Cosmetics Cop -- boo!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this online and discovered that I have committed a horrible cosmetic crime today by wearing green eyeshadow (gasp!).
icon_eek.gif

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/ar...R=MAKEUP&ID=36

Make-up is not only to cover up blemishes and accentuate your natural beauty but can also be a reflection of your personality, mood and creative impulses.

Granted, Cosmeticscop.com has some good advice, but I hate "one-size-fits-all" philosophies when it comes to make-up.

The operative word in most of her rules is "should". Her rules are only suggestions, some of which are common sense and helpful to the makeup consumer. You can certainly take the advice or leave it. Her information I find is extremely helpful and has saved me a ton of money.

"Foundation should match the skin exactly so there are no lines of demarcation."

I should show this to a woman I saw at CVS this weekend. She was white, but was wearing ORANGE foundation... and I mean ORANGE.... MUPPET ORANGE! Ugh... my friend and I just looked at each other and tried not to laugh.
icon_rolleyes.gif
If you want to go "Super fake looking tan" - be sure to do EVERYTHING above your shirt that is going to show. Don't stop 1/2" from your jawline & leave everything below that pale white!!
icon_eek.gif

eek.gif
Omigosh! Thats outrageous! Don't people look at themselves before they leave the house??? Its only common sense, right?

Originally Posted by SusieQ
eek.gif
Omigosh! Thats outrageous! Don't people look at themselves before they leave the house??? Its only common sense, right? I guess not!!! LOL She also had a SUPER high ponytail with TWO scrunchies (think 80's Tiffany style) but she had to be at least 60 years old.
icon_eek.gif

I would get busted everyday! I don't believe in not wearing colorful makeup. Fun blue and green eyeshadow is what helps me be me.

I take what Paula says with a grain of salt...

She makes good skincare products and is knowledgeable, but when it comes to makeup, I will do what I want.

Yay for green and blue makeup!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I take what Paula says with a grain of salt...
She makes good skincare products and is knowledgeable, but when it comes to makeup, I will do what I want.

Yay for green and blue makeup!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i'm w/you Feisty. sometimes she bashes products, only to plug her own which contain the same ingredients. i say wear what you want & what works w/your skin tone.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 and I mean ORANGE.... MUPPET ORANGE! not the MUPPET ORANGE!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Yay for green and blue makeup!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Ditto, i think blue & green eyeshadows look great on some people.. I think it all depends on the SHADE of blue & green though.

Latest posts

Back