Does anyone here have Rheumatoid Arthritis

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with RA a few months ago and cannot get in to see a Rheumatologist until Oct. 4th. Here lately, for the past couple of months I have been having extreme fatigue. I have fallen asleep at my computer, on the couch sitting up, almost while driving. I have NEVER done that before. I have to literally fight to keep my eyes open and still loose that battle. And this is all day long. I was just wondering if this is part of the RA? Anita

Hi Anita,

Are you currently on any medication for your RA? It could be the pain relieving meds that is making you so sleepy. Are you taking any suppliments to help your condition? I hope you feel better soon.
icon_smile.gif

Sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with RA. Unfortunately I don't know about RA about the symptoms. Feeling that tired is terrible. Did you go to the doctors and find out if the tiredness is linked with RA?

Originally Posted by candy Hi Anita,Are you currently on any medication for your RA? It could be the pain relieving meds that is making you so sleepy. Are you taking any suppliments to help your condition? I hope you feel better soon.
icon_smile.gif

Hello Candy, the fatigue was before I was put on medication. I know one side effect of just about all pain med's are they make you drowsy. Although, pain med's no longer make me drowsy. No matter what kind it is. I was not on any pain med's during the time of my severe fatigue. And my other med's I have been on for so long, all side effects are long gone. I went to my Rheumatologist appt. on Oct. 4th. He said I do have RA in both hands and wrists. The rest of the pain and fatigue is either Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lupus or a combination of them. I have to have more tests done and I go back Dec. 6th. I will find out then what I have. He thinks it is Fibromyalgia brought on by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He started me on an arthritis med., stronger muscle relaxer (which do not make me drowsy either, I have been on them for over a year now) and a pain med. My fatigue is almost gone (except when I have a flare up), the pain is going away (is worse during a flare up, though), so now all I am waiting for is the swelling to go down in my hands, fingers and wrists. The doctor said that will take some time to go down. Probably a month or so. I am so happy to not be in pain 24/7 anymore! It not only messed me up physically, but mentally as well. I was in so much pain and so worn down mentally, the small things like shampooing my hair I could barely do. Although I do have flare ups still, they are no where near as bad as before. I am well on my way back to life!
Anita

Hi Anita, I am so relieved to know that you have been to your Dr, and that your symptoms are being looked into. It could very well be a combination of the Fibromialgia,Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Lupas you talked about. I hope the test will reveal the problem. Also i totally understand and can identify with what you sais about it affecting you menatally as well as psyically and the stress and pain can make it very difficult to do simple tasks like washing your hair and looking after yourself and that in its self can make one feel very low and down. I am so very glad to know that your pain in now under control,this must be a big relief for you.I,me happy you are feeling postive again and getting your life back. Have you thought about taking any suppliments for you RA? There are a few things you could take to help with the swelling and your joints. I have heard that simple things like Cod Liver Oil and other Fish Oils can be helpful for the joints and your cartlige antiinflamotory.Copper bracelets and magnetic therapy can work wonders. Good Luck on Dec 6th with your tests (i will be thinking about you),please let us know how you get on. Glad to know your feeling better. PaulinexXx

Latest posts

Back