Decoterie - New Decor/Lifestyle Box + Code! *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont understand.... has someone posted a photo? where are people seeing this to comment?  MSA? I don't see any photos here....

I didn't see photos on MSA but just a list of the items. Based on the list, the box looks great! So happy for those who ordered this! I need to cut back on a few before I can get this one but in the meantime I'm happy living through you all. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> 

yeah, the list was posted a few days ago. but ppl have boxes and havent posted what the contents look like etc.  and not sure the comments are enough to get a sense of the box. decor is a matter of taste.  have a feeling the pillow might not suit me. 

and as for USPS damaging things... seems like it comes down to the shipper... if it was packed right then it shouldn't be damaged.  Unless the box was ripped open or something.  not sure.  

will keep watching for some pics... 

First look

IMG_1125.JPG

The pillow is white with black embroidery and trimming The scarf is a navy blue.

Looks cute. believe there could be variations. Heard about a green scarf and other pillow options. 

Decoterie Summer 2015 full box.jpg

I got a blue scarf and a grey and pink cheetah (?) pattern pillow. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the coasters. I thought they were going to be marble but they're not. And the gold leaf is peeling off the edges :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the pillow I received in my box. I am pretty disappointed especially after seeing the animal print spoiler. That's what I thought we were all getting or something very similar to it . This is truly no hero item to me. The coasters, in my opinion, look cheap and are nothing I would expect from her. I guess with all the posts on Instagram and Facebook I was expecting something more like her tile coasters. The coasters I received do not compare at all to what is on her sites. I am surprised she would include them in this box. I do like the scarf and love the little bowl with my name on it especially since I do not have many items with my name on it. The leather case is nice. I wish it were a little bigger to fit my iPhone 6 plus, but at least I think it is higher quality than the items that I do not like. I will be very interested in knowing how many people actually receive the animal print pillow.image.jpg

@@Imogene The coasters were the worst. I felt they dragged down the rest of the box, too. 

I'm surprised by how much I'm loving the little leather case. It doesn't really fit my phone but it's leather and it'll stretch. I kinda want to fill it as full as I can get it. And I just know if I use it enough, it will get that great leather patina.... 

@Saffyra. I really like the leather case too. Since my phone will not fit, I filled it with my every day cosmetics. I like it so much I have been searching Esty today to find something very similar in looks but will fit my phone as well as my cosmetics, credit card, cash, etc to throw in my handbag! Which candle did you receive, the rose gold or marble?

@@Imogene and @@Saffyra A piece of the gold leaf came off one of the coasters when I removed it from the tissue paper.

I have mixed feelings about the box. I don’t know if it is because I lack an appreciation for upscale items or the items don’t appeal to me. My pillow is white with black embroidery and trim. I’m sure many subscribers would be happy with the pillow. I dislike the colors. Same with the marble candle. It has a great scent, but it’s black. Others may love it because it is marble, but all I see is black. I’m not big on neutrals. I love color.

I love the vibrancy of the scarf and thank you notes. Bright bold blue.

That’s why I have mix feelings. Is it me or the box? I spent money on it and want to like it, but I don’t. I feel bad because I am not usually negative. This is the most conflicted I have felt about a box, and it is compounded by the price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the pics!! Looks nice. I'm surprised to see such variations in the pillow colors. I was expecting everyone to get the same pillow.

@@PA Anna I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I spent my money so I must like it. I used a coupon so I'm not out as much as others may be. But I also got a black candle, not my fave but the scent is to die for (French Pear). 

The pillow (pictured above) is not what I was expecting from the photo of the leopard pillow on the chair. But it's squishy and I like that plus it does fit in with my color scheme (even though I would have rathered the print in the spoiler).

I was really hoping for pillow from her website. Those are so ME.

Hints for the next box appear to be a throw blanket. 

@@PA Anna my coasters do not have any markings of a green leaf - lol! I guess mine too was left in the tissue paper!

I too spent a lot of money on this box especially with not being able to use a discount code. However, I really wanted to try a luxe box for once because I have really been enjoying these monthly subscription boxes these past few months. They are definitely addictive but I think we women deserve to treat ourselves occasionally because usually most often we are doing more for others than for ourselves.

What disappoints me most of all is I don't think she kept her word on the products we would be receiving and honesty is huge to me. First we were all getting a $250 animal print pillow then it changed to a $115 throw pillow. I would have been fine with that if it at least looked nice as the spoiler did. The fabric alone In that spoiler was much higher quality . Also, I think she commented too many times on the title coasters and then we receive these cheap looking coasters. If she had a shortage on funds, she should have reduced the quantity of items and kept the quality especially on the main #1 spoiler. I was so disappointed today that I had to box up that ugly red pillow just so I couldn't look at it anymore! The good news is at least I have the insert so now I'll just go buy a cover for it!

@@PA Anna my coasters do not have any markings of a green leaf - lol! I guess mine too was left in the tissue paper!

I too spent a lot of money on this box especially with not being able to use a discount code. However, I really wanted to try a luxe box for once because I have really been enjoying these monthly subscription boxes these past few months. They are definitely addictive but I think we women deserve to treat ourselves occasionally because usually most often we are doing more for others than for ourselves.

What disappoints me most of all is I don't think she kept her word on the products we would be receiving and honesty is huge to me. First we were all getting a $250 animal print pillow then it changed to a $115 throw pillow. I would have been fine with that if it at least looked nice as the spoiler did. The fabric alone In that spoiler was much higher quality . Also, I think she commented too many times on the title coasters and then we receive these cheap looking coasters. If she had a shortage on funds, she should have reduced the quantity of items and kept the quality especially on the main #1 spoiler. I was so disappointed today that I had to box up that ugly red pillow just so I couldn't look at it anymore! The good news is at least I have the insert so now I'll just go buy a cover for it!
i agree about the indulgence part! im always trying to search and find more special or higher end boxes but usually they are for men or fashion or just not a good mix of products that would be worth shelling out the dough...

but for this box, i think you are still mistaken because it has been repeated here and on blogs numerous times that the spoiler pillow was incorrect. it was simply an image that was pulled from her website and said to be a spoiler and the blogger then corrected herself, so wouldnt call that dishonest if it was the blogger's responsibility to fact check. i think the very first official spoiler was on instagram and the email newsletter, way after the promotion and everything. im sure the fabric for all the main stuff is better, but looking forward to seeing the fall box based on what the last email said about materials! i think the coasters are gorgeous, doesnt look like money was ran out, maybe just not your personal taste since im sure the artist who makes them doesnt find her work to be cheap looking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  but again, dont see where this was commented on like you said. ive only seen a few real spoilers directly from them, the rest are guesses! overall i just follow on instagram and love everything so far. rather wait for fall though, maybe more luxe then!

lol poor red pillow. reminds me of ugly russian decor...all red!

I  got a cool tie dye pillow that's beautiful.  I got a white candle.  I got a blue and white scarf.  I like what I got. I think the coasters look like a 3 year old made them. They are ugly and because they are made of paper ( the ones I got are)   They are not usable as coasters.  The gold painted on the edges is all crooked.   These should not have been put in the box they are low quality and silly looking IMO.  I think the values on the card are crazy inflated.  I was going to stay with this box but she wrote that she was going to build on these coasters meaning send more????.  She has beautiful marble coasters on her site.  I was shocked to see this. if she is sending more of these so called coasters I am not subbing anymore. My candle is beautiful.

This was not a high end lux box  it was more of a combo of stuff someone would get on etsy. I really feel mislead too by her spoilers. I was expecting marble coasters and a higher end pillow. The little dish is cute because it has my name on it. Honestly its crooked and strange looking like a child made it too. 

Back