Dare to be: Re-l

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What is Re-I?  I cant even think about doing the challenge if I don't understand it.

Re-l is that character (pictures posted in first thread) from Ergo Proxy.

You post the pictures here. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> In this particular "Dare to Be" it's more like a Face of the Day (FOTD) picture since it's more just for fun than anything else.

I have been determined to catch up on all of the work I have put off/been too busy to do for these online courses- I haven't put a drop of makeup on since halloween and hadn't before halloween for ...gosh, a week? Maybe more? I'm dying to have fun and do this...maybe I'll make it my "if you get *insert amount* work done today, you can play"

Ok, so I had a little free time (well, I made it free-time, lol) and I just wanna say this- I wish I still had my black wig, but I don't :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And that I take pictures with my crummy 'ol iphone 3gs (yes, people still have those lol) and it was night time and under awful lighting. But hey, I tried! So, for your viewing pleasure...

Luckily I'm naturally as pale as the character, lol. Although my phone doesn't quite show the blue, I assure you it was there! I used a combo of Kat Von D ..some dark blue I can't remember, and Urban decay...um...Peace, I think it is. It's a brighter blue. In fact, here's a pic of some eye makeup:

Character didn't seem to have much dimension/contour, so I left it flat so my features would kind of all blend in. Also- that's a black turtle neck from oh, 7th grade, a black dish towel draped over my shoulders, my husband's black tie and a jade stone on a chain that I attempted to pin into place with bobby pins.
Other products used:
Nyx Jumbo pencil in milk
Face/lips: KVD lockit
Lips additional: Profusion clear gloss (for a touch of definition and to disguise my dry lips that cracked :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )
Concealer: Nars
Eyebrow and eyeliner- KVD Gunmetal
Lashes- Kiss (A very natural lash- character's lashes looked normal length)
Nyx hd Setting powder.

I don't have a sassy wig like @slinka but I figured I'd give this look a try. I apologize in advance for the obviously non-matching hair color

To get the pale-ness I pretty much covered my face in my lightest concealer. For the eyes I did a gradient blue using my E.L.F. Beauty book. The black liner is from Urban Decay (24/7 liner woot woot!) and I feathered it out with UD's "crave" which I also used to do my brows (yes I know they are horrendously uneven). Hope you guys like it! Any feedback is much appreciated.

Good job [@]makeitupasigo[/@]! I like how your camera actually picked up the blue in the shadow (wish mine would without having to be completely focused on the eyeball!).

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good job @makeitupasigo! I like how your camera actually picked up the blue in the shadow (wish mine would without having to be completely focused on the eyeball!).
Thanks! I loved your look too.

Latest posts

Back