Do you wear glasses?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, gotcha. Me too! Even after all this time, my peripheral vision is still slightly blurry. I find I have to turn my head more to the side to see things more clearly.

Yeah! I have to do that too!!! It's kinda annoying but better than not being able to see and/or constant headaches.

Ahhh, gotcha. Me too! Even after all this time, my peripheral vision is still slightly blurry. I find I have to turn my head more to the side to see things more clearly.

I can't workout in glasses, but I like to wear them because they're cute:)

I wear a pair of ivory white Prada's. I get tons of compliments on them. But they're becoming a bit too loose and they'll fall off of my face easily, so I'm trying to find another pair to replace them. But I'm having a hard time finding another pair that I like. I don't have eye care insurance, so if I'm going to buy frames I want to be able to stick to them for at least a few years.

I wear a pair of ivory white Prada's. I get tons of compliments on them. But they're becoming a bit too loose and they'll fall off of my face easily, so I'm trying to find another pair to replace them. But I'm having a hard time finding another pair that I like. I don't have eye care insurance, so if I'm going to buy frames I want to be able to stick to them for at least a few years.
ugh I know!!! I have insurance but the places with good frames are out of network. My exams/contacts are covered so I pay for glasses about every 1.5-2 years. I wish I could afford multiple high-end frames each year (I'm greedy:) I love white glasses under blacklight! LOVE

Quote: Originally Posted by BratzFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ugh I know!!! I have insurance but the places with good frames are out of network. My exams/contacts are covered so I pay for glasses about every 1.5-2 years. I wish I could afford multiple high-end frames each year (I'm greedy:) I love white glasses under blacklight! LOVE

If you have a Saks OFF FIFTH or Nordstrom Rack, you can buy designer sunglasses for the fraction of the price. You can then pop out the tinted lenses and get them fitted with normal prescription lenses. However, the frames have to be thick enough to hold the prescription lens and not be too curved. 

My ray bans are sunglasses that I had perscription lenses. These same model sunglasses in their eyeglass equivalent were more expensive. The sunglasses loophole is the best!

If you have a Saks OFF FIFTH or Nordstrom Rack, you can buy designer sunglasses for the fraction of the price. You can then pop out the tinted lenses and get them fitted with normal prescription lenses. However, the frames have to be thick enough to hold the prescription lens and not be too curved. 

Unfortunately I have to wear glasses ALL the time. I usually take them off for pictures, though. I cannot wear contact lenses which is a bummer for me because I look so much better without glasses!

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyofAsgard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Unfortunately I have to wear glasses ALL the time. I usually take them off for pictures, though. I cannot wear contact lenses which is a bummer for me because I look so much better without glasses!
Same here. I can't wear contact lenses but I look so much better without glasses *pout*

May I ask why you can't wear them? I can't wear them because of dry eye and astigmatism. Even contact lenses specifically made for astigmatism don't work. My eyes turn bloodshot red almost immediately after putting them in and it feels like someone is pointing a blow dryer at my eyes on a high setting! I can't wear them more than 20 minutes. It sucks! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

May I ask why you can't wear them?
I can't wear them because of dry eye and astigmatism. Even contact lenses specifically made for astigmatism don't work. My eyes turn bloodshot red almost immediately after putting them in and it feels like someone is pointing a blow dryer at my eyes on a high setting! I can't wear them more than 20 minutes. It sucks!
frown.gif

I have astigmatism and "alternating lazy eyes" (I don't know the correct medical term). Basically one of my eyes is usually looking out into the distance. 
frown.gif
 I hate the way contacts feel and they are a pain to remove because my pupils don't stay still when I'm removing contacts.

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have astigmatism and "alternating lazy eyes" (I don't know the correct medical term). Basically one of my eyes is usually looking out into the distance. 
frown.gif
 I hate the way contacts feel and they are a pain to remove because my pupils don't stay still when I'm removing contacts.
I was born with a lazy left eye (pointed inward). 

I wish I could get Lasik so I wouldn't have to wear glasses anymore.

I was born with a lazy left eye (pointed inward). 

I wish I could get Lasik so I wouldn't have to wear glasses anymore.

I plan on looking into getting Lasik eye surgery. I wanted to get surgery to straighten my lazy eyes but I was told that there would be a 5% chance of brain damage and I didn't want to risk that.

I have been wearing glasses since 2nd grade I think... I used to wear contacts from maybe 8th grade - the time I had my son when I was 19. I am 27 now... Once I had him, I gave up! However, a few days ago, I did go and have an exam for contacts and I do have a pair. Maybe I will wear them tomorrow to work and see how that goes... I think I am going to look so weird!

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are these foamy things called Wedgees that you can get off Amazon that you can stick over the back ends of your glasses (where they rest behind your ears) and it'l help hold them in place. Could be worth a shot!

I find that as I get older (being 29 now), I tend to need them more and more these days.  Initially, I just used them for reading/driving, but lately, when I don't have my glasses, I've found myself not recognizing people from a distance; a little embarrassing at times lol...  I have my normal pair, and then a pair for prescription sunglasses as my eyes are also quite sensitive to the sun.  So yeah, I pretty much always have a pair on me of some kind.

Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes I do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 99% of the time! My frames are ray bans; you can see it on my profile picture.
I LOVE your glasses! 

Latest posts

Back