ebay seller grrr....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Ok, I bought 2 mac e/s pro pans from 1 seller using buy it now for $5 each. It says that he combines shipping for the mac pigment samples. He charges $5 for shipping, so i emailed him after i bought it and asked for a new bill for combined shipping. he writes back saying that he doesn't combine shipping. so i paid $5 for each shadow
icon_evil.gif
. it's kind of ok since the pro pans are $9.50 each plus tax. so it's the same price.

anyways, i get the shadows yesterday. they're packed in a self made envelope from brown paper and tape, shipped TOGETHER when he said he wouldn't combine shipping, and the shipping label says $0.36!!!! i should have asked him before buying it, but it just pisses me off! i don't know if i should email him or anything. and he put a note in with the e/s saying he would like to hear feedback when i receive it.
icon_rolleyes.gif

my bf told me before that if something goes for cheap, and the shipping is expensive it's a little known thing to do that so the seller doesn't get a lot of $ taken away from ebay or paypal fees.

sorry. i just needed to rant. and i don't know whether to tell him something or what kind of feedback to leave him.

Originally Posted by Liz Ok, I bought 2 mac e/s pro pans from 1 seller using buy it now for $5 each. It says that he combines shipping for the mac pigment samples. He charges $5 for shipping, so i emailed him after i bought it and asked for a new bill for combined shipping. he writes back saying that he doesn't combine shipping. so i paid $5 for each shadow
icon_evil.gif
. it's kind of ok since the pro pans are $9.50 each plus tax. so it's the same price.
anyways, i get the shadows yesterday. they're packed in a self made envelope from brown paper and tape, shipped TOGETHER when he said he wouldn't combine shipping, and the shipping label says $0.36!!!! i should have asked him before buying it, but it just pisses me off! i don't know if i should email him or anything. and he put a note in with the e/s saying he would like to hear feedback when i receive it.
icon_rolleyes.gif

my bf told me before that if something goes for cheap, and the shipping is expensive it's a little known thing to do that so the seller doesn't get a lot of $ taken away from ebay or paypal fees.

sorry. i just needed to rant. and i don't know whether to tell him something or what kind of feedback to leave him.

What a jerk,you should definetly let him know that you are not happy with his scheme,seems like he wasnt honest with you.Maybe you can even put a complai in on ebay.I always go on ebay to look at mac but i dont want to get screwed.sucks that some people ruin helpful oppertunities. Sorry you had a bad experiance,hope things go better next time!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz Ok, I bought 2 mac e/s pro pans from 1 seller using buy it now for $5 each. It says that he combines shipping for the mac pigment samples. He charges $5 for shipping, so i emailed him after i bought it and asked for a new bill for combined shipping. he writes back saying that he doesn't combine shipping. so i paid $5 for each shadow
icon_evil.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Stories like this make me never want to buy from Ebay! People are such scammers. That sucks so bad. Sorry for your stress!

That sucks! I hate when people use shipping to make a profit on ebay! I would contact him and let him know that since he combined shipping, you don't think you should have to pay that fee twice. He might refund part of it! And I'd definatly mention it in the feedback because it is so dishonest! I had a woman do that for me too...charged me $17 for a dress and top that were shipped in the same priority mail box for $3.85!

Originally Posted by Liz

Ok, I bought 2 mac e/s pro pans from 1 seller using buy it now for $5 each. It says that he combines shipping for the mac pigment samples. He charges $5 for shipping, so i emailed him after i bought it and asked for a new bill for combined shipping. he writes back saying that he doesn't combine shipping. so i paid $5 for each shadow
icon_evil.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Time for some NEG or Nuetral feedback on Ebay! I would make him refund you or threaten him with NEG feedback

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Time for some NEG or Nuetral feedback on Ebay! I would make him refund you or threaten him with NEG feedback Ita! Leave her/him a negative or a neutral feedback
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Ita! Leave her/him a negative or a neutral feedback
icon_evil.gif
He really deserves negative feed back,and he can go to Janelles eternal bad hair day dungeon,lol,hey what happened to it.
biggrin.gif

OMG this kind of scam happened to one of mine Friend too...He actualy bought a hard drive for his notebook. since he's was broke...so when he got it from Ebay it was nicly packed as soon as he installed in the laptop it did the same noice and the system not even found the hdd. Later in a like 2 days after he recieved another HDD from Ebay...he was quite surprise and came to me...saying look i have recived another one...I was like i think Ebay charged you twice...you should call yu bank to find out....and guess what excatly what i said...he had been charged twice from ebay and both hard drive is ridden bad...and making wanky noice...
icon_twisted.gif
I can't trust ebay this days then i used too.

I'd leave him some negative feedback on his "shipping policy" ~ at least you got your package, so go for it! ~ You'll feel better!!

icon_evil.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

i just don't want to get retalitory feedback
frown.gif
i don't want my bf to see that also since it was for makeup
icon_redface.gif
. i wrote him an email about it. hopefully i get a reply. i won't leave him any feedback if he doesn't email me.

well ,I wish you good luck,and maybe he will stop being an ass and refund you something.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 That's terrible, Miranhat! So what happened? Did your friend return the hard drive or did he get it fixed? He did called them....but the number was not in service...he emailed them no response...and the 2nd one he called the lady he spoke too...she apologies but she won't refund the money....so now he still waiting to get any answer from the ebay customer service...it's been a week already...no reponse
icon_evil.gif

Good luck Liz, hope his next move will be positive.

Originally Posted by Liz i just don't want to get retalitory feedback
frown.gif
i don't want my bf to see that also since it was for makeup
icon_redface.gif
. i wrote him an email about it. hopefully i get a reply. i won't leave him any feedback if he doesn't email me.

Just my 2 cents...these things do suck, big time. My blood boils just hearing about your situation! Honestly, the best thing to do is email him (which you did) and express your dissatisfaction. Give him a chance to make it right, and if he doesn't, DO NOTHING. If you leave negative feedback you bet he will do the same to you. There's nothing worse than logging onto eBay and seeing that horrid, false, undeserved, black mark on your name! It happened to me twice and I did all sorts of complaining to eBay and emailed the person, and it did absolutely no good. Well, one of the psychos got suspended, but that didn't take the negative off my record. It's still there. I will never, ever leave negative feedback for anyone, unless they have already left feedback for me.

On another note, one time I charged someone what I honestly thought was a fair price for shipping, and when she got it, she thought it was unfair. She asked me to refund part of her money. I ended up refunding her about 40 cents. Seriously. Talk about anal. That ticked me off but at least she left positive feedback. Obviously your guy isn't overcharging by just a little, he's grossly overcharging and outright lying about his policies on combined shipping. Complain to him but don't leave neg. feedback, or even neutral! People like that will say anything including making sh*t up out of the clear blue sky about you.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this so long, but like I said, I just get so boiling mad when I think about all the loser psychos on eBay!!! They ruin it sometimes! I'll still do business on eBay, but carefully.

icon_evil.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Grrr... I HATE when they do that!! Such a rip off!
frown.gif

it is... I ordered something for $1 one time and paid $7.99 for shipping!!!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Grrr... I HATE when they do that!! Such a rip off!
frown.gif

yeah, it pisses me off. cause dumb asses will do retalitory shit.

like some chick said that i sent her something dried out, but it was sealed, so how am i supposed to know?! and she bought it for $1!!!!!

Originally Posted by glamslam Just my 2 cents...these things do suck, big time. My blood boils just hearing about your situation! Honestly, the best thing to do is email him (which you did) and express your dissatisfaction. Give him a chance to make it right, and if he doesn't, DO NOTHING. If you leave negative feedback you bet he will do the same to you. There's nothing worse than logging onto eBay and seeing that horrid, false, undeserved, black mark on your name! It happened to me twice and I did all sorts of complaining to eBay and emailed the person, and it did absolutely no good. Well, one of the psychos got suspended, but that didn't take the negative off my record. It's still there. I will never, ever leave negative feedback for anyone, unless they have already left feedback for me.
On another note, one time I charged someone what I honestly thought was a fair price for shipping, and when she got it, she thought it was unfair. She asked me to refund part of her money. I ended up refunding her about 40 cents. Seriously. Talk about anal. That ticked me off but at least she left positive feedback. Obviously your guy isn't overcharging by just a little, he's grossly overcharging and outright lying about his policies on combined shipping. Complain to him but don't leave neg. feedback, or even neutral! People like that will say anything including making sh*t up out of the clear blue sky about you.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this so long, but like I said, I just get so boiling mad when I think about all the loser psychos on eBay!!! They ruin it sometimes! I'll still do business on eBay, but carefully.

Latest posts

Back