Cream Eyeshadows... Want your Excellent opinions!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Georgeous Gals!!... (And Tony lol)

I've been looking around for some cream eyeshadows.. with not much luck. I saw the ones by Smashbox on QVC - but I really don't feel like paying $50 for 5 eyeshadows LOL Does anyone know of any good cream eyeshadows that are relatively cheap?? I"m kind of looking for almost like a "lipstick-texture" type feel of eyeshadow, something that comes in a pot rather than the ones that are in a tube w/ the wand (they are somewhat too liquidy for me) I want something like a paste. I have an eye primer that is tinted by Clinique, and I love the way the cream blends - rather than powder... Any suggestions?

shadow.jpg

I've been using this one from Revlon for a while now, they discontinued the crayon I loved so decided to try this. I like it, it seems to last well and goes on easily, I think they only come in shimmers though.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=325 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=175><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=175 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=175>
167240.jpg

Bronze

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD><!------------------------isFreeGift ----------------------------------><!----------------------- hasFreeGiftProductID ----------------------------><TABLE height=72 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=175 bgColor=#333399 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE height=72 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle>
rebate.gif
Offer No. 20</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle>Rebate Details

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><!---- // Display Product Link (TLNK) if available ---><!---- // Display Product Long Promo (LPRO), if available --->

• Twist up color.
  • Glide on effortlessly.
  • Shimmer all day.
  • Cushiony-soft tip.
  • Twist: Easy to apply-even on the go.
  • Glide: Smooth on refreshing glide of color, blend shadow with cushiony soft tip.
  • Shimmer: An eyeful of creamy shades that glisten all day and resists creasing.
  • Ophthalmologist tested.
  • Suitable for contact lens wearers.
<!---- // Display Product Uses Text (USES), if available ---><!---- // Display Product Instruction Text, if available --->
Instructions

• Remove cap.
  • Hold pen below sponge-tip and twist the base end until color appears.
  • Note: First time you use, color appears after 10 to 15 full twists.
  • Glide on color and use sponge-tip finger to blend.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=10>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=140><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=140 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>Revlon Eyeglide Shimmer Shadow

1.0 ea. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Price/Unit: </TD><TD vAlign=top>$6.49/ea. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Price: </TD><TD vAlign=top>$6.49 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yep, it's pretty creamy. I usually apply it from the tube and then use my finger to blend the way I want it. A tube will usually last me a couple of months, depending on how much I use it.

Well i would recommend MAC Paint's but you don't want something from a tube, plus they dry up really quickly so they don't live a creamy finish.. Sorry girlie, can't help u!

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Yep, it's pretty creamy. I usually apply it from the tube and then use my finger to blend the way I want it. A tube will usually last me a couple of months, depending on how much I use it. Ah, ok... cool - I like blending w/ my finger too - that's why I was looking for something creamy ... Gotta check it out! Thanks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Love your wanted" poster that your made....it is cute! Revlon's Illuminance<SUP>®</SUP> Creme Shadow are wonderful. I use them all the time on photo shoots and they last without heavy creasing. They have a lot of pigment so they look great on all skin tones. Don't pack it on heavy if you want a lot of color, it is better to start with a moderate amount and then add. That will ensure that it doesn't easily crease on you. I also like that they have matte shades AND shimmery shades. I sometimes use the shimmery shades as highlighters on the rest of the face too. They are great!

They also have Eyeglide<SUP>®</SUP> Shimmer Shadow. I haven't used them before but I love Revlon products so I am sure they are great.

I also like Rimmel's cream eyeshadow. http://www.rimmellondon.com They have the regular cream eyeshadows and cream shadows that make the lid look shiny too.

I hope that helps.

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Ooooh! I almost forgot about those Revlon ones!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks! And Ulta has the Rimmel's on sale 'buy one get one Free' - so I think I'll look into those too!!

Thanks Candace, Harley & Laura!

shadow.jpg
<~~~ Thanks Candace! LOL I love playing around with my new photo editing software! LOL

Thanks Candace! I'm going to check these out. This was a great question NYAngel98. I've been looking for a nice cream shadow too!

I picked up some of the Revlon Cream Shadow's tonight at Ulta - I got 3 kits... (not for the free gift when you spend $15 on Revlon prod's or anything! lol
icon_wink.gif
)

I got the "Not Just Nudes", "Twilight", & Crystal Chic" sets... at $5.99 each - its a pretty good deal - each kit has 4 shadows.

Will be trying these tomorrow - so I'll let you know the verdict!

Latest posts

Back