Days 31-40 of the 100 Day No Buy Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekly Rollover Goals

1. Paint nails. DID
  2. Use at least 3 new hair products on wash day. DID
  3. Do a chemical peel once or twice a week. DID
  4. Cook at least once. FAIL
  5. Wear at least 3 different scents a week. DID
  6. Completely use up at least 5 products or samples during the 10-day period. FAIL
Goals for Days 31-40

1. Order eyeglasses to update my look. FAIL
  2. Inventory beauty products in Excel. DID, just have to update them now.
  3. Organize beauty products in effective manner. FAIL, started but haven't finished.
  4. Organize closet/donate more clothes. FAIL.
  5. Send emails to at least 5 professional contacts I've been meaning to reach out to. FAIL.
  6. Read three books on my prelim reading list. FAIL.
  7. Come up with professional goals for this year. FAIL.
  8. Finish two TV shows (I know this sounds crazy, but I spend so much time online and on forums when I could be completing other things I've been meaning to do). FAIL.
  9. Begin writing prospectus (this is a HUGE goal). FAIL.
  10. Start a daily gratitude journal. FAIL.
Reflecting on my progress. I need to either get more serious about life or make less goals.

Reflecting on my progress. I need to either get more serious about life or make less goals.
Sometimes taking baby steps with goals is better than a lot of goals at once. At least that's the way it's been for me. Many times I've failed because my goals have been too much to implement in real life. On paper they sounded good but in my day to day life not so much. By breaking too big of goals into smaller steps/goals have helped me. How I look at things is that failure is always going to happen, it's what I do after the failure that counts.

Failure = new opportunity do better (in my eyes) I'm always looking to do better and become a better person today than I was yesterday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> That's why always tell my kids that it's important to learn from your mistakes and grow from them. Nobody is perfect. The best part about life is the growing process that never stops. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Love this quote:

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."

-Henry Ford

Last edited by a moderator:
 I didn't mean to abandon the project. My husband was rushed to Emergency on Februruary 12th in the late evening, and remains in CICU. Next week he is having surgery to amputate all ten toes. He's in a very bad way, with no idea of when he might come home.

I've put all my MUT and any other chat groups on indefinite hold. I am so very proud of each and every person who took up the 100 Day No Buy Challenge.

Whatever your personal religious, or non-religious beliefs, please pray, send healing energies,light a candle, send positive vibes, or whatever method you are comfortable with using, to heal my sweet husband Tim. He needs all the help he can get.

I miss you all.

Love,

Kristine

@@Kristine Walker, So sorry to hear about your husband, Tim. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Wishing him speedy recovery and sending you a lot of strength and hugs. Thank you for taking the time to post this. Hope your husband comes home soon and is all healed. Please keep us posted on his progress and how you are doing when you can. 

@@Kristine Walker I am so sorry. I will certainly be praying for your husband. I am so grateful to you, as you are the one who started this 100 day no buy, which has helped me so much. I am going to carry on with a no buy here indefinitely, so maybe I will see you here later in spring or summer. You are such a wonderful person to care for your Mom as you do; you have my admiration, and I pray only the best for you and your DH. 

@KristineWalker, I just saw this.  I am sorry your husband is having such health problems, and I hope he makes a quick recovery.  I am thinking of you and your family, and wishing you all the best.

Back