cousin's wedding makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
yesterday, my cousin and i went to bloomies to shop for makeup for her wedding day. it's overseas (in kosovo), taking place in july, so she needs to do the shopping for her own stuff and bring it over there.

i recommended MAC's shadows (because of all you girls, thanks so much!) and we went to the counter. after a lot of trial and errors on the lips, we finally got minimauve (sp?) lipstick with spice liner. that looked very classy and very wedding-y.

the eyes, we did vanilla on the brow bone, yogurt on the lid, and intoxicate in the outer crease.

now that i think about it, i don't like intoxicate too much. i know it's not my makeup, but she wants me to be honest before she buys it.

she wants everything to look classy, but not very old. she's only 22, so that's why.

what do you all think? good or no good?

thanks for any feedback!

Screw the makeup, I wanna go to that weddingt!!! rakija ohne ende!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL

What a great advice
smile.gif
I agree with Trisha and Charms23...

Originally Posted by Trisha Personally i wouldnt use a colour like Intoxicate for a wedding MU, stick to neutrals such as browns, taupes, greys, creams, and champagnes. Thats just my opinion, cos when she looks back at the wedding pics, she wants to see her first, not be drawn to the MU xx

yeah, i would say to stick with neutrals. i say mulch as the dark brown, shroom, beaded, or naked lunch as the lighter color. i use embark in the very outer corner if you want to make it darker.

LOL ok - had to refer to Queen FOTD's notepad to see what Intoxicate looked like! Yeah - might be a bit dark... but then again - maybe using a really light touch, and blended close to the lashline - it might work... like everything, guess it depends on the application
icon_wink.gif

I'd tend to agree with the girls here Jennifer.. I wouldnt suggest using intoxicate although what Janelle said is very true "it all depends on the application".. How about using Satin Taupe instead?

Yes very soft and pretty Marisol! The printable bridal looks are a great idea! What is your cousin's coloring like Jennifer? Hair, skin and eye? That would make a difference.

Oh, if only I'd had MuT when I was planning my wedding...maybe then I wouldn't have worn Revlon Cherries in the Snow lipstick and jet black eyebrow pencil! Well it was 1993 but still... I look at the pictures now and go "yuck". Maybe I was trying to channel Selena.

Originally Posted by glamslam Yes very soft and pretty Marisol! The printable bridal looks are a great idea! What is your cousin's coloring like Jennifer? Hair, skin and eye? That would make a difference.
Oh, if only I'd had MuT when I was planning my wedding...maybe then I wouldn't have worn Revlon Cherries in the Snow lipstick and jet black eyebrow pencil! Well it was 1993 but still... I look at the pictures now and go "yuck". Maybe I was trying to channel Selena.

Let's see a pic! Purdy please...
icon_lol.gif

sorry, everyone, but it's not intoxicate, it's haux! what do you think now?

sorry again!

Originally Posted by Jennifer sorry, everyone, but it's not intoxicate, it's haux! what do you think now?
sorry again!

Looks pretty on the MAC site! Trisha doesn't have a pic of that one IRL - so I'm going by the swatch... nice! But just make sure she gets lots of sleep the night before if she's going to go with pinks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I think Haux could work, but with that liner and lipstick, I think something like Coquette or Mystery might work better. HTHS!

yeah, actually, i was talking to her before and she said she might change the lip coloring because she really likes the shadows. her mom and sister think it's too dark, so she's gonna go to another MAC counter and get another MA so she gets different opinions/suggestions.

thanks again, girls!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer yeah, actually, i was talking to her before and she said she might change the lip coloring because she really likes the shadows. her mom and sister think it's too dark, so she's gonna go to another MAC counter and get another MA so she gets different opinions/suggestions.
thanks again, girls!
smile.gif

Trial n' error - best way to go!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back