DOES ANYONE LIKE OR DO GAMING?????? PS3 or XBOX360?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh, so much nostalgia for WoW, especially at this time of year when I just want to do the egghunt as a Shadow Bunny. My husband and I stopped playing during Wrath right after the raid that followed Ulduar was released. Raiding was starting to feel like our second jobs. I still remember I was calculating how to get my hunter geared up (I raided with my Priest and my other characters were undergeared)  during a work break when I received a text from my husband suggesting we quit. Looking at the calculations scattered on my desk, I suddenly felt so relieved and decided that a break was definitely in order. We picked up again at the start of Cata and then quit again within a year. Many of our friends no longer played and were on Oceanic time while we were back on US time. Plus, we once again felt the gearing grind and I hated the dungeon finder system. It killed the sense of server community. We miss what we once had in WoW, but we know we won't have that if we were to return. I've played several different MMOs since. LoTR for a while - love the story, disliked the clunky game mechanics. TERA - gorgeous, fun playing style, but truly a Korean grinder. Currently playing GW2, which I think has hit the happy medium for us, especially with our busy schedule and current income. We'd love to try ESO, but we both have major licensing exams on the horizon and can't let ourselves get sucked into a new game. 
I leveled my Mage up to 85 now I'm leveling a priest up to 90. They've changed some stuff and nerfed the crap out of the game. It really does feel like work now. I was thinking that earlier today!

Here, sounds interesting. Thanks for the info was quite helpful. I would like to try Gears of War online, would be interesting I think. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ah, I think we may have been talking about different things. GW2 = Guild Wars 2. =)
Ohhh, whoops. Sorry, that was a terrible mistake. I thought g stood for gears and w stood for wars. Whooppsies. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeeOmega /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sigh, so much nostalgia for WoW, especially at this time of year when I just want to do the egghunt as a Shadow Bunny. My husband and I stopped playing during Wrath right after the raid that followed Ulduar was released. Raiding was starting to feel like our second jobs. I still remember I was calculating how to get my hunter geared up (I raided with my Priest and my other characters were undergeared)  during a work break when I received a text from my husband suggesting we quit. Looking at the calculations scattered on my desk, I suddenly felt so relieved and decided that a break was definitely in order. We picked up again at the start of Cata and then quit again within a year. Many of our friends no longer played and were on Oceanic time while we were back on US time. Plus, we once again felt the gearing grind and I hated the dungeon finder system. It killed the sense of server community. We miss what we once had in WoW, but we know we won't have that if we were to return.

I've played several different MMOs since. LoTR for a while - love the story, disliked the clunky game mechanics. TERA - gorgeous, fun playing style, but truly a Korean grinder. Currently playing GW2, which I think has hit the happy medium for us, especially with our busy schedule and current income. We'd love to try ESO, but we both have major licensing exams on the horizon and can't let ourselves get sucked into a new game. 
Have you tried the newest FF mmo?  That one is really good and I liked it a lot more than GW2 which was dead in the water once you hit max lvl for me.  Endgame raiding was non-existent.  If you like storylines SWTOR was AWESOME until you hit endgame and the guild I was in cleared everything and it just got boring.  Then they switched to FTP and died.  It was already slowly dying due to lack of endgame and lack of storyline/questing once you hit a certain area but I have to say out of all of the MMORPG's I've played, SWTOR had the best storyline questing.  

And I agree with you, WoW will never be like it once was.  I miss vanilla raiding.  I miss the time when an epic was actually an epic.  

Quote: Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Have you tried the newest FF mmo?  That one is really good and I liked it a lot more than GW2 which was dead in the water once you hit max lvl for me.  Endgame raiding was non-existent.  If you like storylines SWTOR was AWESOME until you hit endgame and the guild I was in cleared everything and it just got boring.  Then they switched to FTP and died.  It was already slowly dying due to lack of endgame and lack of storyline/questing once you hit a certain area but I have to say out of all of the MMORPG's I've played, SWTOR had the best storyline questing.  

And I agree with you, WoW will never be like it once was.  I miss vanilla raiding.  I miss the time when an epic was actually an epic.  
My husband says the same thing. He had a bunch of old gear in his bank and I guess you can't get it anymore and he didn't realize he vendered it
icon_eek.gif
! I still think having pandas is weird. It seems so random with the game.. LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ZeeOmega /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sigh, so much nostalgia for WoW, especially at this time of year when I just want to do the egghunt as a Shadow Bunny. My husband and I stopped playing during Wrath right after the raid that followed Ulduar was released. Raiding was starting to feel like our second jobs. I still remember I was calculating how to get my hunter geared up (I raided with my Priest and my other characters were undergeared)  during a work break when I received a text from my husband suggesting we quit. Looking at the calculations scattered on my desk, I suddenly felt so relieved and decided that a break was definitely in order. We picked up again at the start of Cata and then quit again within a year. Many of our friends no longer played and were on Oceanic time while we were back on US time. Plus, we once again felt the gearing grind and I hated the dungeon finder system. It killed the sense of server community. We miss what we once had in WoW, but we know we won't have that if we were to return.

I've played several different MMOs since. LoTR for a while - love the story, disliked the clunky game mechanics. TERA - gorgeous, fun playing style, but truly a Korean grinder. Currently playing GW2, which I think has hit the happy medium for us, especially with our busy schedule and current income. We'd love to try ESO, but we both have major licensing exams on the horizon and can't let ourselves get sucked into a new game. 

So far GW2 is doing fine for me since I'm leveling at a snail's pace. Seriously, snail's pace especially considering how easy it is to get XP in the game. But the last of a monthly subscription fee helps with the taking it easy mentality. I'm currently having a hard time playing without feeling guilty about not studying. 

SWTOR never really appealed to me. I think it may have been the setting. But I did closely follow what was happening to it for a while, given the peculiarities of what EA was reporting numbers-wise. Was is SWTOR that they did a major disservice to, almost entirely overhauling the design relatively late in the design process? Maybe I'm thinking of a different game. 

I haven't tried the FF mmo and I'm actually not sure if it's on the allowed list. My husband apparently really got sucked into the previous iteration of the FF MMO before he met me and then decided he needed to remove himself from it and get a bit more human interaction. 

@Esthylove The pandas struck me as so random when I heard of it. I know they were an easter egg in Warcraft 2 or 3(?), but still. The Wargen were also a really odd addition for me.

Back