Decoterie - New Decor/Lifestyle Box + Code! *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's unfinished leather so it's going to fade/discolor from things like sun and water. The benefit is that after frequent use, you will have an insanely soft, buttery leather. 

You can add a leather protectant (I think it's about $10 a bottle, although there's different kinds) and that will protect it from further fading or staining. 

Personally, I like the character of unfinished leather so I don't have an issue with it. 

While you can stop further fading, I think you won't be able to change the already discolored bits unless you dye it. Not positive on that part since I've never done it. 

I have a friend who paints on leather, I should ask her if she knows.
Maybe that is what I will do is put it IN the sun. It's barely seen any (maybe 30 min a day). It's literally just too little to REALLY use. Like the examples for pencils? Seriously? Who uses them? Maybe I need to be more creative with it.  But will find some spec of sun and leave it for like 4 months. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But the other thing...it has literally SAT in the same position.  One side down.  And I barely get any sunlight in.  How would this happen to both sides?  It's never been near any water. Seems strange to me.  

But I might "tan" it in the sun...

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that due to the size there isn't a lot of ways to use it...I have stuck jewelry in mine when traveling but that's about it. 

I use mine for sunglasses, it's been sitting in the sun and has darkened considerably. I like it better than the super light color anyway.

Got a shipping notice. This will be my first box. I signed up for the annual right after the cutoff date for the last box. I'm kinda worried since I prepaid for 4 boxes and now they're revamping the program. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Got a shipping notice. This will be my first box. I signed up for the annual right after the cutoff date for the last box. I'm kinda worried since I prepaid for 4 boxes and now they're revamping the program. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Keep us posted! I SO interested!

When are you guys expecting your boxes?  Do you recall what kind of coasters are being sent as replacements?  

I received the tracking email on Tuesday and no movement at all so I am not sure when I'll receive it.  Was hoping it would arrive by Friday... :unsure:

As far as the coasters.  I don't know about that either as they have not answered any of my emails (not even for a simple request like "did you receive the coasters I sent back to you?")

I received the tracking email on Tuesday and no movement at all so I am not sure when I'll receive it.  Was hoping it would arrive by Friday... :unsure:

As far as the coasters.  I don't know about that either as they have not answered any of my emails (not even for a simple request like "did you receive the coasters I sent back to you?")
Ok thanks!  Somehow I doubt you will get it Friday. Or an answer as to whether or not they received your coasters :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Good luck w/ all that.  Was just curious as I might try and trade if the right coasters :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Those coasters. Sigh. One of mine was not flat. So I couldn't set a drink on it because it humped in the middle. So I tried to sort of bend it so it would be flat. Instead it completely cracked in half and one half went flying all the way across the room. It's not like I used a lot of force either! Haha!

While I felt that they brought down the feel of the box, I didn't hate them. If they'd shown up in a Mission Cute box (which features handmade), I wouldn't have batted an eye. In a $150 box? not so much.

They had said they would sent the marble ones that are real not the paper ones. That's what I thought too.  They don't answer any email so hard to tell what is going on.

My guess: those emails that went our earlier with no tracking.  Was to cover them since they said they were shipping by end of Oct. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Obviously, no shipment if not movement. 

Did any of you guys get the invitation to participate in the brand rep ambassador search?  I'm a little confused about the value proposition...the email suggests you get free LE home products plus subscription boxes, but the link to her instagram says it's a pillow a month and a 50% discount code.  Just curious if anyone here talked to her and knows what the real deal is. 

Yes, everyone was invited.  The real deal? It's whatever you want it to be.  

But remember, don't use social media as customer service...but email isn't good either because the provider wasn't reliable. So try using alternate email addresses that are not tied to your subscriptions because that won't be confusing.  And because social media isn't customer service, of course use twitter as a way to reach out. 

Sorry, these emails are just too entertaining.  From someone w/ a writing background. I thought journalism taught clear communications.  Lest we need to avoid that school. 

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box is still in the label created zone.  No movement and no updates via email.  I have a feeling this will be the case for another week or two...  I hope I am wrong and they ship them out today/this week but it's just a feeling. <_<

I just read on MSA that someone got their one box and the canvas and rug were different then what the spoilers showed. The person said the shipment is coming in two boxes. I am curious to see photos of the items. I am sure everyone will get a variety. It will be curious to see what kind of variety you all get. 

Back