Elvis Week !!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Anya1976 yea you can, Ewan mcgregor is in it too. Oh.. ok - cool! Will have to keep an eye out for it! Thanks Ang!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I like young Elvis too!
wink.gif
So hot! :icon_love There's a guy that is with the Legends tour in vegas that looks EXACTLY like young Elvis... he's Irish (accent and all!) but he could be his twin!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Speaking of twins, Elvis was a twin, his brother died at birth I believe or sometimes right after birth. I love Elvis so much strange thing is he died in 77 I was born in 79, my grandma thinks I am nuts. I have been to Graceland 15 times. I collect anything and everything elvis, I have about 50 LP's never opened, dolls, bedroom set, posters (life size), concert tickets one never used the other used ect. My step grandma was in the army with him, I have a few pictures of him and her together as well, she was some type of nurse. Sad thing is his daughter looks just like him, she should have been a man :0) We have a guy from Louisiana that does a look-a-like of Elvis his name is Brandon Bennett, he is awsome. Here is the link to one of his sites. http://www.elvismyway.com/
3.jpg

here is a pic of Brandon (so dreamy):icon_love :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh.. ok - cool! Will have to keep an eye out for it! Thanks Ang!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
it might be harder to find since it wasn't a huge hit but it's a trippy movie.

I saw Elvis in concert in Ft. Worth, Texas when I was a lil girl. Went with my family. I remember he was wearing one of those white, flashy outfits but that's about it. I remember the day he died...remember hearing them announce it on the radio.

Hey Liz, you were born in '83??? My son was born in '83!

Originally Posted by Jen I saw Elvis in concert in Ft. Worth, Texas when I was a lil girl. Went with my family. I remember he was wearing one of those white, flashy outfits but that's about it. I remember the day he died...remember hearing them announce it on the radio.

I saw Elvis in Concert too...back in the early 70's at the Hilton International Hotel in Vegas - he looked his best - he even had little Lisa Marie up on stage to introduce her to the audience - she couldn't have been no more than 4-5 yrs. old...it was a great show...had tickets for his last performance here on Long Island back in 1977, too bad he didn't make it....
frown.gif
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Jen I saw Elvis in concert in Ft. Worth, Texas when I was a lil girl. Went with my family. I remember he was wearing one of those white, flashy outfits but that's about it. I remember the day he died...remember hearing them announce it on the radio.

hehe. yup! i'm only 21. gonna turn 22 in july
biggrin.gif

my mom and grandma went to a few concerts of his and they had planned on going when he came to chicago again but of course he didn't make it.

my grandma had elvis stuff everywhere. we keep one of her elvis busts up and a picture she had in our basement up as a tribute to gram. she had moved to fla so she took alot of it with her that mycousins and aunt pilfered so we don't have it anymore. but what we do have we keep around.

I gotta watch part 2 tomorrow night - its gonna interfer w/American Idol, I'm going to have to be doing some heavy flipping back & forth....
redface.gif

i wonder if he would still be a king if he had lived and would have died from old age or something?

Originally Posted by Liz i wonder if he would still be a king if he had lived and would have died from old age or something? Of course he would...once you're given the title "King" - ya take it to the grave with ya - no matter what lol....He'll always be the King of Rock n- Roll.... (dead or alive)
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Of course he would...once you're given the title "King" - ya take it to the grave with ya - no matter what lol....He'll always be the King of Rock n- Roll.... (dead or alive)
tongue.gif
yea i totally agree he'd still be the king.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 yea i totally agree he'd still be the king. Yup!! Long live the King of Hips! *ahem... I mean Rock n' Roll *
icon_redface.gif
lol

Watched the one on CBS tonight inbetween flippin AI on n' off.... it's a good movie!! I was unable to stop watching! LOL
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Watched the one on CBS tonight inbetween flippin AI on n' off.... it's a good movie!! I was unable to stop watching! LOL
icon_eek.gif
i missed the rest of it cus i was at work
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i missed the rest of it cus i was at work
frown.gif
It was good! I hope they re-air it so I can see the beginning... I missed some of it .
frown.gif

i watched the true hollywood story on e!. they had one on lisa maried also.

i'm watching the elvis show right now, and the guy isn't that cute, which throws me off a little lol.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 It was good! I hope they re-air it so I can see the beginning... I missed some of it .
frown.gif
i'm sure they will sooneror later i'd like to see the whole thing *sigh*

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Watched the one on CBS tonight inbetween flippin AI on n' off.... it's a good movie!! I was unable to stop watching! LOL
icon_eek.gif
Yeah I liked it...I wanna see the one on Friday night @ 8pm - "ELVIS, by the Presley's" - narrated by Lisa Marie & Priscilla with never before seen movies., etc...
Did anyone catch Priscilla Presley on Letterman, last night??? What kind of work did she have done...She looks horrible! Her mouth is all screwed up looking.. She used to be a really pretty woman, - she looks like a train wreck !
eek.gif

Back