Diana Ross Spurns Makeup Maker

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DIANA Ross, already known as a diva-with-a-capital-D, is doing nothing to dispel her reputation with her recent behavior with M.A.C. Cosmetics.

The superstar singer signed on to be the next celebrity "legend" for the makeup maker, working hand-in-hand to create a collection of colored cosmetics for eyes, lips and cheeks. But the seemingly made-in-heaven relationship hit a major snafu when Ross saw the cosmetics for the first time.

"She saw the line last week, and it didn't match her sensibilities," said an informed source. "So she's backed out of the deal, leaving M.A.C. stuck with all of the Diana Ross" marketing plans.

"There is tons of press planned — L.A. parties, events and television," the source shared. Consequently, "they're trying to convince her to be a part of it again."

A source close to the company shared: "She was difficult to work with. She had issue with the names of the colors," but, "they were already in production."

M.A.C. Cosmetics spokeswoman Nathalie Moar insists the campaign is proceeding as planned. "We're launching the Diana Ross Icon M.A.C. collection on Jan. 29 in M.A.C. stores," Moar said. "It's been a collaborative effort every step of the way. We're launching worldwide with photos and products. We're grateful to be working with such a legend."

She continued: "Our last Icon collection was with Liza Minnelli, and that put her back on the map. We're hoping to duplicate the success with Miss Ross."

Moar's interpretation of M.A.C. putting Minnelli "back on the map" is debatable. Since her M.A.C. collection debuted in October 2003, she's filed for divorce from icky impresario David Gest and gotten into several scrapes when intoxicated. She was rushed to the hospital this week after falling out of bed while blotto.

M.A.C. has a long history of working with divas. For its Viva Glam lipstick collection, the company has worked with the likes of RuPaul, k.d. lang, Mary J. Blige, Lil' Kim, Elton John and Shirley Manson. With all money raised from sales going to the M.A.C AIDS Fund to support the fight against HIV/AIDS, it's not hard to find celebs who want to sign on. The most recent campaign, Viva Glam V, featured Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot, Linda Evangelista, Chloe Sevigny and Boy George.

----------------------------

I bet they are pretty colors too. She so picky.
icon_evil.gif

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. She signed the contract. And I'm sure it's not that bad.

that's sad. she signed a contract & supposedly collaborated w/them, only to back out. i wonder if they'll sued her for breach of contract.

Ditto to what the 3 girls said here.. That's uncalled for. Signing a contract, people spending so much time & effort getting the launch of the products ready, then she backs out.. Naughty Diana

I agree. She signed the contract.....that really tells a lot about her.

Diana the Diva, for has long as I can remember has had a reputation of being difficult, from her temper tantrums to just plain being nasty to others, she doesn't seem to mind stepping all over people to get her way. This may just be the latest example of her extreme diva attitude, I hope she doesn't just get to walk away from this, no doubt she signed some kind of contract so I hope they can hold her to the deal. I guess the Sherriff at the jail where she had to serve her DUI sentence was under investigation for giving her special treatment, allowing her to leave early, have a cell phone in her jail cell and have food delivered. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the tough life of a Diva
icon_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back