Dry cuts?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, my girlfriend just got her hair cut and the stylist did it while it was dry.It came out really good,It looks very textured and it has a lot of movement.I wanted to try the same technique but I wanted to get other opinions. I have long hair,down to my lower back and I want to keep the length but I want my hair to look textured.any suggestions?

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey, my girlfriend just got her hair cut and the stylist did it while it was dry.It came out really good,It looks very textured and it has a lot of movement.I wanted to try the same technique but I wanted to get other opinions. I have long hair,down to my lower back and I want to keep the length but I want my hair to look textured.any suggestions? Hey!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You can try either a razor layer cut, where they add layers (keep the length) and the ends would be more 'piecey' by using a razor insead of scissors. You can also get a dry cut -where they can add texture where you want it, and give it a more choppy look. Layers are the easiest way to keep length, but get more texture, movement, and style out of the hair. The top layers are shorter, so it won't look as weighed dow, and you can flip the ends under or out, creating many different looks.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hey!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You can try either a razor layer cut, where they add layers (keep the length) and the ends would be more 'piecey' by using a razor insead of scissors. You can also get a dry cut -where they can add texture where you want it, and give it a more choppy look. Layers are the easiest way to keep length, but get more texture, movement, and style out of the hair. The top layers are shorter, so it won't look as weighed dow, and you can flip the ends under or out, creating many different looks.
icon_wink.gif

Thanks Janelle,great advice!Do you know of any good salons in li ?I went to maximus but they were so snotty,I was going to try nubest in manhasset.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Thanks Janelle,great advice!Do you know of any good salons in li ?I went to maximus but they were so snotty,I was going to try nubest in manhasset. I was just going to say that! LOL NUBEST!!!!! AWESOME SALON!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back