Do you ever feel like a tiny fish in crazy huge pond?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Design > Template Designer > Background > Click the square box that shows your current background and it will let you select more backgrounds or upload your own

thanks! that is what I was hoping for. I like clean and simple. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it is well laid out, truth be told. Very clean without anything competing with the main body for attention.

I decided to take the plunge and registered my own domain. So I've moved my blog to www.pancua.com

I'm committed to this for at least a year now! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im the same way with font. It has to be a shade of grey or black and a standard arial, times new roman, or my eyes freak out. On my first blog I had a light pink background and darker pink font, but someone thankfully complained that it was hard to read so I switched to black.

My blog currently has 7 followers on GFC And 5 on Google Reader. I want more! Im so jealous of all the girls with thousands of readers. But I shouldn't be greedy, I started my blog only last month! I was featured on the Beauty Army newsletter, but they got the link to my blog wrong :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They had me owning my own .com and didnt have it listed at blogspot. So that was a waste of exposure. They did apologize and feature me on the fb page though.

Do you guys have any good feedback for my layout? (http://mesjoiesdevivre.blogspot.com)
I love reading your reviews, you're very thorough. It's tedious to be as thorough as you are with your subscription box reviews so that's awesome. I don't know if it's my monitor, but the white letters of your header don't show up very well against the light background. I like the background though, so maybe just add a drop shadow or an outline to the header to make it stand out more. (I don't know if you can even do that on blogger lol).

I am pretty computer savvy but its been so long since I've done it that I have no idea lol usually if u google backgrounds and then choose one from a web site they'll give u directions.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where do you go to put in your own background? I feel like an idiot haha usually i'm computer savvy.  I went to template and background but couldn't find an option to add my own.  So i went to advanced and still couldn't find anything besides changing things to solid colors...

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love reading your reviews, you're very thorough. It's tedious to be as thorough as you are with your subscription box reviews so that's awesome. I don't know if it's my monitor, but the white letters of your header don't show up very well against the light background. I like the background though, so maybe just add a drop shadow or an outline to the header to make it stand out more. (I don't know if you can even do that on blogger lol).
thanks!! I really appreciate it. Once I get home from work I'll be switching that up, maybe I'll upload my own transparent image of the text so that I can add more shadow/outline. And I would have never known! lol

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I decided to take the plunge and registered my own domain. So I've moved my blog to www.pancua.com

I'm committed to this for at least a year now! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yay!!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay!!
This is all your fault, lady! 

It was your blog that got me interested in doing this in the first place!  LOL

It is like being subscribed to a blog through email, or you could use a program that puts all of your feeds into one easy to read place.

thanks!

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Design > Template Designer > Background > Click the square box that shows your current background and it will let you select more backgrounds or upload your own

yay I see you found it! Im using one of blogspot's stock images, but it is so pretty! 

I've been thinking about making my own favicon, but I cant think of what it would be. They are so teeny, but Im a nerd with photoshop sometimes.

I definitely felt this way for a while- I still do sometimes.  One day I woke up and knew something had happened because I had 2 posts of mine gain a ton of attention and 50-100 something new subscribers.  I finally figured out that two of my posts were featured on the makeup tag featured page on tumblr.  I was giddy like a school girl.  I finally felt like I made a break, you know?  Then to top if off, I was on the top contributors list for a bit less than a week.  So I gained a good bit more of a following, and it has continued since.  I have a had a couple more posts feautured, and I feel like I have made that first crack in the ice to get across the pond.  (That made NO sense but it sounded nice.  LOL) 
That's awesome! I totally think that having the right "connections" or being featured helps tremendously. Doing exciting collaborations with other bloggers can also help because you can link each others blogs and hopefully pull subscribers from each others blogs! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I totally feel like a tiny fish
frown.gif
I just started my blog and have no idea how to get followers? I know it won't happen over night but any advice would be so greatly appreciated. This is my Blog so far http://starletmuse.wordpress.com/

i struggle with the issue of quality vs. quantity. i don't have a lot of time during the week to post so i've limited myself to longer, what i feel are more comprehensive posts on the weekends. not sure if i should post more, shorter posts instead.

thoughts on that from anyone?

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i struggle with the issue of quality vs. quantity. i don't have a lot of time during the week to post so i've limited myself to longer, what i feel are more comprehensive posts on the weekends. not sure if i should post more, shorter posts instead.

thoughts on that from anyone?
I pretty much do the same thing. I work almost constantly during the week. Weekends are the only time for me to take good photos or to write blogs. As a blog reader, I'd much rather read a well thought out post then a bunch of quick posts or reposts of press releases about new collections, etc. 

I feel ya girls! I've been blogging for the last 2 years but I'm definitely more consistent about it now. I think consistency is pretty important for returning visitors. Do you have any tips on how to get people to comment?  I'd really love to interact with people through my blog but am having the hardest time getting comments.

Originally Posted by abeautyfullday /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel ya girls! I've been blogging for the last 2 years but I'm definitely more consistent about it now. I think consistency is pretty important for returning visitors. Do you have any tips on how to get people to comment?  I'd really love to interact with people through my blog but am having the hardest time getting comments.
Me too!  I have only been blogging since March but I don't get many comments.  I see people are reading but not commenting.  

Originally Posted by abeautyfullday /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ask a question at the end of your post to encourage a discussion. Also, interacting with others on other blogs can build a nice rapport with people who will, in turn, interact with you on your blog.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ask a question at the end of your post to encourage a discussion. Also, interacting with others on other blogs can build a nice rapport with people who will, in turn, interact with you on your blog.
Definitely ask a question! Turn off CAPTCHA for comments. Reply back to any comments you do get. 

Latest posts

Back