww, melzie, im sorry, but ive since swapped away my vial. i added it in as a surprise extra in a swap where the girl was dying to try it.
frown.gif

if its any consolation, its not that great. lol. its just your standard tropical beachy scent. not too floral, with a hint of sun tan lotion.

Originally Posted by melzie_fire Hey Halo - thanks for the response! No biggie! Ah, I guess I won't try it, then. I will take your word that it isn't that great, hehe! Have you smelled Miami Glow? Lots of girls are saying it is pretty "coconutty" so I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and ordering it.
smile.gif
i was going to mention miami glow, but i thought better of it since i dont really like it either! lol. the original glow is ok. not unpleasant to me, but i dont really like clean scents. miami glow has that glow-y base scent with tun tan lotion, pineapple, coconut, etc. its nice upon first spray, but when it dries down, it has this musky accord that i swear smells too much like bo.
i would *really* suggest trying this one out before you order it. then again, scent is so personal and you might really love it and not smell this bo thing it has going on. all the girls i work with can smell it, though.

I have:

O'Pomelo (was called Pamplemousse) - tart grapefruit)

Vanille Cafe (now called Vanille Moka)

Sable (long d/c'ed)

Amour de Cacao (A must-try for Chocolate lovers)

Coeur du Raisin (now called Princesse Muscat)

Mora Bella (was called Fruit Sauvage) - sweet and fruity - LOVELY!

Vanille Amande (The best!)

I have tried most of the line and am "lemming":

Matin Cailin (the old Lait Sucre)

the OLD Les Enfants du Soleil (people say the new Coeur de Vahine is similar - what do you think?)

I can offer reviews and advice to new CSP fans.

LOL I did go ahead and order the Miami Glow before seeing your response. I have to say, when I first smelled it, I thought WTH?! I really didn't like it. I've used it a few times since, spraying it on very lightly, and it's OK. It is quite musky, which surprised me.. It also doesn't smell as coconutty as I hoped.
icon_frown.gif
Oh well. I'm trying to use it a bit but I dunno, this one may eventually go up for swap. I'm hoping it will grow on me more, but I doubt it. This definitely will NOT be one of my faves! LOL

I also ordered Demeter's Summer Vacation (I think? the LE one?) and I was surprised by how much I didn't like it as well. Ha.
frown.gif
I don't know, it *almost* smells like suntan lotion, but it's off somehow, and not in a good way. It was the first Demeter I bought, too. If they really only last for a short time, I don't think I'll try the others.
icon_confused.gif

On the other hand, I also got Escada Rockin' Rio, which has a heavy grapefruit smell, IMO, and I didn't think I'd like it since I've never been into grapefruit that much, but I really like it a lot! I don't care if it's "trendy" or whatever, lol, I like the smell so I'm pleased I have at least one "score" so far.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse i was going to mention miami glow, but i thought better of it since i dont really like it either! lol. the original glow is ok. not unpleasant to me, but i dont really like clean scents. miami glow has that glow-y base scent with tun tan lotion, pineapple, coconut, etc. its nice upon first spray, but when it dries down, it has this musky accord that i swear smells too much like bo.
i would *really* suggest trying this one out before you order it. then again, scent is so personal and you might really love it and not smell this bo thing it has going on. all the girls i work with can smell it, though.

Fragrance is all a personal matter. But so far, I haven't smelled one CSP fragrance that I haven't liked.

Matin Calin makes me wish for Creme Brulee - I swear!
icon_eek.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back