Do you wear glasses?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I voted for OTHER coz i'm supposed to wear glasses for television & reading but i never do. Actually my sister uses contacts all the time but is so fed up of them that she's having laser surgery on her eyes in a months time!

Wow - this is a great topic.

I've been having problems with my contacts lately too and I've been switching between glasses and my lenses. I just had a "nice" pair of glasses made up. After wearing contact lenses for so many years, I find it really hard to get used to wearing glasses, even occasionally. But I'm concerned / thinking that sometime in the future, I might not be able to wear my contacts anymore.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Wow - this is a great topic.

I've been having problems with my contacts lately too and I've been switching between glasses and my lenses. I just had a "nice" pair of glasses made up. After wearing contact lenses for so many years, I find it really hard to get used to wearing glasses, even occasionally. But I'm concerned / thinking that sometime in the future, I might not be able to wear my contacts anymore.
icon_sad.gif

Amethyst, I know the feeling! When my eyes started to get dry, my doctor had me try every type of lens, solution, and eyedrop he could think of, but ultimately nothing worked and now I wear glasses every day.
frown.gif
It was very frustrating because for a long time we couldn't figure out why my eyes were so dry -- the dr said that women usually don't get this dry of eyes until they hit their 40's and start experiencing hormonal changes. (Incidently my mom now has dry eyes and can't wear contacts anymore either, after 30 years of wearing them!) We ruled out allergies and reactions to eye makeup, which can also cause dry eyes. I've decided that I *think* my eyes are dry because I am sleeping with my eyes open! Some of my roommates have said my eyes are open a crack when I sleep, and my eyes are painfully dry in the morning before I use eyedrops. However I don't understand why they can't produce more tears after I wake up and why they stay dry all day
frown.gif

Anyways, good luck, and I hope you find something that works for you!

OMG - YES! You are SO right on target! My doctor told me part of the cause is aging! I'm only 43 and this doctor is older than me!
icon_frown.gif

Anyway, I am alternating days wearing contacts and glasses because I am not ready to give up my lenses yet. I've been wearing them since I was 17
icon_cry.gif

Well, you may just be going through normal hormonal changes then. I, however, am only 23 so my hormones better not be already fluctuating and drying out my eyes!

I wear contacts every day, glasses at night and in the morning until I pop my contacts back in, lol. My glasses are rather cute, though, they are Jones New York kind of rectangular tortoiseshell frames but I just prefer wearing contacts. I started wearing glasses in 2nd grade and it got old pretty quick. I got my contacts when I was 15 or 16.

I wear contacts by day and glasses at night. I would wear glasses more often but I am very blind and even though I have thin lenses, you can still tell I'm blind cause you can see all the magnifying layers if you turn it to the side.

Here's my glasses (but mine are black):

APP00200.jpg

I have had glasses since 3rd grade and contacts since 7th grade.

Recently, I went to the Dr's office cause my eyes were irritating me and the Dr told me that I need to use eye drops more to keep the eyes moisturized. Apparently, contacts use will make your eyes get these tiny spots in the fleshy, parts around the eye and the only way to prevent this is to use eye drops regularly. And the only way to get rid of them is to stop using contacts for a long time- can't remember how long. Sucks.
icon_sad.gif

I want to get LASIK cause I'm tired of contacts and glasses and am a little afraid of the spots (see above).

*edit* In case anyone in interested, the glasses are Bebe Ballet glasses. The inside of the black frames is a tortoise shell (or tiger or whatever).

Originally Posted by wongy74 I wear contacts by day and glasses at night. I would wear glasses more often but I am very blind and even though I have thin lenses, you can still tell I'm blind cause you can see all the magnifying layers if you turn it to the side.
Here's my glasses (but mine are black):

APP00200.jpg

I have had glasses since 3rd grade and contacts since 7th grade.

Recently, I went to the Dr's office cause my eyes were irritating me and the Dr told me that I need to use eye drops more to keep the eyes moisturized. Apparently, contacts use will make your eyes get these tiny spots in the fleshy, parts around the eye and the only way to prevent this is to use eye drops regularly. And the only way to get rid of them is to stop using contacts for a long time- can't remember how long. Sucks.
icon_sad.gif

I want to get LASIK cause I'm tired of contacts and glasses and am a little afraid of the spots (see above).

*edit* In case anyone in interested, the glasses are Bebe Ballet glasses. The inside of the black frames is a tortoise shell (or tiger or whatever).

these are cute Jess! I bet you look 'studious' ! I tried on a pair similar to these when I was buying mine, and the shape flatter pretty much any face - good choice!
redface.gif

Thanks! Your glasses are cute too! I'm no good with wire frames though. I like to fall asleep in my glasses and smoosh them around so that they're all bent out of shape.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 these are cute Jess! I bet you look 'studious' ! I tried on a pair similar to these when I was buying mine, and the shape flatter pretty much any face - good choice!
redface.gif

I have been wearing contacts since I was close like 14. I started off wearing glasses and hated them. After a year or so, I finally conviced my parents to let me get contacts and I have been a contant lense wearer ever since. I do have a pair of glasses that I keep with me just in case something happens to my contact lenses and mostly use them at night or when I am up late studying. I have astigmatism so my contact lenses are a bit thicker than the regular ones. My eyes get really dry especially around a/c but I manage.

At my last doctor visit, I asked about LASIK and they told me that I had to wait until I was 27 to see if I was a candidate for the surgery. I guess my astigmatism isn't as advanced and also, my doctor said that my eyes stop changing around 27.

Here is what my glasses look like right now. I like them and they are comfy enough.

Mariposa, your glasses are very similar to mine, even the same color -- mine are just a little "flatter" and "wider" ovals, if that makes sense!

I am surprised how many girls voted they wore glasses on a regular basis, considering I can't think of anyone who is wearing glasses in their avatar pic! Of course I shouldn't complain since I don't like posting any pictures of myself online (I am paranoid about putting too much personal info out on the web!)

i'm supposed to wear glasses, but i don't. i have a pair i don't like. i can't wear contacts because i HATE anything having to do with my eyes (except eyeliner and mascara, of course). i'm really weird about it!

my vision isn't so bad, but i can't see far away.

I wear contacts most of the time i always hated my glasses and while wearing contacts my perscriptions don't change as much as they did when i only wore my glasses.

The eye doctor said my astigmatism is bad enough that contacts are impossible. I wear glasses and I only take them off to shower and sleep. I've learned that prescription sunglasses are very important as well and will be getting those next year.

Yeah, I wear invisible trifocals with transitional lenses, (damn expensive too), that way I don't have to carry a set of prescription sunglasses with me.

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I wear invisible trifocals with transitional lenses, (damn expensive too), that way I don't have to carry a set of prescription sunglasses with me.
hey! I wear invisible trifocals too!!!

I just got them this past month.

Hey cool! How are you finding them in terms of adjustment? I've had mine for just over a year, and for me, the first couple of days it felt like the sidewalk was up to my waist, like I was in the shallow end of a swimming pool, and negotiating stairs in low light was a wee bit of a challenge, lol

Same! At first it was HORRIBLE. I felt dizzy and it was weird. But now I'm ok! The transitions between grades aren't too drastic though

Hey cool! How are you finding them in terms of adjustment? I've had mine for just over a year, and for me, the first couple of days it felt like the sidewalk was up to my waist, like I was in the shallow end of a swimming pool, and negotiating stairs in low light was a wee bit of a challenge, lol

Oh, you got transitions as well. Yeah, same with mine. The sales lady was trying to upsale me a pair of prescription sunglasses, y'know at 50% off, I declined as I didn't want to carry around yet another item on me... How do find the transitions over sunglasses so far?

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, you got transitions as well. Yeah, same with mine.

The sales lady was trying to upsale me a pair of prescription sunglasses, y'know at 50% off, I declined as I didn't want to carry around yet another item on me...

How do find the transitions over sunglasses so far?
ohh. oops. no i dont have transitions! i dont know why i phrased it like that. i meant like, the different grades in my trifocals were weird to get used to at first! 

Latest posts

Back