Ebay Advice

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So on Feb. 13th, I won an auction on ebay for a skirt, paid 8.50 for shipping (Canada to US). So I waited and after about 2 weeks, emailed to let her know it wasn't here yet, she said to keep waiting and then emailed me on March 8th to say that the package was returned to her saying the person at that paypal address was deceased (which I'm clearly not). Now I know that address is correct because many others have shipped to me at the address from the US and Canada. But she said she'd resend that day and I still don't have it and asked again and she replied yesterday that it was shipped surface mail (don't you think she coulda done something faster for 8.50?) and would be here in 2-3 weeks and I should be patient.

I feel like I've been patient! 6 weeks for a skirt?! What do y'all think? Should I say something to her about this or just keep waiting? I kinda feel like she should refund my shipping or something! But I haven't really sold on ebay so I don't know if this stuff happens a lot.

OK that was really long...sorry!

Hmmm... sounds unreasonable of her. If you have enough feedback to withstand her retaliatory, then I think you should leave a negative or neutral feedback because it took so long and she doesn't sound very nice or understanding.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 So on Feb. 13th, I won an auction on ebay for a skirt, paid 8.50 for shipping (Canada to US). So I waited and after about 2 weeks, emailed to let her know it wasn't here yet, she said to keep waiting and then emailed me on March 8th to say that the package was returned to her saying the person at that paypal address was deceased (which I'm clearly not). Now I know that address is correct because many others have shipped to me at the address from the US and Canada. But she said she'd resend that day and I still don't have it and asked again and she replied yesterday that it was shipped surface mail (don't you think she coulda done something faster for 8.50?) and would be here in 2-3 weeks and I should be patient. I feel like I've been patient! 6 weeks for a skirt?! What do y'all think? Should I say something to her about this or just keep waiting? I kinda feel like she should refund my shipping or something! But I haven't really sold on ebay so I don't know if this stuff happens a lot.

OK that was really long...sorry!

It sucks that people have to worry about retaliatory stuff! I sent my payment on time and she should have left my feedback then! ARGH! No I wouldn't want a neg/neutral on ebay yet. I might send her another message letting her know that I've been patient about it!

I know! I like when a seller leaves me feedback right after I pay because then I don't have to consider a retaliatory when leaving feedback if something goes wrong.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 It sucks that people have to worry about retaliatory stuff! I sent my payment on time and she should have left my feedback then! ARGH! No I wouldn't want a neg/neutral on ebay yet. I might send her another message letting her know that I've been patient about it!

Except for follow ups!
frown.gif
I would email her again and say that you should at least get a few $ back for all your patience & understanding. It's the least she could do. Especially if she wants to keep a good reputation. I've sold stuff before, and I'm ALWAYS in contact with buyers... letting them know every step of the way. They seem to appreciate that. Like one time, I was selling stuff on there for my b/f. (Which I do a lot) and we always ship using FedEx Ground... it's quick, relatively cheap, and comes w/ tracking info. Well, the only downfall to it is the point of this story... They sometimes Mess UP! Well, we were selling 2 different truck parts to 2 different people. Fine. One weighed 1 lb. one weighed 50 lbs. FINE. 1lb. was going to California... 50lbs. going to IL. (or somewhere ... I forget) anyway... fine again. Problem starts when FedEx mixes up the labels and sends little box to IL and big box to CA. And naturally we realized this AFTER they already left NY. Well, after 100 phone calls with FedEx's all over the country... they had to deliver the stuff to the wrong houses... issue call tags, which means they had to leave them outside for FedEx to get them... then send them to the correct locations. A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!! but we kept in contact with both parties and let them know the problem, and its progress... eventually - they got their correct items, but the shipping time got really delayed... but they still left ps. feedback and kept my 100%pos. rating!
smile.gif
I'm so glad they were understanding.. but I think talking to them really helped out.
icon_wink.gif

Wow! It's good that everything got where it needed to be! I guess I'm just questioning this whole "deceased" thing...why would they say I was dead when everyone here is alive!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Wow! It's good that everything got where it needed to be! I guess I'm just questioning this whole "deceased" thing...why would they say I was dead when everyone here is alive! Yeah really! Thats weird! I mean unless someone hacked into your paypal, or it got mixed up w/ someone elses somehow - I'd assume this seller is just ODD!!! Who says something like that!!!
icon_eek.gif

check paypal and ebay's rules about doing something about trying to get your money back. i've never had to do anything like that yet. but i've heard sellers run buyers around saying to wait and wait until it's too late to file a complaint or something.

i try my best to be a good seller/buyer on ebay. i send things out the day of, of the next day of receiving payment. I package the items well and use UPS ground shipping on most items. I let them know when I ship things out and give them the tracking #'s. Some sellers CHARGE for tracking #'s?!?! When it's free from UPS anyways. When I buy things, I pay as soon as I know the auction is over, and ask the seller to let me know when they ship out my stuff. But they usually don't
frown.gif

Just recently I had a buyer with very little feedback leave me negative feedback
icon_evil.gif
. She bought a henna kit for $1.00 and $8.00 for shipping through UPS. She took 2 weeks to pay, I send 2 invoices and 1 email and never heard anything until she finally paid. She didn't even say anything like "Sorry for the delay" or something. I send it out the next day. And she leaves negative feedback saying the thing was dried out! It was brand new and still sealed in the shrink wrap! She never emailed me about it. My bf used a henna kit and he said there's ways to make it work again or something. If it was still a problem, I would have refunded her $1 freaking dollar.
icon_mad.gif
But how am I supposed to know that it was dried out if it was sealed and doesn't have an expiration date or anything?? So she ruined my feedback score over $1.00!

Sorry for the long rant. lol. It just makes me upset when I think about it.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Wow! It's good that everything got where it needed to be! I guess I'm just questioning this whole "deceased" thing...why would they say I was dead when everyone here is alive! To be honest bonbon412, that sounds like a lie to me.. How would a paypal address come back saying your deceased? WTF is that about? I'm not very familiar with PayPal or eBay but that to me sounds like a big fat lie & that she really didn't mail til the 8th..

Thanks girls! I sent her another email saying that I have been patient for 6 weeks and it's not my fault if she messed up on addressing the package or something and that she should have shipped priority mail the 2nd time since I think I paid enough to cover that anyway! I also asked for a tracking number...hopefully she has one. I've never been ripped off on a ebay or MUA so I hope this isn't the 1st time!

Latest posts

Back