Dry Skin Brushing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dry Skin Brushing
wink.gif

Dry skin brushing is a wonderful wake up call to the body, a rejuvenating massage for the skin. It is WELL known that the skin is the LARGEST organ of the body, and is responsible for one-fourth of the body’s detoxification each day, also making it, one of the most IMPORTANT elimination organs!

The SKIN is also known as the “3rd†kidneys and the lungs are known as the “2nd†kidneys. Toxicity can gather beneath the skin’s surface from such common influences such as improper pH levels in body soaps, skin creams and anti-perspirants, plus Synthetic fibers worn next to the skin with any of them contributing to a variety of skin problems and conditions.

When you do Dry Skin Brushing, you help your lymph system to clean itself of the toxins that collect in the lymph glands. You use a simple technique to improve the surface circulation on the skin and keep the pores of the skin open, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes, and resulting in an improved ability to combat bacteria, plus helping your skin to look and feel healthier and more resilient!

Skin brushing is a perfect treatment for self-help enthusiasts!

Benefits:

Tightens skin, helps digestion, removes cellulite, stimulates circulation, increases cell renewal, cleans lymphatic system, removes dead skin layers, strengthens immune system, improves exchange between cells, stimulates the glands, thus helping ALL of the body systems to perform at peak efficiency!

When you brush, the pores of your skin clear, your skin is able to absorb nutrients and elimate toxins. Clogged pores are not just a cosmetic concern. Healthy, breathing skin contributes to overall body health.

To dry brush, use a soft natural fiber brush (available from health food stores). It is important to use a natural bristle brush as nylon or synthetic fiber brushes are too sharp and may damage skin. Always dry brush before you shower or bath because you will want to wash off the impurities that you scrape up from the brushing action.

Begin with your feet and brush vigorously in circular motions. Brush away from your extremities and toward your heart. Continue brushing up your legs, then proceed to your hands and arms. Brush your entire back and abdomen area, shoulders and neck. Do not brush any sensitive, irritated, infected or amaged areas of the skin and avoid facial skin as well.

After brushing, rinse off in the shower alternating temperatures in the shower from hot and cold. This will further invigorate the skin and stimulate blood circulation, bringing more blood to the outer layers of the skin.

After getting out of the shower, dry off vigorously. You may want to massage a small amount of pure plant oil, such as sesame or almond, into your skin to prevent dryness, however often you will find you won’t need anything.

Don’t forget to clean your dry skin brush regularly, using soap and water. After rinsing, dry your brush in an open, sunny spot to prevent mildew from developing.

Dry skin brushing revitalizes your skin and increases blood circulation. It will increase the capacity of your skin to eliminate toxins. Dry brushing also rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin. Furthermore, dry brushing contributes to healthier muscle tone and better distribution of fat deposits.
wink.gif

I need to try this for my cellulite! I wasn't sure about the technique before so I never tried it. Thanks for the info.

Great post. I've been promising myself that i'd buy a brush so i could start the dry brushing but to be honest any that i've felt feel really hard & i can't imagine scrubbing myself with them! I'll continue on my search though coz i'd really love to start doing this

Originally Posted by naturally And for my hubby to notice makes that an even bigger WOW! LMAO!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I need to try this for my cellulite! I wasn't sure about the technique before so I never tried it. Thanks for the info. I have been dry skin brushing for years. The key is a very good brush, clean it often, and I found counter-clockwise circles are the best.
Also, the rinsing in hot/cold/hot water stimulates you immune system. My ND swears by hydrotherapy (what it's called).

My skin in the winter is not scaly at all, and I use only a light oil after my shower.

I haven't noticed my cellulite or stretch marks subsiding much though.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Wish those would go away!

Becky

Latest posts

Back