(Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh ok. That is not bad. I have a lot of polishes around 30 that I have never open. So I will be able to pad whoever I get providing they like some of that stuff. This should be fun.

i hope you get me then, lmao! i'm a polish fanatic!

i hope i get someone obsessed with all polishy goodness too...i'd have way too much fun shopping...oh who am i kidding, i'm gonna have fun shopping no matter what! i love giving goodies!

I just wanna know who I have! (I like to have time shop, find sales, investigate them secretly, lol).

And yeah, I remember Zadidoll saying she got a few P.M.'s about stuff people had gotten, but I didn't read anything about people not getting something.

I'm excited because the people that I usually buy presents for aren't into makeup products. It would be fun to buy things other than household items and video games on Black Friday. Plus, I like surprising people (in a good way)  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm excited because the people that I usually buy presents for aren't into makeup products. It would be fun to buy things other than household items and video games on Black Friday. Plus, I like surprising people (in a good way)  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes! This! I love to shop for make up! Love it! But I am the only person who is even remotely interested in it! I always have tons of make up on my Christmas wish list but never get any. My hubby did get me a sephora gift card last year (he's finally catching on after 12 years), but I'm squealing with excitement to pick out & buy make up for someone who will really appreciate & love it! This is going to be a blast!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm excited because the people that I usually buy presents for aren't into makeup products. It would be fun to buy things other than household items and video games on Black Friday. Plus, I like surprising people (in a good way) 
smile.gif

Yes! This! I love to shop for make up! Love it! But I am the only person who is even remotely interested in it! I always have tons of make up on my Christmas wish list but never get any. My hubby did get me a sephora gift card last year (he's finally catching on after 12 years), but I'm squealing with excitement to pick out & buy make up for someone who will really appreciate & love it! This is going to be a blast!!!!
Agreed! I can't wait!

This sound like fun. Too bad I can't join =[ I haven't been a member for a month nor do I have 50 posts

Quote: Originally Posted by LaurenElle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This sound like fun. Too bad I can't join =[ I haven't been a member for a month nor do I have 50 posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The rules for Secret Santa 2013 is now up.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/137818/secret-santa-rules-2013/0_100

A few minor changes but nothing major. Sign ups officially start November 1 however like last year members must have an active account on MUT as of October 1, 2013. If you join MUT after October 1 unfortunately you will not be able to participate. Also, like last year you must have 50 valid posts by November 1. So new members you'll have until November 1 to get those 50 posts in. The minors changes are members are to PM me their personal info rather than email so that I can forward the info to your Secret Santa and the 2nd minor change is that if you have any allergies to please state it in the appropriate thread (to be added at a later date). Oh and the other minor change is to identify yourself by your username in your package to avoid confusion (especially if you participate in other swaps).

I've bolded the relevant parts.  Inaccurate conclusions!

Quote: Originally Posted by LaurenElle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're in luck because the deadline to become a MUT is October 1 and the deadline to reach 50 posts is November 1. November 1 is the day I open Secret Santa registration up.

Even though the limit is $30, I might have to go a bit over. I don't have a lot of people I buy presents for, but I like to go crazy. My favorite part of the holiday season is shopping for gifts!

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even though the limit is $30, I might have to go a bit over. I don't have a lot of people I buy presents for, but I like to go crazy. My favorite part of the holiday season is shopping for gifts!

I have the same problem lol. But I will try to stay within the rules. (It's hard! Plus, I wouldn't be upset if my santa only spent $20. It's not about the return :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  )

I'm so excittteeeedddd! Yet, I don't super *need* anything, but who really does anyway? I'm thinking about what sorts of things to say I would like. I have ideas. I can't wait. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so excittteeeedddd! Yet, I don't super *need* anything, but who really does anyway? I'm thinking about what sorts of things to say I would like. I have ideas. I can't wait.
smile.gif

Exactly...lol. I really only need (And this is a first-world need) powder...but trust me- I've had a wishlist of things I just want in my life lol. I even have an album (Albeit I made it for friends and family, in case they actually get me something- luckily it works for secret santa too!)

Yes, I will have to think about what I want to put on my list.

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the same problem lol. But I will try to stay within the rules. (It's hard! Plus, I wouldn't be upset if my santa only spent $20. It's not about the return :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  )

The way I figure it is, since I'm not spending money on myself, it's okay to spend a little extra. ;D

I have a spending problem. 
eek.gif

I usually have bad experiences with getting crappy and thoughtless gifts from Secret Santa but I keep taking chances. I enjoy shopping for gifts. I put a lot of thought into it. I really try to make the recipient happy. I hope I have a good experience.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I usually have bad experiences with getting crappy and thoughtless gifts from Secret Santa but I keep taking chances. I enjoy shopping for gifts. I put a lot of thought into it. I really try to make the recipient happy. I hope I have a good experience.

I hope you get paired with someone who puts in the same amount of time and thought as you! There's lots of us on here that really want to make the recipient happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know when it comes to gift cards there are restrictions depending on where the person is located at. Example, if you end up paired with someone else who is international they may not be able to use the gift card at all depending on where they're located at.

Quote: Originally Posted by MakeuptheCat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just thinking out loud here...

I'm probably just going to give a gift card - from Mac or Saks/Nordstrom (probably Saks because the Nordstrom gift cards look a bit childish)....So that I'm sure the person likes what they get...And a nice long letter too, haha:)

If I was to purchase makeup it would only be one item (like an eye shadow) or 2 eye shadows (if it was Mac) since it's $30.  I can't buy drugstore makeup because I wouldn't use it myself "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" So if it was only 1 or 2 items that would look really stupid compared to the photos I saw in 2012 that contained a LOT of items.  So I think a gift card might be the best bet especially since the person can then choose what THEY want.

Plus if I ask Jenn (my father) to help me buy makeup for the Secret Santa he would say "OMG is that for YOU???" and I want to appease him before I ask for the scarf.  So I think a gift card is the best bet really.

Honestly, it's about what the person you're giving the gift to likes, not what you like. I know I personally think MAC is overpriced and would never want it, give me drug store (especially from asia!) makeup any day.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly, it's about what the person you giving the gift to likes, not what you like. I know I personally think MAC is overpriced and would never want it, give me drug store makeup any day.

Especially drug store makeup from Taiwan!  It would be so much fun to try some international makeup and beauty items!  Makeupthecat, you have such a great advantage, so many ladies here would LOVE to have you as a Secret Santa!  

Like kawaiimeows said, it's all about what the other person wants!  Just check out their wish list, and have fun 
hug.gif

Back