Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this product due to some reviews/raves I've seen here on the board and I've heard good things about the Dermalogica line in general. I love the Sensitive Skin Sunscreen (Thanks Tinydancer!!!) and that's the only product I've used from the line. Any thoughts on this product?

I have nothing but good things to say about the microfolient. I love it! I've been using it for a few years now and I'm totally addicted to it. There aren't too many products that I stay totally loyal to but this is one of them. Their masks are wonderful too, I love the hydrating mask & the multi vitamin masks. If you want any you let me know, I can get them at cost for you. P.S. I love the YSL Cleanser, been using it since I got it, love it! Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm thinking about getting this product due to some reviews/raves I've seen here on the board and I've heard good things about the Dermalogica line in general. I love the Sensitive Skin Sunscreen (Thanks Tinydancer!!!) and that's the only product I've used from the line. Any thoughts on this product?

I LOVE this.  I just got it in my Birchbox, did not have high hopes for it at all, and wound up ordering a full size.  It's fantastic.  One caveat--although they say it can be used every day, my face is happier if I use it 2-3 times per week.

I absolutely love it. I did a review on it in my blog when I got it and was completely blown away. I'm a bit of a skin care fanatic so I am always looking for products to add to my arsenal. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also got the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant ($50 for 2.7 oz) in my Birchbox but had a sneeze attack when I opened it. lol I use to use (before all my sample boxes) Rare Minerals Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser now relabeled as BareMinerals Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser ($26 for 2.5 oz). Same concept - a powder exfoliating cleanser that you activate with water. Just don't take either bottle in the shower because any water in it with ruin the powder.

Now if you don't like parabens then BareMinerals is for you since there are none while Dermalogica does have parabens in it.

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Minerals, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Linalool, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Cocoyl Idethionate, Disodiom Lauryl, Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Collodidal Oatmeal, Oryza Sativa Bran, Oryza Sativa Starch, Oryza Sativa Extract, Papain, Salucylic Acid, Aspergillus, Ferment, Extracts Of: Arctostphylos Uva Ursi Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Citrus Grandis Fruit, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Ginkgo Biloba, Allantoin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Essential Oils Of: Melameuca Alternifolia Leaf, Citrus Grandis Peel, PCA, Cyclodextrin, Allyl Methacrylates, Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben.

I started using this product a few weeks ago since I got it in my birchbox. I was so excited because I could instantly feel the softness of my skin. My skin is baby soft, I have less dry peely patches on my nose. I have gotten a lot more acne/black heads the last few weeks. I'm assuming though, that it is just purging my skin of all the bacteria that other products havent. Right?

Did you guys have an acne flair up when you started using this? How long did it last?

I bought a full bottle of it a week or two ago, but I dont want to open it until I figure out if the flair is just temporarily or a reaction to the ingredients.

I've been using mine in the shower, but I have all of my shower products stored away from the shower stream, and I am careful when I open the bottle. I've had no issues, powder is still powder. But if I do plan on keeping the full-size, Im going to actually just keep using the sample size container for the shower, so that if ever is an accident I dont ruin the entire product.

No acne flair up at all. In fact my Rosacea hasn't been as red the last few days and my skin is also soft and silky. I used it again tonight after dying my hair and got dye all over my face. lol It did a fantastic job getting the dye off my skin. Would I buy it? Maybe. I'm still on the fence.

Thanks for the review! I have been eyeing this product for some time and was hoping I'd get a sample in my birchbox last month, but I am going to just purchase it as a nice little treat for myself!  

Sorry, Snllama, no acne flair up for me.  In fact, the opposite--I have far fewer zits since I've started using the product.  Guess my pores were more blocked than I realized.  

Latest posts

Back