Dramatic lips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you like to have colorful lips...like red and dramatic lips?

I just can't do it.
icon_redface.gif
I *have* to have a fairly natural lip look (usually glossy though).. I feel funny if I have too much color on my lips.

Should I suck it up and go for a more dramatic lip even though I might be self conscious, or should I stick with what I'm comfortable with?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm with ye all on this one too.. I never wear my lips any other colour than nude or pale shades. I just can't do it! I'd love to be more daring though because i think the perfect shade of red on some people makes them look so glamorous

My skin is so pale, if I wear anything other than a very pale pink or clear with a little glitter, it looks too orange or dark for me! (Even nude lipstick occasionally looks a little odd!)

I love red on other people but on me I feel it looks horrible. So, I stick with natural colors and clear glosses.

I admit it. I go for the natural colors. I can't do the bold look. If I do I feel self conscious. I've tried to branch off a little bit and have bought some colors that are a little more than the natural look but still not dramatic. Something I can live with. However I've noticed that the different colored lipsticks don't get used too often. I still reach for the nude/natural colors more and prefer them.

We're all real scaredy cats, aren't we!! (Do ye use that phrase in the US by the way??)

This is funny! I figured everyone would tell me I needed to suck it up and be a little bolder, lol! I guess you're right, laura, we are all scaredy cats!
biggrin.gif
(and yes, we do use that term here
smile.gif
) I love how you use the term "ye," too - so cool!

Thanks for all the responses. Nice to know I'm not alone in this!

I can't do bright or dark lips either.

I've bought and tried so many, but I'm just very uncomfortable and self conscience.

I usually stick to light pinks or nudes. Occasionally I'll wear a medium lip color like MAC "O", but that's very rare.

Latest posts

Back