Depotting debate...? hmmmm

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Only my 4 refill pans have labels - the rest are going 'incognito' until I get labels! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
the ones i didn't have the pot for i had the box so i heated the sticker from the box and put it on the magnet.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 did you throw away the boxes? the ones i didn't have the label from the pot i used from the box i heated the sticker til it lifted off Well, I had a few lying around for awhile, but I recently went around my room w/ the trash bag - so I doubt there's any left!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, I had a few lying around for awhile, but I recently went around my room w/ the trash bag - so I doubt there's any left!

the night i did the label for vex i was cleaning up i had all my boxes in a bag and i was like "hey what if i heated those stickers" and decided to try it out.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 the night i did the label for vex i was cleaning up i had all my boxes in a bag and i was like "hey what if i heated those stickers" and decided to try it out. I'm kicking myself now! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm so sick and tired of depotting! That's why next time I'm just going to order the refill pans over the phone. What's great is that it's a flat rate of $7 (and something cents) shipping and 7% tax (as oppose to 14%). If I spend over $110, I end up saving money
biggrin.gif

As for the lippie, I'll just buy it from the money I saved. It's not worth the effort going through the icky smell of burnt plastic
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 how do you heat the sticker without burning them? lol don't hold it right on the flame if you hold it above it's really not hard.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I just got into depotting & palette'ing... heck I've only recently got into MAC! LOL I have filled up a 15-pan (mostly de-potted e/s, only 4 are refill pans) and I have a cd case that I've used to make my own palette for the time being! ($$ is low! lol) But I do like the free lippies, and it does make carrying it around much easier! (Usually because I'm too lazy to do my eyes in the morning & usually do it on lunch! lol) Here are my palettes... please don't laugh TOO hard at the cd case... LMAO! (They hold pretty good w/ the leftover glue!) And the hack job on Brill & Meadowland was where I gouged (sp?) my tweezers into them before I found a way to depot them flawlessly! (Go figure!) I now use a lighter, & an X-Acto hobby knife - heat up the pan plastic... push the knife right through the center on the bottom and pan lifts right out. Totally unharmed, and the plastic only gets a little slash in it - instead of a huge one from a reg. screwdriver.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Janelle!!! That 15 pan palette is gorgeous! I love all those shades. Would you by chance be able to tell me that those shades are?

ok, this is probably a stupid question, but i can't remember the answer.

do mac freestanding stores carry the 15 pan palettes and the little pans?

or is it just at pro stores?

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 ok, this is probably a stupid question, but i can't remember the answer.
do mac freestanding stores carry the 15 pan palettes and the little pans?

or is it just at pro stores?

my free standing store has the palettes and the pans. i don't know if it's the same everywhere but i knowhow it is at my store.

Janelle, the quality of the pic of your 15 pan e/s is FANTASTIC.. The colours are so clear

i did a LOT of work today!

from 3:00 - alomost 6:00, i depotted 58 shadows!!!! not one was ruined either! hehe.

lats night i practiced on 5 pots. i messed up parts of the first 2 and the other 3 were perfect
smile.gif

i'm gonna head to the big mall tomorrow that has a freestanding mac store to pic up the palettes. i also purchased a lot of 11 self adhesive magnetic sheets on ebay last night.

my mac MUA is gonna crack up when i bring in all those empites
icon_lol.gif
. there's a bunch of soot(sp?) from the candle. i tried wiping off some/most of it, but i was tired and didn't feel like cleaning them a lot. i'll just warn her. hehe.

i'm so excited!!

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i did a LOT of work today!
from 3:00 - alomost 6:00, i depotted 58 shadows!!!! not one was ruined either! hehe.

lats night i practiced on 5 pots. i messed up parts of the first 2 and the other 3 were perfect
smile.gif

i'm gonna head to the big mall tomorrow that has a freestanding mac store to pic up the palettes. i also purchased a lot of 11 self adhesive magnetic sheets on ebay last night.

icon_lol.gif
. there's a bunch of soot(sp?) from the candle. i tried wiping off some/most of it, but i was tired and didn't feel like cleaning them a lot. i'll just warn her. hehe.

i'm so excited!!

I was worried about what they would think too, but they didn't even care! LOL I just put my 6 in a old MAC bag from a past haul & they took it and just told me to pick out my lipstick! Some of my lids wouldn't even close! LOL
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Janelle, the quality of the pic of your 15 pan e/s is FANTASTIC.. The colours are so clear Thanks Chick!!!
smile.gif

I was at the store today & I remembered that I needed the little round labels for my palette - unfortunatly, they didn't have just plain white, they had the neon pack! LOL so I have yellow, green and orange dots! LOL I'll take a pic for ya! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
No laughing at my dots! Luckily they are removable. lol Although dumb me puts on the dots BEFORE writing down the names... so I'm sitting there w/ my wrist twisted around trying to write somewhat legible. LOL
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i did a LOT of work today!

smile.gif

icon_lol.gif

i'm so excited!!

they don't care about that lol i have brought in melted stuff it's not a big deal lolglad you got them done.

ooh! i need those circle tags to put on the bottom of the palette or something! i just don't want the ones that stay stuck to things. that would not be good since i buy shadows adn would have to rearrange the palettes all the time. lol

too bad they don't count the pot and the pan thing that holds the eyeshadow pan seperately
frown.gif
that way it would only be 3 pots and 3 pans = 1 free lippie! i'd have all the lippies if they did that! lol.

Way to go Liz! I am glad that you were able to depot so many of them. Told you that it would be a breeze. Did your bf end up helping you?

Love the palette Janelle. I may have to go and get some of those round stickies.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 ooh! i need those circle tags to put on the bottom of the palette or something! i just don't want the ones that stay stuck to things. that would not be good since i buy shadows adn would have to rearrange the palettes all the time. lol
too bad they don't count the pot and the pan thing that holds the eyeshadow pan seperately
frown.gif
that way it would only be 3 pots and 3 pans = 1 free lippie! i'd have all the lippies if they did that! lol.

Yeah.. that would be nice!!! LoL!
smile.gif
And the labels I got aren't the kind that rip or get REALLY stuck... you can lift them off fairly easy - but they stay in place nicely.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Way to go Liz! I am glad that you were able to depot so many of them. Told you that it would be a breeze. Did your bf end up helping you?

Love the palette Janelle. I may have to go and get some of those round stickies.

lol. no he didn't help me with anymore. he's the one that messed up my first shadow. he doesn't like listening to directions. i did all of the other ones today while he was asleep though. i sat outside for 3 hours and it was kind of windy/cold. the burning plastic smell is not pleasant, so i didn't want to wake him up with that.

Latest posts

Back