Quantcast

Empty tins and boxes

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I realized I have several empty gum containers, and I feel like I should do something with them! They're cute tins (that used to have Altoids gum or Everest gum). and they seem pretty sturdy, so I didn't want to just throw them out. Any ideas on what to use them for?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I realized I have several empty gum containers, and I feel like I should do something with them! They're cute tins (that used to have Altoids gum or Everest gum). and they seem pretty sturdy, so I didn't want to just throw them out. Any ideas on what to use them for?

-Mix lipsticks and use the containers for them?-Use them as pill boxes when you travel for vitamins/aspirin, etc.

-Wipe down with alcohol then store cotton swabs and q-tips in them when traveling.

-Keep one in your car with parking meter change in it, or use it to keep change handy period.

-Store blotting tissues in them.

- Store fortunes in them from your fortune cookies if you eat Chinese food often. Heh heh.

- If you have allergies, put Kleenex in them and keep them in your purse.

That's all the ideas I have for now, but if I think of more, I'll write again!

Cheers!

Reaction score
I've heard of people using Altoids Tins, CD cases and AOL Tins for homemade makeup palettes. But Cali's ideas sound great as well!

Reaction score
push-pins, mini sewing kit, lipgloss + the last 1/4 inch lipstick fave & mini-brush, vitamin box, earrings, art/office supply holder (clips, post-its, pen caps), re-cycle as gift boxes, beads, nails, tacks, screws, eye-glass repair stuff, coins...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greenladysoap I use them for herbs and tea. Or, loose potpouri (sp?).Sometimes I need to take my favorite tea with me to travel or to the office, those little tins come very handy!

Welcome greenladysoap! Glad to have you here!

I do this, as well, although I have several tins from Celestial Seasonings that are specifically made for holding tea bags. But this is a fantastic idea, especially for times I cannot find my tins! LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greenladysoap I use them for herbs and tea. Or, loose potpouri (sp?).Sometimes I need to take my favorite tea with me to travel or to the office, those little tins come very handy!

I like the idea of potpourri as Greenlady suggested. Then you could use the tin as a car air freshner. Where I live, there are skunks and they stink up the area. Perhaps my car could be in need of freshening? I wish I could rally up the skunks and have a serious talk with them.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by *BrownEyedGirl* What a great idea! I feel so dumb for not thinking of it myself! I usually stuff a few tea bags in my purse (the individually wrapped ones) but they often get destroyed or lost. Or in leiu of a tin, you can always put a few teabags in a plastic baggie, and then in your purse. They won't get destroyed easily then.

Latest posts