Quantcast

deciding on shadows.... (a little help please)

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
ok since i have dark greens (humid, swimming) purple's and plums(crystal, idol eyes, beautiful iris, plum, parfait amour,creme de violet, plum dressing, hepcat, star violet trax, and moth brown) and blues and blue greens (tilt, freshwater, surreal, aquadisiac, shimmer moss, steamy, meadowland)

so the colors i am planning on getting for my 3 spots that are empty in my 4 pan are

Deep Truth

Nocturnelle

Femme Noir

are these good choices? or do you have any other suggestions for the colors that i do have and would like to pair them with.

 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
I think that Deep Truth would be an excellent addition to your blues and greens!
Femme Noir is also a great choice! Its one of my favs!

Originally Posted by Anya1976 ok since i have dark greens (humid, swimming) purple's and plums(crystal, idol eyes, beautiful iris, plum, parfait amour,creme de violet, plum dressing, hepcat, star violet trax, and moth brown) and blues and blue greens (tilt, freshwater, surreal, aquadisiac, shimmer moss, steamy, meadowland)so the colors i am planning on getting for my 3 spots that are empty in my 4 pan are

Deep Truth

Nocturnelle

Femme Noir

are these good choices? or do you have any other suggestions for the colors that i do have and would like to pair them with.

 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I think that Deep Truth would be an excellent addition to your blues and greens!
Femme Noir is also a great choice! Its one of my favs! thanks for the post.... since i needed darker more contrasting colors i figured i'd go for the darker shades of colors i do already have. so i could use themfor liners and as contour shades
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
i have deep truth and nocturnelle. i like them both. i want femme noir as a dark green color.

 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i have deep truth and nocturnelle. i like them both. i want femme noir as a dark green color. how dark is nocturnelle?
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
it's not too dark. i have a pic of it in my notepad. it's a little darker than plum dressing.

 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lizzyb831 it's not too dark. i have a pic of it in my notepad. it's a little darker than plum dressing. thanks
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
ooh I have to check that out - I'm so bad with shadows... since I don't have many MAC's - I don't know a lot of the colors, so I'm not much help! LOL


 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Trisha Those 3 are good darker colours for creasework and lining Angela!! x ok good then i did make the right choices.
 
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
0
I think they are fab colours to go with your exsisting collection! Deep Truth is lovely!

 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Bhav I think they are fab colours to go with your exsisting collection! Deep Truth is lovely! ok cool then i guess these are definately the ones i am getting today.
 

Jen

Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
685
Reaction score
0
Anya, if you can, please post pics of them when you get them! I don't know exactly what those look like and am curious to see them.


 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Angela, if you get a chance take a look at Mac Au Contraire e/s. I really like it.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 how dark is nocturnelle?
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jen Anya, if you can, please post pics of them when you get them! I don't know exactly what those look like and am curious to see them.
sure i can do that
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lilla Angela, if you get a chance take a look at Mac Au Contraire e/s. I really like it. i think that is a LE shade i will check it out of my store still has it
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
If you can't find it, check nordstrom.com, they may still have it. good luck.


Originally Posted by Anya1976 i think that is a LE shade i will check it out of my store still has it
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
yeah, check other sites like gloss.com or nordies.com . i found guacamole on nordies.com


 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lilla If you can't find it, check nordstrom.com, they may still have it. good luck.
i don't have a credit card or a debit card i only buy what i can pay for in cash cus if i had plastic i'd be dangerous
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
ok i ended up waking up last night around 3am and didn't get back to sleep i was going to go to the mall around 1pm but around noon i laid down on the bed and fell asleep. so i didnt go shoppin today
i'll go tomorrow when i am more rested and not getting up at 3am.

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
i still would have gone when i woke up. lol. the mall doesn't close until 9!

 

Latest posts

Top