(Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  At this time I have 38 18 people left on my list. Since I don't check this post to see who received items so far and who hasn't that number can be far less. Plus there are those who have received but have yet to post because they're waiting for Christmas.

Here are the names of those who have yet to receive their gift from their Secret Santa OR who may have posted but whose name I have yet to cross off.

If you're on this list let me know if you did get it or not by December 24.

bellatrix42 blueangel1023 Deareux EmpressMelli FireNRice jac a jannie135 jordiemac3 klg534 Last Contrast latinafeminista lemony007 lioness90 LyndaV Margo Julianna mermuse secrethoarder slinka

As of December 26, I will release the list of pairings except of those who have yet to get a gift as it's possibly still in the mail.

I  am so upset you guys. I sent my family in TX a big box of presents....like, most everyone's presents....and it's not there. I sent them when I sent my santee in new York her gifts, like on the 6th or something. I'm starting to believe it won't show up. F-ing great. AND the receipt is lost. I just can't find it. I have a feeling my husband threw it away. kill me.
banghead.gif

IT JUST GOT DELIVERED. Ok. I'll stop crying now. USPS....I dislike these mind games you play with me, although I must commend you for being able to bring me to tears...you are a powerful enemy.

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  IT JUST GOT DELIVERED. Ok. I'll stop crying now. USPS....I dislike these mind games you play with me, although I must commend you for being able to bring me to tears...you are a powerful enemy.

Hooray!!! I'm so glad it got there.. I feel like USPS should step up their game.. they are not instilling confidence in me this season!

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hooray!!! I'm so glad it got there.. I feel like USPS should step up their game.. they are not instilling confidence in me this season!
I had never really shipped anything before this ss exchange and this move to Utah. Definitely had good luck with my ss gift...but man, they scared me with my personal package lol. If I hadn't lost the tracking, I think I would've been more calm, of course. Definitely makes me nervous for next year....I think I'll just find a way to ship everything over there via the company...lesson learned.

I had never really shipped anything before this ss exchange and this move to Utah. Definitely had good luck with my ss gift...but man, they scared me with my personal package lol. If I hadn't lost the tracking, I think I would've been more calm, of course. Definitely makes me nervous for next year....I think I'll just find a way to ship everything over there via the company...lesson learned.

I almost always ship boxes and the like Fedex- they just ask less questions about what you're shipping (aka, if I feel like trading beer -I do this with my dad a lot-, I can trade beer without Fedex asking why I'm sending 30 pounds of liquid across the country), and I know that they don't throw my boxes around.  They normally get there in the exact same way they left.. can't beat it.  USPS is fine for smaller packages normally but this is silly!

I almost always ship boxes and the like Fedex- they just ask less questions about what you're shipping (aka, if I feel like trading beer -I do this with my dad a lot-, I can trade beer without Fedex asking why I'm sending 30 pounds of liquid across the country), and I know that they don't throw my boxes around.  They normally get there in the exact same way they left.. can't beat it.  USPS is fine for smaller packages normally but this is silly!
Yeah I was starting to wonder what happened....and then I was thinking about the contents of the box....and it basically was full of liquids- I shipped it because I don't want to have a checked bag at the airport. But my postal worker dude never asked one thing about what I was shipping.... which is not what I was expecting, and then I was wondering if this stupid small town and their super-lax rules affected me negatively outside of this dumb place, y'know, to where my family might not receive their xmas gifts because other places follow certain rules....,

Yeah I was starting to wonder what happened....and then I was thinking about the contents of the box....and it basically was full of liquids- I shipped it because I don't want to have a checked bag at the airport. But my postal worker dude never asked one thing about what I was shipping.... which is not what I was expecting, and then I was wondering if this stupid small town and their super-lax rules affected me negatively outside of this dumb place, y'know, to where my family might not receive their xmas gifts because other places follow certain rules....,

I feel that girl.. I don't like flying with liquids  because they seem particularly mean to my bags.. Liquids always go Fedex for me, and I still ship them in wine cases if I can.. or I wrap each individual liquid in newspaper and seal the lid with electrical tape.. and I always ship it ground 
wink.gif

I feel that girl.. I don't like flying with liquids  because they seem particularly mean to my bags.. Liquids always go Fedex for me, and I still ship them in wine cases if I can.. or I wrap each individual liquid in newspaper and seal the lid with electrical tape.. and I always ship it ground 
wink.gif

I only like to fly with the liquids I need for travel, which is pretty small. Unfortunately...I forgot to ship three 5oz containers of that sugar-scrub hand "manicure" stuff....It's not a liquid by any means, and not a gel....It's sort of the consistency of moist sand that you can build a castle with lol. I don't know what the tsa will classify it as....so I'm hoping that on xmas eve, they do as they usually do and not even mess with my bag, just scan it, see I have nothing of concern in there, and let me be. Fingers crossed....'cause that stuff ain't cheap and they're gifts.

I only like to fly with the liquids I need for travel, which is pretty small. Unfortunately...I forgot to ship three 5oz containers of that sugar-scrub hand "manicure" stuff....It's not a liquid by any means, and not a gel....It's sort of the consistency of moist sand that you can build a castle with lol. I don't know what the tsa will classify it as....so I'm hoping that on xmas eve, they do as they usually do and not even mess with my bag, just scan it, see I have nothing of concern in there, and let me be. Fingers crossed....'cause that stuff ain't cheap and they're gifts.

Surely it will be fine!  Maybe it'll be like toothpaste!

Glad it got there!

My presents came!!! @yousoldtheworld thank you thank you thank you. Let's be best friends please!! You are awesome and amazing. I will post tons of pictures later tonight. Gotta take the sisters boyfriend shopping for her Xmas gifts lol.

Ok, so my Santee's gift was FINALLY delivered this morning.

(after a long delay)

But I just checked and she hasn't logged on to MUT in days!

Eeek. It was delivered to her front porch according to tracking.

It's a big box. 11 pounds of happiness.

But I am very nervous it will get stolen if she is out of town or didn't make any arrangements with a neighbor.

What should I do?

Quote: Originally Posted by klg534 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My presents came!!! @yousoldtheworld thank you thank you thank you. Let's be best friends please!! You are awesome and amazing. I will post tons of pictures later tonight. Gotta take the sisters boyfriend shopping for her Xmas gifts lol.

Ahhhhhh I am so relieved! I had about a million heart attacks waiting for that to get to you, lol! <3

UPS is being amazing right now.

They are going to see if my Santee's package is still sitting on her porch tomorrow.

If it is they will take it back, leave a note and re-deliver it on Thursday.

And keep trying until she returns.

They say it's up to the driver's discretion whether to leave a note or leave the package.

It typically depends on how safe the neighborhood is.

Something I never knew.

Anyway, very frustrating she may not get it before the holidays.

But at least I can be assured it won't get stolen.

(fingers crossed)

Ah! the wonders of modern technology. I'm on a southwest flight to the fam for Xmas, and I have MUT to keep me sane. The drooling boyfriend asleep on my shoulder listening to "my cat from hell" isn't helping lol. All this talk of luggage has me anxious, I have a suitcase full of pottery for gifts. Here's hoping they didn't decide to play soccer on the way to the cargo hold. I'd love to be part of the pen pal exchange. I was going through my stash earlier tonight thinking I need to start trading or gifting the swatched stuff I'm not using, it would be so easy to include a little something with a letter. I actually pulled a complete face kit together for my mom, out of my stash as part of her gift. She's 67 and has never worn makeup, but in her retirement she's starting to get into girly stuff. She asked for pink sugar for her Xmas gift, and since she told me at Mother's Day she didn't have any makeup, I thought it might be fun to put something together for her. Soooo, she'll get the perfume and then a surprise palette,lippies, liner, etc. I hope she actually uses it or at least has fun playing.

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  UPS is being amazing right now.

They are going to see if my Santee's package is still sitting on her porch tomorrow.

If it is they will take it back, leave a note and re-deliver it on Thursday.

And keep trying until she returns.

They say it's up to the driver's discretion whether to leave a note or leave the package.

It typically depends on how safe the neighborhood is.

Something I never knew.

Anyway, very frustrating she may not get it before the holidays.

But at least I can be assured it won't get stolen.

(fingers crossed)
That's so nice of them!  

I had a nice chat with my UPS guy the other day about that. He told me for some tiers of packages (whatever that means) they have to leave it - even if the neighborhood seems dangerous or not a secure location to drop off. He said the more "old school" drivers prefer to leave a note because it is safer but less convenient for the recipient. An interesting thing he shared - some retailers who have a lower cost contract REQUIRE UPS to drop it off - even if your porch is a single cement step in a bad neighborhood. Urban Decay has one of these "low cost" contracts as the UPS guy was required to drop my box off the box at the end of my boyfriends moms driveway - in a snow bank... Which was then buried by the snow plow. Jo Malone has this low cost contract too and my poor $120 Christmas present had to be set in the little antechamber between the not secure door and the secure door of my apartment building. UPS guy was paranoid because his wife wears JM haha. The idea is that the company would rather eat the cost of a lost/stolen package over having an unhappy customer who is waiting for the package. Sorry if that was more info than you wanted... I'm glad UPS is being awesome!

UPS is being amazing right now. They are going to see if my Santee's package is still sitting on her porch tomorrow. If it is they will take it back, leave a note and re-deliver it on Thursday. And keep trying until she returns. They say it's up to the driver's discretion whether to leave a note or leave the package. It typically depends on how safe the neighborhood is. Something I never knew. Anyway, very frustrating she may not get it before the holidays. But at least I can be assured it won't get stolen. (fingers crossed)

On the flip side, did you hear about the UPS driver who left a tablet IN A GARBAGE CAN? I don't know about the neighborhood where this happened, but in mine, people go through you garbage can, so anything in there may not make it into the garbage truck. Also: I think it was garbage day. Also: Even if the garbage had been emptied, most garbage cans are COMPLETELY DISGUSTING. What the hell was that driver thinking?

I'm so frustrated with USPS. My girl's gift is sitting in the hub post office nearest her with no movement. I had to ship a little late because the big part of her gift took 12 days to come from one state over, and now I'm sitting and waiting again. I understand that they are busy, but this is really bad. They shouldn't give me the option to pay more to have it delivered even slower. I feel so bad that my girl might get her gift late.

Latest posts

Back