email I received, hmmmmmmmmmm

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Look at this email I got, do you suppose it's true?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
wink.gif
lol

FROM TONY AND JULIET ODI.

TEL:225-05-35-75-97.

ABIDJAN, COTE D' IVOIRE. WEST AFRICA.

MY NAME IS TONY ODI NATIONALITY SIERRA LEONE. I AM

22YEARS OLD STUDIED MARKETING IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN THE UNIVERSITY.

I LOST MY FATHER YEARS BACK HE DIED DRURING THE POLITICAL CRISIS IN MY COUNTRY. MY LATE FATHER WAS ONE OF THE DIRECTORS UNDER TIJAN KABBAH GOVERNMENT. MY SISTER JULEIT IS 18 YEARS. WE ARE LEAVING IN COTE D'IVOIRE SINCE PAST SIX MONTH. IT IS MY DESIRE TO WRITE FROM MY HEART HOPING THAT YOU WILL NOT BETRAY US. MY FATHER DIVERTED SOME HUGE SOME OF MONEY WHICH HE DEPOSITED WITH A BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN WHEN HE WAS ALIFE. IN FACT IN A BRIFE INTRODUTION ALL THE INFORMATION WILLBE GIVEN TO YOU WHEN I HEAR FROM YOU. THIS MONEY TOTALING US$ 9,000,000.00( NINE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ) NOW WE ARE SEEKING FOR A TRUSTED PERSON WHO WILL RECEIVE THIS MONEY INTO HIS/HER ACCOUNT FOR ONWARD INVESTMENT. HOWEVER, WHAT WE NEEDED FROM YOU IS YOUR GOOD ASSISTANCE IN HELPING US TRANSFERRING THE SAID SUM TO YOUR ACCOUNT SINCE WE ARE INEXPERENCED IN THE WORLD OF BUSINESS, THAT'S THE REASON WHY WE ARE ASKING FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

ALL DOCUMENTS CONCERNING THE DEPOSIT MAY BE GIVEN TO YOU FOR YOUR VERIFICATION. WE REALLY NEED TO MOVE THE FUND OUT OF AFRICA TO ABROAD. I AND MY SISTER HAVE DECIEDED TO GIVE YOU 5% OF THE TOTAL SUM FOR YOUR KIND ASSISTANCE and 3% will also be mapped out settle any expences you make in this helping us. THE WORLD IS FULL OF BAD PEOPLE PLEASE CAN YOU PROVE YOUR GENUITY TO US FOR US TO HAVE YOU AS A PARTNER. SORRY I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE BAD PERSON BUT CONSIDER THAT THIS IS MONEY AND HOW THE MONEY WAS GOTTEN. IT IS IN HERITACE AND LAST HOPE. SHOW YOUR INTEREST AND WE PROCEED ON THE NEXT STEP OF ACTION. AFRICA IS NO LONGER CONDUSIVE FOR US TO STAY. YOU CAN CALL US ON TEL NUMBER ABOVE.

OUR BEST REGARDS

TONY AND JULIET ODI.

TEL:225-05-35-75-97

I've received multiple emails like that .... I read an article somewhere that this kind of scam has been going on before email existed, people would write letters to CEO's and other wealthy people trying to get them to fall for this. The crazy thing is, people have fallen for it and lost a lot of money!

The lengths these freaks will go to. They can't believe people are that gullable right?
eek.gif

Why do people waste their time doing this stuff?? I used to get lots of them before in my old email addy but since changing i haven't got any spam (touch wood!)

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Look at this email I got, do you suppose it's true?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
wink.gif
lol
FROM TONY AND JULIET ODI.

TEL:225-05-35-75-97.

ABIDJAN, COTE D' IVOIRE. WEST AFRICA.

MY NAME IS TONY ODI NATIONALITY SIERRA LEONE. I AM

22YEARS OLD STUDIED MARKETING IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN THE UNIVERSITY.

I LOST MY FATHER YEARS BACK HE DIED DRURING THE POLITICAL CRISIS IN MY COUNTRY. MY LATE FATHER WAS ONE OF THE DIRECTORS UNDER TIJAN KABBAH GOVERNMENT. MY SISTER JULEIT IS 18 YEARS. WE ARE LEAVING IN COTE D'IVOIRE SINCE PAST SIX MONTH. IT IS MY DESIRE TO WRITE FROM MY HEART HOPING THAT YOU WILL NOT BETRAY US. MY FATHER DIVERTED SOME HUGE SOME OF MONEY WHICH HE DEPOSITED WITH A BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN WHEN HE WAS ALIFE. IN FACT IN A BRIFE INTRODUTION ALL THE INFORMATION WILLBE GIVEN TO YOU WHEN I HEAR FROM YOU. THIS MONEY TOTALING US$ 9,000,000.00( NINE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ) NOW WE ARE SEEKING FOR A TRUSTED PERSON WHO WILL RECEIVE THIS MONEY INTO HIS/HER ACCOUNT FOR ONWARD INVESTMENT. HOWEVER, WHAT WE NEEDED FROM YOU IS YOUR GOOD ASSISTANCE IN HELPING US TRANSFERRING THE SAID SUM TO YOUR ACCOUNT SINCE WE ARE INEXPERENCED IN THE WORLD OF BUSINESS, THAT'S THE REASON WHY WE ARE ASKING FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

ALL DOCUMENTS CONCERNING THE DEPOSIT MAY BE GIVEN TO YOU FOR YOUR VERIFICATION. WE REALLY NEED TO MOVE THE FUND OUT OF AFRICA TO ABROAD. I AND MY SISTER HAVE DECIEDED TO GIVE YOU 5% OF THE TOTAL SUM FOR YOUR KIND ASSISTANCE and 3% will also be mapped out settle any expences you make in this helping us. THE WORLD IS FULL OF BAD PEOPLE PLEASE CAN YOU PROVE YOUR GENUITY TO US FOR US TO HAVE YOU AS A PARTNER. SORRY I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE BAD PERSON BUT CONSIDER THAT THIS IS MONEY AND HOW THE MONEY WAS GOTTEN. IT IS IN HERITACE AND LAST HOPE. SHOW YOUR INTEREST AND WE PROCEED ON THE NEXT STEP OF ACTION. AFRICA IS NO LONGER CONDUSIVE FOR US TO STAY. YOU CAN CALL US ON TEL NUMBER ABOVE.

OUR BEST REGARDS

TONY AND JULIET ODI.

TEL:225-05-35-75-97

Wow Tony!! And they picked YOU out of EVERYONE in the US!! LOL
tongue.gif
I used to get a lot of these scam-mails... and my b/f got one once when he was selling his truck on Ebay - some guy gave him a whole long email like this - he was from another country, yadda yadda - would pay him 4x the amt. he wanted... yadda yadda... must take all the money and give it to some guy in CA - who will take the truck - then my b/f would get 2x what he asked for truck put back into his bank... whole big money laundering scam... some people are just OUT THERE!! LOL
cool.gif

OH yeah... my b/f forwarded it to a cop friend of his - they said it was definitely a money laundering op - and that if he wanted to actually do it, they would catch the guy on the pickup of the item. Naturally he didn't want to get involved! LOL

ROFL! Yeah, I have got many of these....

Damm, who has the time to write these up over and over?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Wow Tony!! And they picked YOU out of EVERYONE in the US!! LOL
tongue.gif
I used to get a lot of these scam-mails... and my b/f got one once when he was selling his truck on Ebay - some guy gave him a whole long email like this - he was from another country, yadda yadda - would pay him 4x the amt. he wanted... yadda yadda... must take all the money and give it to some guy in CA - who will take the truck - then my b/f would get 2x what he asked for truck put back into his bank... whole big money laundering scam... some people are just OUT THERE!! LOL
cool.gif

I got an email very similar to this one,from a supossed dying man.Muggins(me) here sort of believed him and gave him the benefit of the doubt.Luckily my brain got into action and i realised the whole thing was a massive stupid hoax/fraud attempt.Thankfully i didn't give any bank details!

Latest posts

Back