Ellada Lane - Greek Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an email to them yesterday to say I was looking forward to getting a shipping notice this week and was told, "We scheduled for Wed-Fri, but all is good to go." I am optimistic.

trying to figure it out if it is legit I mean ouiplease is legit just a terrible box in terms of poor service to the customers. I am always interested to see what the boxes are about just not if they are bad at customers service

and to I believe is a company takes my money they better not drag their feet on giving me what I paid for that will quickly sour me to them

I've had good communication with the founders and am feeling positive about this box. It takes some time to get a good box off the ground. I *am* a subscriber and I'm willing to give them some time to get it right. Their customer service has been extremely responsive and I'm looking forward to seeing the box and its contents in the next week or so.

Anyone else here who's ordered and looking forward to this? I'm told there should be 7 products and 2 wooden boxes in the parcel, "...all handmade, nothing is mass produced."

No, but I have a DHL International tracking number and will be following its progress. I also got another spoiler which came in the form of a picture attached to an email.

spoiler.jpg

Ooh looks lovely. How much was this box again?  all in taxes, shipping etc?
A single 'parcel', which is all I paid for, was $169 but there were some discount codes, one for 20% off, so basically $135. Shipping is included, as is customs duties pre-paid. Month-to-month recurring payment was $149 per month, but I wanted to give it a try before committing.

Last edited by a moderator:
DianeER, I also subscribed to this box, but my box still just says shipping label created.  I have filed a dispute with paypal and do not plan on cancelling until I have the box.  Have you had any movement on your box?  I have lost a lot of trust in this company because they said it went out the door last Friday never sent me a tracking number until I requested and then the tracking number just says shipping label created. I signed up on August 17th.

Mine is on the move now to, but I already received a credit back from paypal. They originally told me it would be 10 days so I figured that would give it time for the box to arrive). As soon as I receive the box, I plan on resending Stavros the money for the box.  I fell bad, but there were certain things that happened that had me concerned that this box was a fraud.  If I like the items, I will order Athens and apologize profusely to Stavros.  I feel bad. 

My box just keeps on moving, it has now been processed for export. I exchanged email with Stavros again today who apologized for the shipping delays (which sound fairly common for Greece?) and he says that for the first box they've done something different: "Instead of a normal paper box we have placed the products in a nice wooden box which you can then later reuse for other gifts or as decoration."

If there is anyone interested in taking a chance on them on Black Friday, the code "Greece" at checkout will take 20% off an annual subscription, making each box $106.50 (including taxes, shipping, customs, etc).

It's a lot to take this on faith, since we haven't even revealed the first box's contents and things have been a little rocky at the start, but I think they're trying to make a go of it. I'm hoping to be wowed by this first box in a week or so. The theme of the next box, which is planned to be sent in a couple weeks to arrive before Christmas (!!) is "Hidden Treasures of Athens".

A wooden box sounds fantastic! I'm so curious about this sub. They didn't give enough hints for me to sign up, even with the Black Friday discount, but I'm very excited to see what you all get. 

Latest posts

Back