dry acne prone skin, help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm really hoping I can get some good product recommendations here!  I appreciate any advice or suggestions.

I moved to Georgia from Southern CA about 3 years ago (I'm 26 now).  Since moving to GA I have had all kinds of skin problems.  My biggest concerns are combating acne and dry skin simultaneously.  My skin has also become much more sensitive/red and I am more prone to have allergic reactions to topical products (never had a single allergic reaction when I was in CA).  I've been going to a dermatologist for years now, but just can't seem to get my skin under control here in GA.  Every time I visit CA my skin clears up and goes back to how it used to be.

I would love to hear if anyone has had similar skin problems when moving to a new climate!  I would also love to hear about any products anyone with similar problems has had success with!  I really need a good cleanser, moisturizer, and foundation.  I'm on topical prescriptions for the acne, so I'm not really looking for acne treatment products.  I just need good gentle products that won't make me break out.

Thanks for any ideas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It may be the water in your area rather than the climate which is why your having trouble getting your skin under control. Do you have really hard water in your new area? Try getting some sort of filters for your faucets, shower etc, see if that helps.

Everything you have described Is what im going threw now my self. The last week has been hell for me.
icon_cry.gif

Hope , you are prescribed with acne treatment by a physician or Dermatologist. **link removed by mod** try to know whether these products could help you from the problem.

Better avoid taking and applying too much of medicine and topical treatment since it will have a chance to shrink the skin in future.

I just posted this info in another thread and it's related to your problem as well so wanted to post it again as I think it'll really help you. I'm so excited about this stuff and my skin looks great! I just recently received a product I orders from Amazon which is a 20% salicylic acid peel and am absolutely in LOVE! Salicylic acid is a BHA (beta hydroxy acid) which is extremely effective for acne, for any age or sex. Men & women can burn use it and it's extremely safe. I've been having so many problems with my skin this winter it's ridiculous. It's gotten more oily but with flaky patches, my hormonal breakouts are getting worse, my skin has been all bumpy and sand papery feeling. And I'm somebody who has always taken very good care of their skin, exfoliate regularly, eat well, take lots of supplements, avoid all silicone based products, and read all ingredients labels. So this was making me absolutely nuts! Bloody nightmare :-( I'm 43 years old and have had issues with my skin from a very young age. But from the first time I applied this stuff, my skin has started to look amazing! I've used glycolic acids, retinol etc for many years, so this actually didn't leave me with any skin peeling. What it has done, though, is leave my pores so shrunken I can barely see them, it's completely healed some very painful acne spots that were very deep under my skin, and has seriously lightened/balanced all the areas I had on my skin which were uneven in tone or which had slight scarring and even made some slight freckles I had - which were not bothering me at all - completely vanish. It also got rid of my dry patches, which were absolutely horrible looking. Especially under makeup. My skin looks AHMAZING!! Even without makeup! I can't recommend this stuff enough. If you've got any kind of acne problems or excessively oily skin, you've got to give this stuff a try. You won't regret it for a second, I swear. And yes, I had the same problem with hormonal breakouts cropping up in the same places every month. Which, of course, will eventually leave scarring in those spots on anybody. Not anymore! For less than $17, I got one ounce of this stuff, which will last me several months even with daily/every other day usage. I'm ordering the 25% TCA peel, 30% salicylic acid and BHA+ peel tonight, which are more intensive peels. But this one I have now is spectacular for anybody with acne, acne scarring, hormonal acne, dry skin, bumpy skin, flaky patches, etc. There's a slight tingle when I apply it, but it disappears within seconds. Sorry about the typos but my iPhone spellchecker is messing around. There's a few in here I know, but I hope this info helps you. Incidentally, I ordered this product from the US Amazon site. Not sure if it's available on the others. Good luck!

You may want to try to use green as as a toner. I also posted this on other thread.

Here's a simple way to use green tea to tone and tighten your skin, and to get all the other marvelous benefits from it!

Green Tea Toner

Ingredients:

- 2 tsp powdered green tea
 - ½ cup of boiling water

Instructions

Steep the tea in boiling water for 10 minutes.
Allow it to cool.
Then apply it to your face with cotton balls.

Green tea can do even more than that as part of a homemade skin care remedy. Just look at the following health, beauty, and skin
care benefits of green tea:

Lowers your risk of acquiring
rheumatoid arthritis
Heals minor cuts, rashes,
spots, and other blemishes
Reduces acne
Provides a youthful appearance
Treats sunburn
Slows the signs of aging

I have super dry skin that is acne prone. I also have combination skin ( the t-zone thing). I have tried every facial moisturizer/soap on the market. Is there anything anyone can recommend here?

Latest posts

Back