Drinking tea can loose weight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

stannyliu

I heard of that drink tea can loose weight, is it true? I have friend who is slim and no matter how many food she eating, she can not be fat. In addition, she never do some sport, just drink tea! And, The tea is normal tea. 

The weight can be lost by consuming less calories or burning more calories, or both. And that don't mean not eating. On the opposite eating more clean food. For example each celery stick makes u burn 5 calories. I drink tea everyday, I wish it gave me six pack already :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

no the only thing that you can do to lose weight is: stop eating too much, stop eating bad stuff and start doing sports! sadly, there's no miracle stuff that will turn you into a princess!

If the tea is unsweetened and is replacing full sugar drinks, I'd think it could be an aid to increase weight loss. There's no calories in unsweetened tea. A 20oz soda has something like 240 calories.

Actually, it does. I have researched about it and found out that it helps. Green tea is proven to be one of the most effective. They can increase the metabolism of a person, thus, you will burn more calories by drinking it. However, it does not work as fast as exercising. 

I have heard that drinking tea can help, but is it any kind  of tea?  Or does it have to be green tea?

The best way to lose weight is through a balanced diet and regular exercise. Green Tea is a powerful antioxidant that can aid in weight loss by improving your metabolism, which in turn allows your body to burn fat faster. Green Tea contains an active ingredient, epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which is known for its antioxidant activity. Recent studies have shown that Green Tea reduces food intake, decreases leptin levels and increases thermogenesis. It is usually recommended to drink 3-4 cups of Green Tea a day in order to receive its full health benefits.

Yes, in a way drinking tea may be helpful in using weight. Try having tea after breakfast & one hour after lunch. Note that having too much tea can result in acidity.

Green tea is said to help with weight loss. I try and drink a cup a day but not sure if it's doing anything. Lol

It´s also about genetic, your friend is slim maybe because she was born with a faster metabolism, while other people struggle to mantain their weight or to lose weigh, that doesn´t mean you can´t lose weight, but it´s just easier for your friend, teas like, green tea, cinnamon tea and ginger tea can help you to boost your metabolism and burn fat easier, and also drink plenty of water, but it´s not just about the tea, you have to have a healthy diet, and be phisically active and sleep well, if your want your body to have a better metabolism, but teas can HELP you to lose weight

I am not sure about normal tea reduce weight but I am sure about Green Tea reduce weight.

Very few people may be knowing, that green tea is a product of the same plant as the black tea. The processing technique used for the leaves varies. This gives green tea the medicinal edge over the regular tea!

Green tea is full of antioxidants called catechins. They help to tackle the free radicals in the body. Free radicals are believed to be the cause of a number of human diseases.

Catechins present in the green tea help in eating out the body fat. Not only this, the reduce cholesterol levels and keep blood pressure under control. On top of it, no need to alter your exercise training schedule or the diet which you follow.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Green tea is one of the best natural ingredient for weight loss! I use it 3 times a day, with lemon and sometimes I add honey too. 

I am 99% sure Green tea will reduce your weight. Green tea is hailed for its numerous health benefits.

The beverage has fast gained popularity all over the world for its role in improved heart health, skin diseases, and conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and arthritis. Green tea is also being hailed for the weight loss benefits it offers.

At least 60% of Canadians are above their ideal body weight, increasing their risk of chronic conditions such as type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, and cardiovascular (CV) disease. Weight loss products made from natural sources appeal to consumers. The (incorrect) assumption that "natural" usually means safe. Green tea is one of the most common natural ingredients included in most weight loss products available in Canada. Consumers and pharmacists want to know if the evidence supports the use of green tea in weight loss. [PubMed]

Indian Nutritionist and Lifestyle Coach Karishma Chawla offers the following advice and tips to follow for maximum health benefits:

1. Green tea contains high concentrations of polyphenols such as flavonoids and catechins which are known to be powerful antioxidants that help combat free radicals - which can transform cells in your body and even cells Can cause premature ageing, cancer and other diseases - neutralizing them.

Tip: Add a dash of lime to enhance these properties.

2. Green tea helps to increase metabolism and burn fat.

Tip: 2-3 cups of fat a day can help moderately.

3. One of the most powerful compounds in green tea is the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which has been shown to treat various diseases.

Tip: consume it every day to enjoy the benefits.

4. It also contains caffeine which is a well-known stimulant and helps in fat loss.

Tips:
  • Avoid being sensitive to caffeine
  • Best was before five because it contains caffeine
  • Caffeine also has antioxidant properties due to it being a polyphenol
  • Along with others such as oolong tea is also used in an anti-inflammatory diet.

5. L-Theanine alpha in green tea is known to help stimulate brain waves. These waves are known for their ability to help increase focus and concentration.

Tip: It cannot make up for a bad diet.

Points to note:
1. Basically green tea should not contain any calories. So check the label to increase the calories or any flavour that comes in the form of any sugar.
2. Also, choose a plain green tea product instead of an infusion that can add calories or be a laxative agent for weight loss. [Femina]

Teas have catechins that can boost your metabolism that helps your body break down fats more quickly. Plus, the caffeine in many teas increases your energy use, causing your body to burn more calories.

Latest posts

Back