Elvis Week !!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll be watching ...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
What more can they tell us that we don't already know? I can still remember the day the King died, where I was and what I was doing....
icon_cry.gif

I love the KING !

i'm a fan of elvis. thought/think he was totally hot when he was younger. i don't think i was born yet when he died though...(i was born in 83). i went to Graceland before. That was fun
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i'm a fan of elvis. thought/think he was totally hot when he was younger. i don't think i was born yet when he died though...(i was born in 83). i went to Graceland before. That was fun
biggrin.gif
I like young Elvis too!
wink.gif
So hot! :icon_love There's a guy that is with the Legends tour in vegas that looks EXACTLY like young Elvis... he's Irish (accent and all!) but he could be his twin!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm probably going to watch the mini-series. Never really got into Elvis, but it could change my mind.
wink.gif

Guys, ya ALL gotta watch the mini-series thing about him coz the guy that plays him (Jonathan Rhys Myers) is a friend of mine..

Ok I’m JOKING! But he’s Irish and lived in Cork (where I live) when he was a kid. Cant wait til its shown over here in Ireland

Originally Posted by Laura Guys, ya ALL gotta watch the mini-series thing about him coz the guy that plays him (Jonathan Rhys Myers) is a friend of mine..

Ok I’m JOKING! But he’s Irish and lived in Cork (where I live) when he was a kid. Cant wait til its shown over here in Ireland

LMAO Lau!!! You got me there for a sec!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

OMG! I love Elvis. I have been to Graceland as well. I think I am more fascinated by the fact that some one really lived that lifestyle. He was so hot in the 50's and those hips are probably part of the reason for global warming He knocked us off our axis! ALready tivo'd the mini series.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe OMG! I love Elvis. I have been to Graceland as well. I think I am more fascinated by the fact that some one really lived that lifestyle. He was so hot in the 50's and those hips are probably part of the reason for global warming He knocked us off our axis! ALready tivo'd the mini series. LOL @ axis knocking!! I want to see it too - love biography shows - this should be good!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i'm a fan of elvis. thought/think he was totally hot when he was younger. i don't think i was born yet when he died though...(i was born in 83). i went to Graceland before. That was fun
biggrin.gif
no elvis died in '77 when i was 1

Originally Posted by K*O* I'll be watching ...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
What more can they tell us that we don't already know? I can still remember the day the King died, where I was and what I was doing....
icon_cry.gif

I love the KING !

oh i'm with ya i love elvis. my grandma was a big fan so is my mom i've been to Graceland quite a few times and i read the book Elvis and Me when i was like in 4th grade i read that book over and over. (watched the tv movie too) one of my first music tapes was the Blue Hawaii soundtrack (still my fave soundtrack) after my grandma died i got all her elvis stuff. All the newspapers and everything she saved from when he died and all of her records

Originally Posted by Anya1976 oh i'm with ya i love elvis. my grandma was a big fan so is my mom i've been to Graceland quite a few times and i read the book Elvis and Me when i was like in 4th grade i read that book over and over. (watched the tv movie too) one of my first music tapes was the Blue Hawaii soundtrack (still my fave soundtrack) after my grandma died i got all her elvis stuff. All the newspapers and everything she saved from when he died and all of her records wow... you definitely have to hold onto all of that!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 wow... you definitely have to hold onto all of that!
icon_eek.gif
i wonder if anyone would pay money for those old papers and magazines lol

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i wonder if anyone would pay money for those old papers and magazines lol I'm sure they would... hell, people are paying thousands for the 'runaway bride toast" lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm sure they would... hell, people are paying thousands for the 'runaway bride toast" lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LMAO that's true.

i'm trying to remember one of the tv movies about elvis, but it was told from priscilla's perspective i believe. anyways, i think that guy is cute too! lol. i want to look up his imdb stuff, but don't know the name or movie
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i'm trying to remember one of the tv movies about elvis, but it was told from priscilla's perspective i believe. anyways, i think that guy is cute too! lol. i want to look up his imdb stuff, but don't know the name or movie
frown.gif
that was elvis and me it was adapted from her book (that i read over and over and over again lol)

Originally Posted by Anya1976 that was elvis and me it was adapted from her book (that i read over and over and over again lol) the dude in this movie was in velvet goldmine and in bend it like beckham jonathan rhys-meyerstotal hottie. i've loved him since he was in velvet goldmine (the movie from last night anyway that's the one JRM is in)

dale midkiff was in elvis and me
wink.gif

(ok so i am a movie freak)

Originally Posted by Anya1976 that was elvis and me it was adapted from her book (that i read over and over and over again lol) thanks!!! that guy is yummy!!!

Originally Posted by Anya1976 the dude in this movie was in velvet goldmine and in bend it like beckham jonathan rhys-meyerstotal hottie. i've loved him since he was in velvet goldmine (the movie from last night anyway that's the one JRM is in)

dale midkiff was in elvis and me
wink.gif

(ok so i am a movie freak)

I've read about that Velvet Goldmine movie... never saw it - but I want to now... can you rent it?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I've read about that Velvet Goldmine movie... never saw it - but I want to now... can you rent it?
icon_wink.gif
yea you can, Ewan mcgregor is in it too.

Latest posts

Back