Debating My Haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so I wanted to get to the MAC counter yesterday (want more eye shadows and a fluidline), but just never found the time. I thought I'd just go today instead. But I just found out that my counter is having their D'Bohemia event today through Friday. I'm afraid they'll be mobbed. It's a busy counter to begin with, since the next closest one is 45 minutes away and there are no freestanding stores around here. This is just my luck!

That's what I'm thinking. I'll just go over the weekend, since Friday is the last day of the event. I was just looking forward to going today
frown.gif
but I'm tough so I'll get over it, I think.

Originally Posted by spazbaby That's what I'm thinking. I'll just go over the weekend, since Friday is the last day of the event. I was just looking forward to going today
frown.gif
but I'm tough so I'll get over it, I think. same was here when the event make so bz no body actully pay attention...i almost had argue with one the rep from mac...she did apology at the end..
icon_twisted.gif
yea you should go later on...but i think at the end of the day event it will be more people there...what do you think?

Originally Posted by Miranhat same was here when the event make so bz no body actully pay attention...i almost had argue with one the rep from mac...she did apology at the end..
icon_twisted.gif
yea you should go later on...but i think at the end of the day event it will be more people there...what do you think? Events are fun if your prepared to wait,
biggrin.gif
But your best off waiting till its done,so at least you can play around with the colors without being stampeded

Originally Posted by spazbaby Ok, so I wanted to get to the MAC counter yesterday (want more eye shadows and a fluidline), but just never found the time. I thought I'd just go today instead. But I just found out that my counter is having their D'Bohemia event today through Friday. I'm afraid they'll be mobbed. It's a busy counter to begin with, since the next closest one is 45 minutes away and there are no freestanding stores around here. This is just my luck! i'd go anyway cus if they have an event today they will run outta stuff if you don't go today and then you will have to wait longer. i am lucky i have the freestanding store and a counter in the same mall if the store doesn't have it i go to the counter (which i hate to do cus i hate the chicks at the counter) i love the people at the store who have started to recognize me lol the manager is always super sweet to me when i am in there.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i'd go anyway cus if they have an event today they will run outta stuff if you don't go today and then you will have to wait longer. i am lucky i have the freestanding store and a counter in the same mall if the store doesn't have it i go to the counter (which i hate to do cus i hate the chicks at the counter) i love the people at the store who have started to recognize me lol the manager is always super sweet to me when i am in there. I thought of that too, they might run out of stuff. I might end up going tomorrow anyway b/c I have shoes to return at that mall, and I'll use that money toward the makeup!

if you go during the day, it won't be too busy compared to going on the weekends.

Originally Posted by Liz if you go during the day, it won't be too busy compared to going on the weekends. I'll be there when they open! I'll be one of those annoying customers that stands outside and waits for them to lift the security gate. Then I'll RUN to the counter, hand them a list, and tell them to ring it up. By 10:15 am, I will have dropped $100 on a bunch of eye makeup that I just HAD to have, all because everyone here says how pretty the colors are! I need to find me a sugar daddy...

I agree, I usually hit the Mac counter during the week days and in the mornings.

Originally Posted by Liz if you go during the day, it won't be too busy compared to going on the weekends.

Originally Posted by lilla I agree, I usually hit the Mac counter during the week days and in the mornings. that's when i go i can't stand teenyboppers who have to test everything while talking to a MA so when i know exactly what i want and can be out of the store in 20 mins i'm sitting there waiting for someone to help me. or the rich older ladies who don't like to wait leave the store then come back and INSIST that they were next. it's usually very quiet when i go. and i can get attention that i want (if i have any questions) and it's not like i don't spend alot of money in the store lol i deserve some quality time for all the money i have spent there in the past few months.

Originally Posted by charms23 Oh I know what you mean! Even though there are people there I know I'll still get help from my favorite MA he knows how much money I spent there and how I can practically build a house from all those MAC plastic bags
icon_lol.gif
well the girls i see (almost every week) in there know i am there very often and i spend quite a bit of cash i don't just go in for one thing i am usually in there for multiple things lol (well probably not for much longer the summer is slow for work for me) so i will have to go on a shoppin vacation.
and yea i have tons of plastic bags lol right now i keep my receipt and boxes from that purchase in there in case i don't like something and i take it back.

Originally Posted by Marisol What are you thinking of getting? Eye Shadows: Aquadisiac, Swimming, Shimmermoss, Naked LunchBlue Peep Fluidline

Studio Stick concealer

I called & they said they had everything but that was around 6pm. She said they would usually be able to hold the items but they're not allowed to do that during an event. I go to that mall fairly often so if they are out of anything I will just get it another time.

You are going to love Blue Peep especially if you are getting those e/s. Those are on my list for my next haul.

Originally Posted by Marisol You are going to love Blue Peep especially if you are getting those e/s. Those are on my list for my next haul. Cool! We can compare notes.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Cool! We can compare notes. Trisha recently did an FOTD with those colors and that is one of the reasons why I am thinking of getting those e/s.

Originally Posted by Marisol Trisha recently did an FOTD with those colors and that is one of the reasons why I am thinking of getting those e/s. Same here, although I'm 100% sure my version of the look won't look as good as hers! I've never been an artist (of any kind).

Originally Posted by spazbaby Same here, although I'm 100% sure my version of the look won't look as good as hers! I've never been an artist (of any kind). You will do great. Just practice, practicec practice!

I know what you mean. I want attention on me so I can ask questions and get good quality service.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 that's when i go i can't stand teenyboppers who have to test everything while talking to a MA so when i know exactly what i want and can be out of the store in 20 mins i'm sitting there waiting for someone to help me. or the rich older ladies who don't like to wait leave the store then come back and INSIST that they were next. it's usually very quiet when i go. and i can get attention that i want (if i have any questions) and it's not like i don't spend alot of money in the store lol i deserve some quality time for all the money i have spent there in the past few months.

Latest posts

Back