"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DiorShow and Benefit Bad Gal lash are exactly the same thing... but you didn't hear that from me. (one of those same company, same product, diff. packaging) and both are great, just that Benefit's cost less for more product.

MAC foundation broke me out bad, the pressed blot powder is terrible.

La Mer was horrible.

Originally Posted by Scarlette DiorShow and Benefit Bad Gal lash are exactly the same thing... but you didn't hear that from me. (one of those same company, same product, diff. packaging) and both are great, just that Benefit's cost less for more product. Really? I will have to check it out. Tried BadGal before but maybe I got a bad batch.
Nice to see you back on the boards!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette DiorShow and Benefit Bad Gal lash are exactly the same thing... but you didn't hear that from me. (one of those same company, same product, diff. packaging) and both are great, just that Benefit's cost less for more product.

La Mer was horrible.

Really? hmmm... never tried the Benefit mascara - but I'm really liking the Diorshow. I use the MAC select moistureblend foundation & the dark blot powder... I really like them. I don't seem to get breakouts
icon_wink.gif
I wasn't too thrilled w/ MAC's liquid foundations that the MA put on me... felt really tight and drying.
rolleyes.gif

The best liquid foundation would have to be Becca because it also has an of SPF20 and it wasn't greasy on my combo skin. As for something you shouldn't waste your money on...Dove Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF 15. It made my skin feel so greasy except on those rare days when my skin was dry. Also it caused my skin to breakout so much and I thought it was just my acne for so long. As soon as I stopped using this my skin cleared up so much. I thought Dove moisturizers would be great and perfect for my sensitive skin--I was so wrong.

I tried Bad Gal lash but just couldn't get used to the big wand
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette DiorShow and Benefit Bad Gal lash are exactly the same thing... but you didn't hear that from me. (one of those same company, same product, diff. packaging) and both are great, just that Benefit's cost less for more product.

La Mer was horrible.

Originally Posted by lilla I tried Bad Gal lash but just couldn't get used to the big wand
icon_sad.gif
I actually like a big wand but didnt like how it clumped on me. Maybe I will have to try it when I go to Sephora or a Benefit counter.

You should have seen me after trying it... I had mascara not only on my lashes, on e/lids and on the skin under my bottom lashes
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
looked very scary.

Originally Posted by Marisol I actually like a big wand but didnt like how it clumped on me. Maybe I will have to try it when I go to Sephora or a Benefit counter.

Welcome to MakeupTalk on your first post! Take care and see ya around

Originally Posted by pickeringlucia

I totally wasted a ton of money on Christian Dior's waterproof mascara and waterproof eye lining pencil - they both smudge terriblt!

L'Oreal Feel Natural foundation -- broke me out big time, and foundations don't break me out!

Originally Posted by Tabitha Demeter Fragrances...stinky farts stick around longer than these do, unfortunately! Oh I just had to write over this one! You really hit it with the Demeter Fragrances! While they really do smell just like the real thing, they do NOT last. Spray it on, walk out of the room & it's gone! I guess you could spend a lot more money & purchase body lotion along with the spray to layer it...even though I've never done this, my feeling is it still wouldn't work!
smile.gif

Totally agree! Same goes for Wild & Crazy cosmetics (I found them at KMart). They're only a $1 a piece. My thought was since they're so cheap, I'll try some new colors out...eyeshadows didn't last beyond an hour, eye pencils smeared off immediately & lip pencils too hard to use. The lipsticks have some decent colors but are so thin textured they come off right away as well.

Clinique Sheer Shaper lip pencil. I actively HATE this lipliner. I remembered using some Clinique lipliner that I loved when I was in my early teens, and recalling a very creamy application I ordered this because it was advertised as 'ultra-creamy.' It's total nonsense. This pencil is so hard, but when I sharpen it, it constantly breaks, or it breaks deep inside the pencil and the color stick falls out. I've never even been able to use it on my lips. I have to press too hard to make a stroke of color, and when I attempted to apply it to my mouth it was scratchy. I despise it, and I don't even despise the worst makeups!

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

Neutrogena Moisture Shine Gloss

Dessert Treats and Dessert Beauty Lip gloss

Hmmm I kinda don't like this thread. I think even the products that didn't work for me probably work for someone else. But here it goes.....

Dont waste your money on.....

MAC Foundation- breakouts for days

ProActiv- The worst skin of my life

Maybelline Great Lash- Flakes and more flakes

NARS Shadows- No pigment??? The blushes sure have color!

MAC studio fix...made me break out for weeks!!!

Cover girl eye shadows.. no matter how much i applied...it never had the staying power and i was never able to see the colors

Neutrogena face lotion

Some of the products listed I like. Anyway, the ones I hate the most are Maybelline Great Lash (bought it b/c makeup artists rave so much) but worst mascara I have ever used, clump and smear so bad under my eyes I couldnt even leave home and it was waterproof. Clinique perfumes, the worst is the main one, I almost puke when I smell it, I hate Happy also, smells like rotten oranges and makes me gag, any of the long last lipsticks that paint your lips and you put the gloss on, yeah color stays but my lips shrivel up and you apply gloss all day so whats the point. Loreal lipsticks, the taste is awful.

Rimmel Vinyl Lip Gloss - u will be not able to open your mounth

Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Quads - almost no pigment inside

Most of Avon products

Lancome mascaras - very good quality but they dry out after one month

Originally Posted by dixiewolf Some of the products listed I like. Anyway, the ones I hate the most are Maybelline Great Lash (bought it b/c makeup artists rave so much) but worst mascara I have ever used, clump and smear so bad under my eyes I couldnt even leave home and it was waterproof. Clinique perfumes, the worst is the main one, I almost puke when I smell it, I hate Happy also, smells like rotten oranges and makes me gag, any of the long last lipsticks that paint your lips and you put the gloss on, yeah color stays but my lips shrivel up and you apply gloss all day so whats the point. Loreal lipsticks, the taste is awful. I agree on the Maybelline Great Lash... I bought it and in my defense I tried it SEVERAL times, trying to figure out if there was a real trick to using it, bc so many MA's had raved about it...
Honestly I hated it! Like you said, it clumped REALLY bad... I have found that the waterproof one is more dry and doesn't clump as badly, but still it isn't anything to rave about...
icon_neutral.gif

La Mer was horrible.

I have never heard this, I love DiorShow. I saw the BadGal but it wasnt waterproof so I got Diorshow waterproof. Maybe they will one make that one day, trust me, in this sweaty heat,
cool.gif
no mascara lasts on me unless it is waterproof.

Latest posts

Back