Current Foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What foundation are you using right now? Do you find that a certain type of foundation is better in the spring? I've been using MAC StudioTech the most right now. I like that it's creamy, but doesn't seem to make my skin oily. I think it works well for normal/combo skin.

Hey Littleweirdo!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I like the sheer ones for spring, but the pore reducing foundations work great too! I guess it depends on the temperature and situation. I love Joey New York pore reducing foundation, and CoverGirl's trublend. That's all I use and I rotate them.

Neither of them make me break out.. .a definite plus!!

mutfoundation.gif

I've been using Loreal True Match in N2, it's a nice foundation and it has a light but buildable coverage.

I guess its a matter of opinion. For me I like a dewy/satin look in spring. I hop all over the place with foundations. I have about 7 or 8 in rotation. The one I am currently using is Chanel Photogenic Skin Illuminating Makeup with Benefits High Beam either mixed in or highlighted on the top of my cheekbones and slightly sweaped down my nose *blended well* To me its a very pretty, fresh look. Originally Posted by alittleweirdo What foundation are you using right now? Do you find that a certain type of foundation is better in the spring? I've been using MAC StudioTech the most right now. I like that it's creamy, but doesn't seem to make my skin oily. I think it works well for normal/combo skin.

Originally Posted by makeupluver I like the dewy look for spring, I love my Becca it makes my skin so glowy, but it's not good for oily skin. I also like Revlon skinlights for the same look but it's oil free and covers more. I like Revlon's Skinlights line as well. I don't really wear foundation, because my skin is usually really clear and I don't like to cover it unless I have some blotches here and there. I usually just use a tinted moisturizer, or mix some Skinlights Powder in with a regular moisturizer. I also love Skinlights Illuminating Lotion (really great for a light dewy look - kind of like mixing moisturizer with the powder), and Skinlights Foundation (use rarely).

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo What foundation are you using right now? Do you find that a certain type of foundation is better in the spring? I've been using MAC StudioTech the most right now. I like that it's creamy, but doesn't seem to make my skin oily. I think it works well for normal/combo skin. My Absolute most Holy Grail item in my whole makeup collection:Jane Iredale Amazing base.Gives a satin finish and makes my skin look totally flawless(and trust me..It's not)

I agree makeupluver. Revlon Skinlights is wonderful!! What is Becca? Can you clue me in?

Thanks,

Calif.

Mutbanner4.gif

I own a lot of different brands, but the one that seems to work best for me is revlon age defying. I like it better than Mac, clinique, VS, and Origins.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo What foundation are you using right now? Do you find that a certain type of foundation is better in the spring?I've been using MAC StudioTech the most right now. I like that it's creamy, but doesn't seem to make my skin oily. I think it works well for normal/combo skin.

I use mineral foundation.

My ideal foundation would be anything that kept my oily skin matte for a longer period of time! However, I am so darn pale that I have never been able to find a foundation that matched my skin -- not even Prescriptives, which is supposed to be really good for pale colors. (And also great for acne-prone and oily skin!) So right now I am using Prescriptives Traceless foundation even though it's not matte -- but it is so sheer that it blends into my skin and looks very natural, so I would take a natural-looking foundation over a matte foundation in the wrong color any day!
smile.gif
(And I didn't want to pay $65 for their custom-blend foundation -- but I don't have as much acne as I used to, so I don't think I need a full-coverage foundation anymore!)

I love my MAC foundation, but recently switched to Everyday Minerals because it's just so damn hot and humid. I wanted something lighter on my face and I couldn't be happier.

i only have 3 kinds of foundation, BE, everyday minerals and MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation.

Originally Posted by NYShopgirl i only have 3 kinds of foundation, BE, everyday minerals and MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. Only 3? I've never had more than one foundation in my mu bag at once
wink.gif

Chanel Professional Makeup SPF 15... I also have Stila TM though for days I want a little lighter coverage...

I have I think 5 or six foundations and I switch depending on my mood not the weather...I live in the desert though so today we very warm...

right now I am trying out Lancome teint Idole Ultra and it seems to be working well for the hotter days. it gives decent coverage yet it is rather light, especially if you use small amounts.

Last year I was using cover girl true match and it also seems appropriate for summer, not to heavy.

I'm not using a foundation, at the moment. I plan to purchase Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Oil Free) and Oil-Free Foundation the very moment my Differin induced peeling subsides. I may end up with the Foundation Powder, as well. It just depends.

Latest posts

Back