Credit Cards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need to get a credit card. I need one that is safe, reliable, has a somewhat low APR, and I can get right now. I'm a college student and I'm about to be 19 in February. I had a Bealls card that I made some purchases on and paid back. I did the same for my American Eagle clear card. Does this mean that I have good credit now? Or are store credit cards different from regular credit cards in that aspect? Anyone have any suggestions of credit cards to apply for? A website? Another reason, besides being in college, that I really want a credit card right now is so I can start selling my mark cosmetics. I'm a mark rep. and haven't been able to order anything yet, because of the simple fact that I don't have a credit card to order stuff online. Any help will be appreciated.

As long as your credit history shows no lates you would be considered having a good credit although limited if you had only 2 credit cards. But it's a good start and as long as the payments were made on time and you are not maxed out on the cards, the creditors would look at you as responsible credit user. You might want to check out local papers and also the internet for adds for low interest credit cards if you are looking to apply for one. I don't really know what banks or credit cards are good but I know Capital One and Citibank are some of the biggest creditors.

You might check to see if your bank/credit union issues a credit card. That might be an easier way to get a credit card. If not, you might check into Capital One. That was the first credit card (besides department store cards) that I ever got, plus now they have that interest lock or whatever it is in the commercial with the vikings, lol! They'd probably be a pretty good one. Good luck!
smile.gif

Yes Reija is a good person to answer this. I think she knows just as much with Credit Scrores etc as she does with Beauty Stuff LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by FairyRave

I need to get a credit card. I need one that is safe, reliable, has a somewhat low APR, and I can get right now. I'm a college student and I'm about to be 19 in February. I had a Bealls card that I made some purchases on and paid back. I did the same for my American Eagle clear card. Does this mean that I have good credit now? Or are store credit cards different from regular credit cards in that aspect? Anyone have any suggestions of credit cards to apply for? A website? Another reason, besides being in college, that I really want a credit card right now is so I can start selling my mark cosmetics. I'm a mark rep. and haven't been able to order anything yet, because of the simple fact that I don't have a credit card to order stuff online. Any help will be appreciated.

This post is perfect for demonstrating that us women have brains as well as beauty! I have a Capital One credit card and they have a pretty low interest rate. Good Luck on your search.

I just got a mailer from western union, it's a prepaid type card you apply for first, for about $5-10, you send the app in, then go to any wu, deposit whatever amount you want, & it's like a debit card but it's a cc...& there's a $5.00/month use charge & if you want to add money it's $5.00 but cheaper than 21% interest or more or less...& you get the use without the abuse.

Latest posts

Back